• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Kunzite Version

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022

Kunzite Version

Hack Name:Kunzite Version
    Hack of: FireRed
    Creator: Nero_Forever

About Me:

Spoiler:

Kunzite Version

*Despite the graphic, this is not a "manga" remake or game.*

Story:

*This is a non-canon hack*

You are a young boy/girl living in the
    Murasaki region, just south of Johto. You live with your mother and father in the small Tancho Village. A Pokémon researcher from Kanto moves into your village, and on your 10th birthday, you and your best friend are invited over to receive a birthday gift, your own Pokémon. The reseacher tells you about his old life in Saffron City, and his work at Silph Co., he also tells you about the recent trouble in Kanto with the evil Team Rocket, how he was brainwashed into working for them and the remarkable story of how a young kid your age was able to stop their evil plans and force the team to disband, with the promise they would rise again one day.

Once you receive your Pokémon, you soon find out that Team Rocket has indeed began to rise and rebuild, you meet a young boy and a young girl who inform you that two of Kanto's Gym Leader's, Koga and Sabrina have abandoned their gyms and seemingly disappeared, among ramblings of commanding to a higher power. It seems they have been brainwashed somehow, and it's not long before the pair proclaim themselves as the highest executives in the new Team Rocket.

With Kanto thrown into chaos the Pokémon League has decided to close it's Gyms temporarily, in the meantime all 5 remaining Leaders, as well as the Elite Four are sent out searching for the new Team Rocket, as well as the corrupted Koga and Sabrina. However, knowing it would not be safe to rebuild in Kanto, Team Rocket arrive in Murasaki, determined to build up to greater and more evil heights, before launching a full scale attack on Kanto.

Your father catches wind of Team Rocket's plan, and it's not long before their arrival in Murasaki is confirmed, and you and Team Rocket cross paths, your father warns you not to try to stop their schemes and to abandon your quest to become a Pokémon League Champion. Determined to not let history repeat itself, Koga defeats your father and kidnaps him, as a warning for you to not to try and stop their plans. This makes you more determined than ever to stop Team Rocket taking over your homeland, and to rescue your father, with your friends by your side, you vow not to go down without a fight...

Features:

- Non-Canon hack (some things won't make sense or fit in with the official games)
    - About 300-350 of the Generation 3 Pokémon will be obtainable
    - A select number of Generation 4 Pokémon may be included in the game.
    - New Gym Leaders, some of them won't be as they appear
    - Due to the story several Gym Leaders will have to be re-battled!
    - New Starters
    - Unique Elite Four
    - 3 Rivals, all of which have different battling styles, Pokémon and ratio which throughout the game you will encounter and battle them
    - Team Rocket return under the command of Koga and Sabrina!
    - Some Pokémon's base stats, movesets and evolution methods have been modified. Some Pokémon will learn moves levelling up they wouldn't normally and evolve a different way etc.

Starters:

Kunzite Version
    Kunzite Version
    Kunzite Version

Media:

Kunzite Version
    Kunzite Version
    Kunzite Version
    Kunzite Version
    Kunzite Version

Team:
    Me - Owner, Creative Head, Mapper, Scripter, Tile Insertor
    x Necromorph x - Scripter
    You? - I need some scripters, spriters, overworld editors, testers, titlescreen editors etc.
    (TEAM THREAD LOCATED HERE)

Bugs:

None, Yet.

Support Banners:
    Kunzite Version

Code:
    https://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz7/PokemonKunzite/Graphics/Userbar1.png
    Kunzite Version

Code:
    https://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz7/PokemonKunzite/Graphics/userbar2.png
    Credits:
    Spoiler:

Progress:

Overall: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 1%

Alpha 1: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 35%
    Details:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Nice choice for the starters and the storyline is awesome too :)
    Is the hero then able to visit Kanto ?

Though I like the starter pokemon, you should change their stats so that no one would abandon them in the middle of the game.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    The starters are really legit! All stone evo's coolstuff. Goodluck with this hack. And the whole team rocket under koga thing, did that happen in the manga? I feel like i've heard such a statement before.

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    Thanks for your interest!

Yeah I'm going to change the stats of the starters to make them on par with regular starters and also give them extra moves so it's not like 1 move learned every 10 levels.

Yes in the manga Koga, Sabrina and Lt. Surge were all part of team rocket and even executives i believe.

I will post more screens including ones of scripts soon so look out for those. =)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • You've presented your hack neatly and i just noticed that all starter pokemon have only one evolution..?
    That's the point, it wouldn't be fair if one had 3 or if all of them had 3, they would likely be original starter pokemon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    The name Kunzite sounds pretty interesting, Don't you think? Also the storyline is fairly challenging which means it's fine and simply amazing.

Regards the screenshots, It looks fine. :]

Good luck.

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    Hey, you have the exact same starters as my hack!

Considering I posted this on June 28th and yours was posted on July 11th, it's actually a case of you having the exact same starters as my hack! :P

But, it doesn't bother me - how many hacks have Squirtle/Charmander/Bulbasaur - it's all cool =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    gud luck :D hope the a;pha comes out soon cuz like im bored :P and its a AWSUM HACK!!!! :P :D XP

Back