• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyogre vs. Groudon

Gentleman J

Going to the Poké Ball also?
    Years
    I heard when the original Sapphire in Japan came out they had to take it back and tweak it because he was too powerful. Personally I like the way it looks.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
    I think Kyogre would win, just because Groudon would be weakend against it...
    Fire/Ground < Water

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    It may depend who's effect activates last. For example, Kyogre comes outand starts Drizzle, and Groudon comes out and starts Drought. Kyogre would have to have Ice beam.

Furea-chan

Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    It's like an even battle,but you know that even though I love Groudon, Kyogre kind of has an advandage, but hey who knows?

JakeDaRappa

~Prof. Jake~
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    Master of all charizards said:
    Ill say kyogre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Water beats ground.
    I agree! The weeknesses and resistences would be in Kyogre's favore.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Kyogre has a great advantage over groudon... but you never know what surprising attacks groudon has in stored under its sleeve. Other than the 'elementally weak' factor, I think they both stand equal chances.

And I'd agree with YoMama.. about the part where whoever was activated last. ^^

enyce

banned
    Years
    If Kyogre is bought out last and surf groudon dies

If Groudon is out last and Solarbeams Kyogre dies

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    Groudon is the best pokemon in game, even though Kyogre looks to be stronger. Groudon can summon strond sunshine, so solarbeam don't need charge time. After all Kyogre is a water type, so weak vs. grass. But however Kyogre can use surf as well, but since Groudon is surrounded by sun, water attacks will do half effect....i'll say groudon is better.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I think Kyogre would win, just because of the type advantage, unless Groudon was higher level, then it might be different

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    They've got their own strengths and counters....Kyogre's Special abilities and HP are higher in proportion to its other stats, and for Groudon Attack, Defense, and Speed tend to be the highest areas. Depending on the order in which you put them, either one could win; put a Groudon out to face a Kyogre, Drought takes effect over Drzzle and it should do a good bit of damage if it doesn't knock it out in one hit, even without Swords Dance or Bulk Up on the first turn under Drought; but put Kyogre out later instead, Groudon's screwed.

Years
    Groudon looks stronger, but I don't know much about it since I have Sapphire:P . Kyogre has some pretty strong attacks of its own.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Real tough decision there. I think they are both cool, but I remember my Kyogre "Chell" being part of my top 6 so I'd have to go with Kyogre.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    Based on types and stats, and all that stuff (XD), they're about equal.

But, being the MAGMA-Fied one, I choose Groudon!

They both look cool too, but Groudon looks just a bit cooler than Kyogre, in my opinion. But that's just me.

Also, if you look at their Shiny versions, Shiny Kyogre turns pinkish. That doesn't fit its type so well. Groudon turns a gold-ish color, which still fits Ground-type fairly well.

Sneas

Burning Blaze.
    Years
    Kyogre would definitely win. It has a major type advantage, so it would most likely decimate Groudon.

Back