• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Konekodemon's Artwork

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I finally found the joys of editted tracing. It makes drawing much easier. What I do is I trace off my computer then I edit little details here an there to make the image my own. And this is what I got. Please if you don't like it try to be as nice as possible since I worked so hard on this. It took my 3 hours to do this. So, be nice. This is my Inuyasha OC. Her name is Sakura. She is a priestess and Rin's older sister. She is the descendant of the priestess Midoriko. Her mate is Sesshomaru.
    Konekodemon's Artwork

Here are my two Pichu OCs. The shiny one at the top is a female Pichu by the name of Sparkle. And the normal colored one is a male Pichu, by the name of Volt. The two are lovers, but decided they don't want to evolve into Pikachu quite yet. I was thinking about using them in a fanfic, any plot ideas for the two would be most helpful, and I'd give you credit in the fic:
    Konekodemon's Artwork

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Tracing really wont help you better yourself at all. And askong for some one to be nice, is well, foolish. You want honesty more thsn you want comliments, though at times it may seems like the opposite is true.

For Sakura... Her face is too small and her neck is too big. The arms are well done, but the hands could use work. And for the staff, use a ruler when you want things to be straight.

I have no comments on the Pichu's.

Good luck.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    It isn't a staff, it's a bow. And tracing is a good way to learn to draw. I've been told that by many people.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It isn't a staff, it's a bow. And tracing is a good way to learn to draw. I've been told that by many people.

I see, then it should be curvier. Make it look like it had a bend in it.

Practice and theory are different.

Years
    No, I will agree that tracing is a good way to draw. It helps build the coordination necessary to make that line .1" to the left where it should be. Just don't stick with it for too long, and always push yourself.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I would try to keep your lines straighter, because they look wobbly.

Also, I wouldn't trace a whole lot. It will become a bad habit. I would suggest, for practice, to look at drawings, and re-draw them just based on what you see.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Practice some more to gain more confidence in your lines. Also, consider the shape of the object you are colouring and colour according to the contours; shading according to the shape of an object will give it exponentially more aesthetic quality. Be gentle with your lines and treat your works with delicacy, laying down light shades layer by layer until they build up into a final product, instead of being quick on the draw by pushing bold lines full of inevitable errors.
    Since everybody seems to be so worried about tracing, I'll give my two cents and say that it's okay to start out with, gaining experience and making observations.
    Otherwise, good job. You're off to a decent start with art, especially if you want to continue on the long term. Keep practising and trying to improve. : )

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Thanks for the advice guys, it will help me out a lot. I'm glad that everyone still likes my work anyway. This is what Volt and Sparkle my two Pichu characters would look like if they ever evolved to Pikachus. I'm not sure if I got the colors right for a shiny Pikachu or not, but I tried. Also I messed up on Volt's hair a little but it's barely noticeable. Darn, I forgot the heart shape for the female Pikachu.
    Konekodemon's Artwork

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Those look fine. But the colouring could use work. It's not very smooth. Make sure you cant see any white.

It's hard I know =/

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    That's cause it shows up dusty when scanned. There actually isn't any white on the picture itself. Here's the fixed Image:
    Konekodemon's Artwork

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Better, but still, it's something to work on. You may find markers work better.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I fixed it better. Found out the image was glitching the way I was saving it so I had to convert PDF to JPG and use the orignal file:
    Konekodemon's Artwork

DavidChristopher

Spinda Lover.
    Years
    Pretty good, work a little harder on colouring, take your time. Don't rush.
    And also work on making the lines a little less... um, choppy. :/
    But either than that, splendid work!
    I support your drawings fully :).

Years
    Tracing won't help you at all, simply because you are just copying someone's style and way of drawing. "Eyeballing" (copying the drawing by using it as an example, instead of tracing it) for that matter is a good practice if you're a beginner, because then you are creating the lines yourself, instead of bluntly copying someone elses work.

Remember that you can, and actually should always use references when you start drawing, because references help you improve. Just make sure you always mention what picture you referenced, or better even, make one yourself by making i.e. a picture in a certain pose and use that as an example. Even professional manga-ka's and other artists use references.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I know it's been over a month but I wanna update this thread. I finally did it! I drew free handed. Only thing copied is the background. Vegeta and his wife my oc Cellariss are drew free handed. I kinda messed up on Vegeta on his head and his face and on Cellariss' armor but hey, at least I can say,"I tried." Right?
    Konekodemon's Artwork

Back