• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyogre Or Groudon?

Which pokemon will win the battle? Groudon or Kyogre?

• Total voters

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Well, I like both, but I like Groudon more. Why? Maybe that's cause I'm better in Ruby, I like red more than blue, and Groudon's lookin' cooler. But Kyogre's looking cool too. *shot* ^^'

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I liike Groudon better but Kyogre could beat groudon and Raquaza. It would use that move that is like fissure but it's an ice attack.

Scizor_Lover

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    Kyogre would destroy Groudon, hydro pump would ko Groudon in one hit. And anyway people keep picking Groudon because 'he looks better', which i disagree with, anyway it is a poll about who would win in a battle.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Dark Venusaur said:
    I like them both equally because:
    Kyroge has drizzle: and teach it Thunder
    Groudon has Drought: and teach it Solarbeam

:t003:Dark Venusaur

But, Kyogre's godly Sp.Attack + Thunder = Pwnsomeness, whereas Groudon's (Comparatively) weak Sp.Attack + Solarbeam = Suckadelicity. Groudon is a born physical fighter, let's not push any wimpy Grass moves on it. xP

That aside, I'm not particularly fond of either. If I had to choose, though, then it would probably be Groudon, because it looks cooler. xD

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
    -Kyogre's trait only helps itself and other Water/Electric pokemon on the the team. You already have Kyogre as a water pokemon, why would you want to overload your team with more of them? You are asking for your whole team to be easily countered by Blissey. Just for the reference, a Blissey with Special Defense can take on Kyogre. Defense EVs are too risky to sacrifice in the uber metagame... Also, Shedinja ****s up Kyogre something awful. Hope you have Spikes, and Skarmory/Cloyster won't last in the uber metagame.

In comparison, Groudon's trait helps itself and any Grass or Fire pokemon you have. If you are afraid of Sunnybeamers, use Rayquaza. Ground, Grass and Fire surely is a more diverse team than EXCESSIVE Water and Electric. Just a side note, Metagross with a Sunny Day up SCREWS stuff in the ***. The common counter for Metagross is either a Water pokemon or Skarmory... Sunny Day lets you release a STAB HP Fire to Skarmory, and Water pokemon can't hit you nearly as hard with Sunny Day up.

-Kyogre only has Calm Mind, Groudon has Swords Dance. Kyogre only hurts when the Rain is out... Rain or Shine, a Swords Danced Groudon Earthquake WILL **** you up.

I love smogon :P

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    If kyogre is faster:
    Kyogre's Drizzle makes rain fall!
    Groudon's Drought makes the sun shine!
    Kyogre used Ice Beam! (52% damage)
    Groudon used Swords Dance!
    Its Attack sharply rose!
    Kyogre used Ice Beam! (48% damage)
    Groudon fainted!

if Kyogre is slower:
    Groudon's Drought makes the sun shine!
    Kyogre's Drizzle makes rain fall!
    Groudon used Swords Dance!
    Its Attack sharply rose!
    Kyogre used Surf/Water Spout/Hydro Pump! (100% damage)
    Groudon fainted!

Therefore, Kyogre>Groudon in direct battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I really don't bother with Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon much, but I would chose Groudon due to my Ground type bias. It does look better, with an actual face Grather then being a big bloated whale with two eyes. The moves he learns are very good for a Grond type (then again, he is a legendary), and while his sp. tk may seem weak in comparison his attack,it's still very strong.

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    i would say groudon beacause if it is faster than a solerbeam 2-3 times. if slower and in rain thunder 2-3 times. and 1 move that is supereffective can't take all the health away in one hit. Quaza the best of all three though seeing as how he stopped the battle and pawnds them.

oh and why does Groudon use the same move each time. Ice beam ain't that strong either and in heat it misses and rain makes it weeker. e4

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    First, I'd like to give a big XD to kohei's "Groudon looks like a lobster-shrimp" comment.

Anyway, I voted for Kyogre and with good reason too.

Kyogre + Drizzle + its S Attack + Water-type attack + STAB + Groudon's weakness to Water = pwned Groudon.

Of course, it's going to have a difficult time in sunlight if it's slower, but even then, Groudon will have a heck of a time trying to take down Kyogre while the latter's blasting it with a STABed Water attack. Maybe boosted with Calm Mind if the user predicts a Swords Dance from Groudon.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    AnDrOmAn said:
    -Kyogre's trait only helps itself and other Water/Electric pokemon on the the team. You already have Kyogre as a water pokemon, why would you want to overload your team with more of them? You are asking for your whole team to be easily countered by Blissey. Just for the reference, a Blissey with Special Defense can take on Kyogre. Defense EVs are too risky to sacrifice in the uber metagame... Also, Shedinja ****s up Kyogre something awful. Hope you have Spikes, and Skarmory/Cloyster won't last in the uber metagame.

In comparison, Groudon's trait helps itself and any Grass or Fire pokemon you have. If you are afraid of Sunnybeamers, use Rayquaza. Ground, Grass and Fire surely is a more diverse team than EXCESSIVE Water and Electric. Just a side note, Metagross with a Sunny Day up SCREWS stuff in the ***. The common counter for Metagross is either a Water pokemon or Skarmory... Sunny Day lets you release a STAB HP Fire to Skarmory, and Water pokemon can't hit you nearly as hard with Sunny Day up.

-Kyogre only has Calm Mind, Groudon has Swords Dance. Kyogre only hurts when the Rain is out... Rain or Shine, a Swords Danced Groudon Earthquake WILL **** you up.

I love smogon

Lol did u copy and paste that straight from smogons groudon guide?...yea Groudon is a better team player than kyogre ..this we know... but as e4 said, kyogre will win 1vs1 against a groudon...
    And btw sub + CM kyogre > blissey.

code zerro the deluge said:
    i would say groudon beacause if it is faster than a solerbeam 2-3 times. if slower and in rain thunder 2-3 times. and 1 move that is supereffective can't take all the health away in one hit. Quaza the best of all three though seeing as how he stopped the battle and pawnds them.

oh and why does Groudon use the same move each time. Ice beam ain't that strong either and in heat it misses and rain makes it weeker. e4

u got it mixed up, the slower one gets the weather preference.
    Anyway groudon using special attacks not named FB makes no sense...An earthquake will do more to kyogre than a solarbeam.
    Ice beam isnt affected by weather...ie it doesnt lose accuracy in the sun {thats thunder} and it doesnt lose power in the rain {thats fire moves}...
    and yea...raq is the worst out of the lot.

Back