• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kris vs Lyra

Kris or Lyra?

• Kris!

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Lyra!

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Bleh, neither.

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    I like Lyra because she appears in the game even if you don't choose her.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Ooops, I accidentally hit Lyra in the poll! I definitely prefer Kris' design to Lyra's. Lyra's probably my least favourite protagonist of all.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Lyra is extremely annoying, with her ridiculously cheerful personality. Plus, her design is really poor. Kris, on the other hand, has a great design and is, in my opinion, the best of the female protagonists.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • Krys all the way. She's THE very first protagonist girl.
    Who, girls, didn't jump for joy when she read (on the version Crystal box) that it was possible to play with obviously a boy, but also with a girl ? And at least, she looks like a true trainer, a badass trainer that will reach the title of champion. You can read it in her eyes.
    Why did they get rid of this awesome trainer to put Lyra instead? That's a shame, a real shame. I don't understand, Gold (the male protagonist) is in the remake, so, where is Kris? What's that girl who go on a journey wearing slippers? We wanted Kris, Game Freak. She's one of the symbol of the 2nd generation, we needed her.

Wrong, Blue was the first female to ever exist... even though she never appeared in Red/Blue/Green, she was still an active part of concept art and was including in the Pokemon Special Manga. Also, I can't really say who's better because they are both so different. It's like comparing apples to oranges really, Kris is a lot more serious in nature and has that kind of "Pokemon Trainer" spirit. Lyra on the other hand seems more like a heroine and has a quality about her that makes her seem like a goofy trainer that turns out to be pretty good in the end. People complain about Lyra's design, but I actually like it because it fits New Bark Town's theme pretty well, overalls with a cute design defiantly shows she is from the rural New Bark Town. Kris on the other hand is kind of like the girl that wants to be a trainer from the start of her life, but that's just me :P

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Neither, Kris I never used in Crystal and Lyra I just hated. Her hat looks retarded. Furthermore, her calls are absolutely pointless. I mean, her MARILL evolves into an AZUMARILL at least twice a week. >.>

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • Lyra is Quite Cute However i Voted Kris because as stated previously her design was Good and just a simple name change like with gold/ethan Wouldve been fine without a complete overhaul on her design plus *nostalgia*

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I played Silver when I was a kid, so I never got to "bond" with Kris in any way. Even if I had played Crystal back then, I would've picked the guy instead of Kris, so it's not like I would've bonded with her in the first place. XD I like Lyra more because she had more personality than Kris did. She was an actual character rather than just a sprite for the player to take on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    I played the male in Crystal because my game. : /
    Kris has cool hair but a retarded outfit. I was looking forward to seeing a revamped Kris. Lyra was a disappointment. If it weren't for Kris's existence, I would like Lyra a lot. Although, she looks oddly similar to Mario.. I mean, even the mustache.. It turned into her pigtails. Do you see the resemblance? o.O
    I didn't see either of them in the anime/manga, so I don't know about their personalities.

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
    Years
  • Kris is better in my opinion.

For one, she's the only protagonist that doesn't have brown or black hair. Anyone noticed that? I think that's why they replaced her with Lyra. Lol.

I like Lyra's design of clothes, but Kris takes the cake.

Red99

World Champion
    Years
  • I like Kris better, cause the design just makes more sense. I've never played any games as Kris or Lyra, but Lyra's sprite is kinda weird.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I thought Lyra's design was quite cute. She looks like Mario :3 Plus I like the puffy hat. Kris, on the other hand, I'm not so fond of. Never played Crystal or Silver or whatever she was in, so there's no nostalgia value here. Also, I just don't Kris' design is all that great :/

Years
  • I prefer them both! I actually thought Lyra was epic and her clothing was awesome, but her hair is pretty stupid. Kris has her hair done in a certain way I love. This results in epicness for both Kris and Lyra. At least, that's what I think.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Kris. I much prefer her design and she's the only female character I've ever used in a Pokemon game. As a kid I thought the option to be a girl instead of a guy in Crystal was cool since you didn't get that choice in the other games, and I felt like trying it out the "new feature". After Crystal I pretty much went back to choosing the Male protagonist for my games.

So yeah, now that I always choose the male protagonist, I can't associate with Lyra that well.

Back