• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyledove Style and Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Kyledove Style and Pixels

Finished petalburg

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
  • I'm really liking your new style, Kyle. Love that simple pokemart, it will be very useful for making a pokemart in a middle of a forest. Keep up the good work :)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Petalburg looks fantastic!! I cannot wait until I see Fortree and Sootopolis ^^

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    amazing kyledove and the bridge was a nice touch
    are you gona make kanto i saw a pic of it in HG/SS on serebii today

ultimate x

Noblesse Oblige
    Years
  • nice one kyle! i like these tiles of your that you have made, by the way, i just want to ask something, uhm, did you changed the appearance of the mart in petalburg? what i mean is, in oldale, the mart looks like the same as in dpp, but look at it now, it looks like the mart of hoenn right now. :D

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    nice one kyle! i like these tiles of your that you have made, by the way, i just want to ask something, uhm, did you changed the appearance of the mart in petalburg? what i mean is, in oldale, the mart looks like the same as in dpp, but look at it now, it looks like the mart of hoenn right now. :D

He has changed both of them to look a lot more like the hoenn ones

Years
  • Just saw the "Early Hoenn" mpa you posted on deviantArt, and I must say it is amazing. You mapped out Hoenn to the style of D/P/Pt very well, and the new tiles are great, too. Nothing to complain about, really, except for the mart. Its shape is a little odd to me.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Guys, I can understand why it's hard to crit in this thread, as Kyledove's stuff looks professional, but that doesn't give you an excuse to blatantly break the rules in what must be every other reply in this thread. Even if you can't find anything wrong, still elaborate, is it too effort to write "Wow kyle really good tiles, I really love the palettes and detail, classy stuff" or something? It's like 12 words, 1 sentance, but it's elaborate and it explains why you like his work. Seriously, if you guys keep up posting things like "these great tiles look great" I'm sadly gonna end up having to close Kyle's thread, just like with Nicolas' thread.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Wow, now I know where to spend my free time. In this thread!
    Im sorry CS but can you elaborate why you like the tiles fox just posted that right above your post to say that you need to tell kyledove why you like the tiles or how you could improve it

EDIT: By the way kyle the tiles are looking great the pokecenter looks amazingly well done nice choice of colors love the roundish design
    The hero and rival houses should have had brown instead of pink but thats just my opinion the lab looks great I love the color choices, it looks the same yet revamped. The tree's dont look very hoenn-ish are you basing them off the hoenn trees because if you are I personaly couldn't tell :/

But overall great job~

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I love the palette you have gone with for Hoenn. I think it's the best one of your work. Very strong colors.
    I'm not a huge fan of the mart- it looks a bit squashed compared to the other buildings. It looks kind like a wedding ring box or something lol.

Another suggestion would be a bit of variety in the ground tiles. A few different style of flowers around- the odd part of worn out grass from peoples feet or something. Since these are public use tiles, having variety to the ground/path tiles is key for others to work with too- other wise everyone will have the same looking maps as yours. So rather then just credit you with tiles, they might as well credit you with the map work lol.

Also, on a side note, what program do you use to sprite with? Just Microsoft paint?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I always sprite and make tiles in Ms paint, but I map with RMXP.

Anyway the reason why I don't have much variety in ground tiles is because I'm trying to make all regions at the same time.

Here is the progress so far (big images)
    Sinnoh: https://fc08.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/230/8/8/Early_Sinnoh_by_Kymotonian.png (I filled in gaps that weren't in the game)
    Hoenn: https://fc07.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/230/6/a/Early_Hoenn_by_Kymotonian.png

Because of this, I actually have about triple the amount of ground tiles you see (I have Johto/Kanto ready to be mapped after HGSS too)

Not sure what you meant about the trees, they are made to look exactly like the ones in emerald.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Nice i love Ur Maps Kyldove
    are you gonna make Verity Lakefront
    And i ask this before But are you gona Make Kanto

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Awesome tiles and maps, Kyledove! :)
    The only things I don't like about them are the PC's and Marts.
    The roof of the PC extends too far out over the walls; same goes for the Mart, just not as bad.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Wow, the size of the Sinnoh map so far. I noticed a lot of trees are missing the tiles at the edges down by the bottom right corner.
    Your new version of the lab from Sinnoh is really cool (I like the roof work on the side part lol).

I'm still a mark for your Hoenn map over Sinnoh- I still think you picked the best colors there. Again- just thought I would say lol.

Can I ask-
    What is your fav. so far?
    I mean, not favorite region- I mean the tiles you did for the region. I'm sure you must lean towards one more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back