• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram Relation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I really doubt N would have let Ghetsis close enough to the dragon to experiment on it... remember that he stopped work on Genosect due to his views. He also proably didn't let it out of it's sites.
Also in a philosophical view which is what Taoism is a philosphy, nothingness (Wuji)is peace hence why people clear their minds of all thoughts to obtain peace and balance. The chinese had a very different view of nothingness than we do today.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Clear minds and peace are brought about by balancing out your thoughts by dispelling negative thoughts to the void. They expel extra Yin or Yang from their mind/body to create a balance within. Meditation is something that has been the same through different religious practices. Void would be everything outside of the body in this instance and you'd expel all your extra crud to create inner peace.

As for N and Ghetsis, N probably wouldn't have known back then. He was completely under Ghetsis' thumb. All Ghetsis would have to do was have his scientists watch and do tests from afar, energy tests to match signatures, all kinds of futuristic stuff that they can apparently do in the games.

And they still had 2 years worth of blind experimenting on Kyurem alone. Keep in mind, Team Rocket was able to alter Eevee's genetic code to be able to do some freaky evolutions. Not to mention the creation of Mewtwo. The evil teams are capable of some amazing scientific achievements.

Years
Uh eevee was in Manga canon...and Mewtwo wasn't created by Team Rocket in games either, the anime added that...
Kyurem moveset and typing also fit into things. Also Kyurem supposed limitless energy is what Zekrom and Reshiram are also said to have, though Victini does too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They are both still a form a canon, one based on the games more so than the other. The point still, the evil teams have amazing technology. I mean...Plasma has a FLYING BOAT. Team Rocket, Teams Aqua and Magma, and Team Galactic had teleporter plates. Plasma made an Item capable of fusing two Pokemon together, not to mention devices that can revive the dead held outside of the evil teams, and healing Machines that cure illness and health in an instant.

They had plenty of time to do all the testing they wanted or needed. Right now the only thing that links Kyurem with Zekrom and Reshiram is the DNA Linking Pin.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Based on the translation I heard, Kyurem could have been created around the time but not from the single dragon. Seeing as its from an oriental base on the creation of Yin and Yang which had one Dragon becoming two Dragons.

The original was as strong as the two combined but when it split its power was divided in half and split between the two. Since it created unova the sudden split could have created a rift to fill the empty space that the other dragon created by splitting. Its a separate being, made to fulfill a role in filling the lost gap. Kinda like how Uncle disciplined Jade for destroying Shendu. By destroying evil and tipping the balance she created a rift that allowed a new evil to take his place.

The power imbalance caused by the Dragon splitting could have summoned/created Kyurem separately. Its not part of it, but made because of it. That's a way to relate them and keeps both original stories in tact.

Shaf

Lonely MadNooB Trainer
Years

Ok now Xander0 has said that a can be used in two ways which i agree with.
But i also agree that Kyurem may not be a part of the Original Dragon.
So its like it links their power or something which turnsZekrom and Reshiram[whatever...]into their stone form and all the power is transported into Kyurem letting it kind of evolve and become Black or White Kyurem..

About The DNA Link Pin ok..
so DNA[ Deoxy Ribonucleic Acid ] [The three Dragons Kyurem and Reshiram and Zekrom may have come from the same outer space planet/meteorite/asteroid.]-#1
[The Yin Yang Pokemon and Kyurem. It makes sense as The Original Dragon was divided by the two brother maybe the Original Dragon is connected to Kyurem.]-#2
My reasoning is that the Original Dragon revived Kyurem from being a space leech to Dragon Pokemon when it was divided . Victini is a power pokemon and it has enough power to make a simple powerless pokemon fired up.
Maybe the division of the Original Dragons Powers Reshiram and Zekrom's battle created a power boost giving rise to a Power nothing other than the evolved Kyurem.

About Wuji[nothing] i would say that when you gain the state of Nirvana your mind is nothing but a nothing[wuji]. Nirvana is a state which Balances both Harmony and Balance giving you a perfect frquency like wuji.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Kyurem + Reshiram + Zekrom = ?

spr5b646.png
+
spr5b643.png
+
spr5b644.png
= ?

I made this thread to see the various interpretions of the Legend of Unova some of us share.

We know that Kyurem can fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom to become White Kyurem or Black Kyurem respectively. But why can't Kyurem fuse with both at once? Were all three Dragons once one Dragon? This should be true seeing as Kyurem can fuse with either Reshiram or Zekrom. If this is false, why can Kyurem fuse with the Dragons? And if they were one original Dragon, what would be its typing? What would be its Bade Stat? Surely it can't surpass Arceus.

Is this all just a myth and not historical fact? Will GameFreak ever reveal this to us? If GameFreak do reveal the whole legend of Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom, will it be in a new game? A Pokemon Grey? Or in a remake in the far future?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Kyushirom! Nah, I think that will be the end of it, otherwise that would mean another trip to Unova and even more into this whole Kyurem debate.. they've taken it as far as it can go IMO.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Kyurem was not part of the Original Dragon. The Dragon specifically split itself into Reshiram and Zekrom, but Kyurem was a by-product of the split. So while Kyurem does represent the remains of the split figuratively, it is not literally the "leftover shell".

Looking at Kyurem's formes, it has become more complete, if you notice that it's shorter appearing wing and broken horn are restored in those formes as parts of Reshiram/Zekrom. And it's tail, which is empty in its normal forme takes the shape of Zekrom's or Reshiram's, meaning it has energy now even though it is technically taking it from the other dragons.

Plus, Kyurem isn't really FUSING with the dragons. It is absorbing their power by turning them back to their stone forms, however N says that he can still hear his dragon inside of Black/White Kyurem, which means their minds had not merged. And the fact that the absorption can be undone and done at will suggests that Kyurem is not the OD itself.

I think the story of the Unova dragons is over. We know about all 3, the story behind them and even the legend of this mysterious Original Dragon. But we don't have to catch this dragon for the story to be completed, because we already know everything about it. Making it catchable won't add anything to the story.

And remember the quote from the movie that Kyurem is the most powerful dragon in Unova? Well, that tells me they aren't planning on revealing this Original Dragon, though I don't think it is required that we see it or can catch it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
i think that the reason why they can't come together is because n and his reshiram were unnaturally formed with the zekrom / reshiram in the games so i think that this formation is an unnatural one not really one that was meant by the pokemon Gods also i think if they could form then it would be way too powerful i mean kyurem-b is already powerful almost as powerful as arceus so i think that it would be to much

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Looking at the quote again:

A pair of linking pins to combine Kyurem and a Pokémon which were said to originally be one.

Based off that wording, Kyurem was part of the original dragon. The phrase "a Pokémon which were said to originally be one" makes no grammatical sense.

Keep in mind though that this is a translation from Japanese.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you read the information as a whole again, Kyurem and "A Pokemon" which were said to originally be one.

This means that Kyurem and EITHER Zekrom OR Reshiram were said to be one. What really messes this entire this up is the word "A" which has a few meanings. If you go with "A" meaning 1 then according to the translation that ONLY Kyurem and Zekrom were said to be one or ONLY Kyurem and Reshiram were said to be one. Which we all know is wrong.

"A Pokemon which were said to be one" actually isn't grammatically incorrect. "A" can mean "one of". Since Pokemon is a Plural Noun, it encompass ALL Pokemon when you say Pokemon, using a phrase "A Pokemon which" means "One of the Pokemon which".

So the Phrase can be read, Kyurem and "One of the Pokemon which were said to originally be one".

You can go with a kindergarden look and say Kyurem and a Pokemon which were said to originally be one. Which is reading it exactly as it is shown, but that creates a discrepancy because "A" is pointing out a singular entity from a grouped entity. So when reading it the basic way, the phrase specifically says One or the other, but not both.

Meaning if you read it like its shown, its specifically saying that Kyurem can fuse with Reshiram, but not Zekrom and is saying Kyurem and Reshiram were once one Dragon, but not Zekrom. Again we know this is false.

"A Pokemon which were originally one" is a reference to Reshiram and Zekrom for the info of the item

It can be read other ways but other ways causes discrepancies with canon information, all pretty much because of "A" Since "a" is forcing a specific from a Group (Pokemon).

Years
Well I view "A" as meaning one. So perhaps it's saying it fuses Kyurem with one of the Pokemon in which it was once a part of without necessary discarding the other dragon.

Years
In my theory reshiram and zekrom were the original being and kyurem's energy leaked when approaching earth (kyurem isnt part of the original dragon but represent one of tao powers -wuji because the people think: wuji is nothing=kyurem. That how they created legend about tao trio which should be double). Ghetsis knows that kyurem has lose his powers so he try to fuse one of the dragons with kyurem (the empty body) to get and create mega boosted zekrom or reshiram, the being that represent stronger ideals or truth. Simple, right?

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Well Kyurem's (Bulbapedia translated) Black & White Pokedex entry says:
"This legendary ice Pokémon waits for a hero to fill in the missing parts of its body with truth or ideals."
So it, at least to means that Kyurem is in connected to the Reshiram and Zekrom. I think that he waits for his own hero to make him complete again.

Back