• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KoA's art fit for a King

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Slight bumpers for new art, yea

What would Charizard look like if it were a Steel/Fire type?

KoA's art fit for a King

Totally badass.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I've done a few works of art since last post I feel like sharing. I'll start with the most recent, a sketch of Megaman X in woman form...

Yes you heard me right. I present to you, MegaWoman XX (The XX is for chromosomes, ohohoho)

KoA's art fit for a King

Also, a couple more retypes: Ground Kyogre and Water Groudon. :(
    Ground Kyogre
    Water Groudon

Admittedly the last one is not so great but I love all my pieces. :)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Spoiler:

My review ^. I'm going to be completely honest with you. I really, really don't like your style of drawing. And your fakemon concepts are bad. Very bad. However, on the upside, you can draw Pokémon somewhat well. Mostly, though, this was just a pain to review.

But the Starmie on your post is wonderfully done. Perfect, even.
    Hope my review helps and, uh. . Doesn't make you feel discouraged. It's not like I'm trying to be mean. You should probably merge all your later pics into the first post as I can't be bothered to look through your whole thread to find the rest.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    It is art's nature that it is physically impossible to please everyone. There will always be those who don't like your work because art is purely subjective.

I will note however that you were the first to outright not like my work, but I did appreciate you providing a rationale as to why. I actually do agree with many of the points you made, but do realize the majority of those pics are rather aged and I'm unlikely to ever go back and rectify errors within them.

I know you were just being honest, but I wouldn't go so far as to call my concepts horrible. Maybe they weren't your flavor of ice cream, but to call out such things like that would have to suggest the majority of the consensus agrees too. Like you said, these are all your personal opinion, but using broad negative words like that would suggest they are based on an objective scale rather than a subjective one.

So no, I'm not going to let your words turn me off from my passion. I make art because I'm an artist and it's what I do. I take the good and the bad as it comes and only get better with each day.

If everyone quit what they were doing because some people didn't like it, there would be nothing done in the world.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Haha, I decided to try out something new with my drawing style. Since I'm proficient enough with it, I figured I can try to emulate the CG style used in the WindWaker. I think I emulated i well enough, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

I started with something simple like the Wallmaster. Eventually I'll move my way up to Bokoblins and Dark Nuts. :)

KoA's art fit for a King

And I have pure sketches as well. I feel like some of my more technical works are produced with traditional media and I don't think they are able to be transferred over digitally while keeping their essence.

I drew all these while I was supposed to be taking notes. Be sure to click the thumbnails to view the full sized images!

KoA's art fit for a KingKoA's art fit for a KingKoA's art fit for a King

The first is my interpretation of an elderly sage disguised as an owl. I chose a Barn Owl or the design because they are one of the creepiest birds out there and something about them just calls to me.

The second one is just some dragon I sketched. I wanted to try out texturing and shading so it came to be.

The third one is the most chilling. I just made like a zombie alien parasite bursting through the host body, casing it to be destroyed and contorted in the process.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    I really like what you did with the wallmaster :3
    you captured it so cleverly beacsue its glowy, but theres something remarkably solid about it still!
    awesome stufff.... <3~
    and ooooh those three scketches, though small, are reallly very neat :3~ they all have some really wonderfully cark and creepy designs and you executed them well.

if there was a way to see the alien parasite one bigger, it might help. its hard to see on this 'm' *squint*

well, anyways~ great work all round, really :3~ hope to see mooooar. >D!

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    If you click the thumbnails, it will open up a window to the fullsized image, you silly. ;p

But I thank ya for the compliments.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Well, another day another doodle, I guess.

Blue Chu for you!

KoA's art fit for a King

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    That is so? woah. i haven't been here in so long ._______.' that couldn't be done when i frequented here.
    *has a gander*
    Yeah that alien parasite one is verrrry nice, the way you've depicted it with the style you have is most excellent. i like the way you've done its eyes and what i'm assuming is blood and its claws especially.

Your new 'doodle' is really well done to! stop making everyone look bad XD~
    (i kid. i don't mind looking bad, really, if its next to this~!)
    the formation of the shading has captured the blu chu perrfectly<3 and the thunder effect is just gorrrrgeous. keep up the good stuff~ i REALLY like your style :3!

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I assure you I'm not trying to make anyone look bad, I'm only making art for art's sake. ._.

Speaking of which, enjoy this quick doodle of Deoxys inspired by his Smash bros pic.

KoA's art fit for a King

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    All of these are so AWESOME!!! I haven't seen better in here yet. I like all of your works but your Metal Charizard is best! I like Charizards. And Blue Chu is really good (I like Zelda games). What do you use for coloring? I really like these colours (I have never liked colouring but I think it's time to like). Can you draw Typhlosion? It's my favorite pokémon.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Uh well, my first art in like a month or so, I fear I might be slipping. This is one of my favorite pokemon, Glaceon! :)

I'm not too good with backgrounds and scenery at all so I kept it simple with a lil blizzardy scene. Came out ok I think. This is going to be an illustration on a card so it might come out interesting on the final product!

KoA's art fit for a King

Also here's Glaceon without the blizzard:
    https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/kingofanime/Art/Fairly Recent to New Art/glaceon.png

And in terms of music, here's some for you guys, named "Guardian Beasts". It's a remix of the boss theme from Ys II. (Music counts as art too, k?)

KoA's art fit for a King

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Can't let this thread die. D;

New art today. This is for a contest on deviantart where you gotta create a creature based on common household items inspired by the monsters from the upcoming movie, 9. I liked the feel of the movie and I'm a sucker for steampunk, soooo. Say hello to Chimera-tech Stomper:

KoA's art fit for a King

Did this in a different style and took forever to do. :(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I can see why it took forever it's done really well, even though I can't really tell what it is exactly. All I see is a staple remover and maybe possibly a pair of scissors, but its still great though

:t354:TG

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Knives for fingers, metal rods for arms, staple remover for head, fan blades for a neck frill, lightbulb for an eye, metal balles with gold ring joints for a body, electrical wires, and large shears as a tail.

Been away for awhile, but got a few pieces in the works, so expect them within the next couple days!

Back