• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KONY 2012

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If anything the video made me feel bad that I was born so lucky, which I guess is what they want you to feel in regards to the video. I don't know whether donating will make a difference considering there are actual charities which do good and even if they "make him known" all over America, Australia, etc, not like he's going to come there so you can spot him on the streets and capture him. Sure awareness is great, but making him as popular as a celebrity to convince the government not to give up, shouldn't they like, automatically care about humanity issues and not just ignore them? Kinda a weird attitude for governments. In general though, not going to donate but I do like how the video was shot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    People should do research before jumping on board and helping out. There is so much that is wrong about this video. Even if most of my points are just coincidences there is still too much symbolism for the illuminati not to be involved at all. I have also learned the Uganda has recently discovered lots of oil within their country, The American government just needs a reason to get there.

I don't know about recently. There have been alleged reports of tons of oil barrels in Uganda, mainly in the Northern part of the country, surfing for a few years now. It would be a significant reason to be honest, but there also have been reports of rare minerals in the country. Uranium, tin, platinum, etc were found in large amounts.

Undoubtedly, Joseph Kony should be brought to justice. He's been terrorizing the country for years, going unpunished. However, as I read somewhere, Kony hasn't been 'active' in the last few years. So, KONY2012 ignited skepticism. The Invisible Children activist group is supposedly a non-profitable organization that were largely responsible for the 'awareness' on the Kony draconian. They oppose children forcefully brought into war and the army, which, if you watch the video, is what Kony is doing. But so does the Uganda army. They have a minimum age of 13 for children to enroll into the army. Invisible Children, through money from donations and whatnot, want to fund the Uganda army and provide ammunition and resources to fight against Kony while they are too blind or ignorant to actually see the actuality of the Uganda army. There also something regarding the ICC (International Criminal Court), lead by the Argentinian prosecute something-Ocampa, who not only support the campaign against Kony, but also is one of its main backers, probably financially as well. I am not entirely sure about this, though. And also something the US wanting the Chinese out of the country to influence governmental decisions.

This is a video that pretty much sums my thoughts:

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
    Years
  • The Invisible Children charity:A complete Scam?

So, I think that most of us has watched the viral video that's about raising awareness concerning Joseph Kony, and children soldiers in Uganda. And if not....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc
    I've watched it 3 times. Yes, it's pretty sad. But here's the problem. The group that made the film, Invisible Children, only actually give 32% of their donations as a charity to the Ugandan military. When it's channeled through them, only 9% actually goes to the children that Joseph Kony uses. They use the rest for employment, salaries and most of all($6,000,000), filmaking.
    Not only that, but the film leaves out a humongous chunk of this whole entire situation: The Ugandan military uses child soldiers themselves. So by giving money to the military, they're basically fighting themselves.
    Not only that, but Invisible children have posters with Joseph Kony's face right next to Adolf Hitler's and Osama Bin Laden's. I personally do not think that you can compare him to Hitler or Osama. He's not trying to kill millions of people over their religion, or anything as bad as that.
    So what do you guys think? Do you think that Invisible Children are doing a good thing with this video or not? Discuss.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Merging this into the KONY 2012 thread because there's some scam discussion going on there already.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not only that, but Invisible children have posters with Joseph Kony's face right next to Adolf Hitler's and Osama Bin Laden's. I personally do not think that you can compare him to Hitler or Osama. He's not trying to kill millions of people over their religion, or anything as bad as that.

I honestly do think they can be compared. Kony forced children to have sex with each other, kidnapped them, scarred them, forced them to kill parents, etc. At least with Osama it's not entirely aimed at children, and the youth are the future, etc (plus he didn't recruit children to fight for him) and as for Hitler, while what he did was "worse" technically (aka killing) it's actually about the same level as what Kony did. So yeah I'd say they should be compared, or at least it made sense to compare them in the video/posters.

Years
  • Kony is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands, and the refugee status of many more. Conparisons to Hitler and Bin Laden are quite valid.

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
    Years
  • Saw the video last night. To me, it sounded more like a "call to action" than carefully examining the whole story and what's the background on what's going on over there. Yeah, it's obvious he's an evil man, but it's not like his opponents are any better... from what I read, they're doing the exact same thing with children.

Yeah, it's hard for me to support any cause without a deep knowledge of the actual issues involved. And the video is a lot of propaganda, but little explaining the what and the why.

A call to action towards who? A bunch of people that watch that video have no power over catching KONY already.
    The Ugandan military does the exact same thing, so they can't really kill KONY over that.
    The Ugandan government obviously know of Joseph. And they probably could have caught him by now if they wanted to.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I believe this is very real. I also believe just by signing the pledge that a lot of little can turn into something big. Simply spreading the news about Kony is helpful, and that's what I plan on doing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I believe this is very real. I also believe just by signing the pledge that a lot of little can turn into something big. Simply spreading the news about Kony is helpful, and that's what I plan on doing.

What specific difference are you making with signing a pledge?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Interesting. But that doesn't mean Kony is fake. If the donations are going to a corrupt charity, we find a different charity to help with the arrest of Kony.

Back