• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Komala's Log=Komala Theory!!

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • As I was minding my business scrolling through Tumblr, I'd found a pretty strange but convincing theory. *NOT MY THEORY!! Credit*

"What if the log Komala holds IS Komala?? Not the 'koala' attached to it?"

Fans think this from the difference Komala's shiny design & regular design is the color of the log. + Explains why the 'koala' is just hanging on while the log is moving and why Komala cannot have most status effects from being a log. It makes sense, from other Pokémon having another "Pokémon" with it, like the shell attached to Slowbro & the Remoraid that comes with Mantine. If this is true, well folks, we'd just found a Pokémon from Gen. 8 ^^

Your thoughts & opinions? What do you think about this silly theory lol

(it's shiny is on the right if you don't know how it looks like):
    Komala's Log=Komala Theory!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Interesting theory, it doesn't really affect much either way but I don't think it's right. I mean there is the shiny sprite but other than that I don't think there's much weight to it.

The first clue being the name - Komala is obviously very similar to Coma and Koala, and I think if the log was the actual Pokemon then it would be something more like Koalog or Komalog. Then the ability is reflected in the sprite - its eyes are closed and it doesn't move much, being asleep. And finally I don't believe it purely because I don't want to - as much as I don't like the shiny version, I'd much rather the pokemon be the koala than the log.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I've seen this theory before, and I actually like it quite a bit. I have a feeling that Game Freak might just let people speculate about it and never directly prove or disprove it. Just like the Cubone/Kangaskhan easter eggs.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I love this theory already :D As has been said I doubt it'll be something that's ever confirmed or denied by game freak but this could become one of the popular conspiracy theories lol. still, I wonder if it's possible that the "koala" is actually a gen 8 pokémon and maybe komala will get a cross-gen evo in gen 8 related to somehow losing the koala becoming... just a regular log ??

doubt it but that would be amazing haha.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    This is an interesting theory, much like the idea behind Wobbufet's tail being the sentient pokemon and the large body of it is a decoy. I'm not sure if I like it though. I'd much rather the cute koala be the pokemon XD

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    hahaha that's funny. I never would have thought of that, but it makes sense I guess.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • damn, this has really made me see komala differently now! I do like this theory but I'd still probably lean towards the argument that Komala is actually as we first thought.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    The first clue being the name - Komala is obviously very similar to Coma and Koala, and I think if the log was the actual Pokemon then it would be something more like Koalog or Komalog.
    I don't think the name is proof or disproof of what a Pokemon is.
    Dhelmise's name contains the word Helm, a reference to the ship wheel in his design, despite the fact that the actual Pokemon is only the seaweed, holding a regular anchor and ship wheel.
    Or Timburr's evolutionary line, who get their names from the weapons they carry.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I like thories like that, my favorite being the cubone/kagashkan theory and the Wobbufet's decoy. But for some reason, I don'T buy this one. Maybe it's because I can't see how the log can be a Pokemon? Maybe because it has no face? (I know there's other Pokemon with a lack of facial features). But in the attacks, the Koala moves, attacks, I feel like it's only a simple, regular sleep walking koala. Don't get me wrong I like Komala! I just wis so bad that he would had an evolution :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Fun theory very easily disproven.

From the Sun & Moon website:
    Komala clings to a log pillow that its parents have given to it. Once it has grasped this log, it almost never releases it. If it does lose hold of its log, the Pokémon will be unable to sleep well and will thrash about wildly. Apparently it will sometimes cling to the arm of a Trainer it trusts.
    Moon Pokedex entry:
    The log it holds was given to it by its parents at birth. It has also been known to cling to the arm of a friendly Trainer.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Reminds me about how Dhelmise is apparently the algae on the anchor, not the other way around. At least, that's what I think I read! I think that's proven though and not a theory? I could be wrong, I don't have one in my game per se.

Back to Komala, it's an interesting theory, but the name of the Pokemon itself kind of throws that away, unless there happens to be a tree that's similarly named with the word koala.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Reminds me about how Dhelmise is apparently the algae on the anchor, not the other way around. At least, that's what I think I read! I think that's proven though and not a theory? I could be wrong, I don't have one in my game per se.

Back to Komala, it's an interesting theory, but the name of the Pokemon itself kind of throws that away, unless there happens to be a tree that's similarly named with the word koala.

Dhelmise, according to the pokedex in Sun can KO a Wailord by swinging its anchor, and in Moon the seaweed became reborn as a pokemon. It maintains itself by adding seaweed and debris, which to me implies that it is both the seaweed and the ship parts...

On a related note, I would like to see a pokemon like Dhelmise but it is made up of different bits of debris depending on where it is. Something like Rotom with its different forms or Wormadam's cloaks or Spinda's spots, but more along the lines of Conkeldurr holding different weapons, Komala with different shaped logs or Mimikyu with different disguises. How cool would that be?

Back