• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Kyurem vs Kyurem!

Which Kyurem?

• Black Kyurem

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • White Kyurem

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Kyurem vs Kyurem!
    Kyurem vs Kyurem!
    Kyurem vs Kyurem!

We've done Zekrom and Reshiram, but how about their combination with Kyurem? Which of the two do you favor? Is it the cold white knight of frozen flames, or will it be the frigid beserker of chilling thunder? Kyurem has decided on its truth and ideals, now it's time for you to do the same!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Black Kyurem it is for me!! I like his bulky dangerous and he looks more dangerous and vicious than its white counterpart

Years

Is it the cold white knight of frozen flames, or will it be the frigid beserker of chilling thunder?

Firstly, that is a strikingly awesome description of the two. "Frigid berserker of chilling thunder", especially :P

I'm very much torn between the two. Somehow, I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram, whilst preferring White Kyurem to Black Kyurem. It's pretty much entirely based on design, as I absolutely love both of them in battle. Guess that's pretty much it!

Years
    White Kyurem for me. I'd say its fiery entrails are more appealing to me than Black Kyurem's electricity. And it has monster Special Attack, the highest of any non-Mega Evolution or event Pokémon. Before Fairy-types were introduced, it had the most powerful Draco Meteor in the game. That thing was just awesome. I even have a plushie of it that I got at Nintendo World in NYC back in November. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Appearance-wise, it would have to be White Kyurem. Its arms aren't as long as Black, which make it look better. Its colors also seem to compliment each other pretty nicely. :3" In terms of battling, I'd say Black Kyurem, as it hasn't been banned to Ubers.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    ....I can't choose. I like them both equally. They both look cool, and both are good in battle (Black Kyurem would be Ubers too if Game Freak didn't troll Kyurem's physical movepool so hard. Seriously? No Ice Fang?).

Years
    I went with Black Kyurem, mainly due to the fact I liked its design better and Black 2 was also my main version of the two games. I don't mind that it's not an Uber, but it's still a strong battler nonetheless.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Black kyurem seems more looming and threatening to me, and has been more useful to me in my experience. I still hope we one day get Kyurem Grey.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like White Kyurem, mainly because I like Reshiram better than Zekrom. It was also why I got White 2 first.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    I like Black Kyurem more because he looks so awesome. Even though W-Kyurem has better competitive use.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It's a tie breaker, I can't just choose. Both Kyruem have highest offensive stats ever.
    This is countering weakness wise. White Kyruem can drastically deals damage which a whooper with Draco Meteor and have increased power of all special move to date. While black kyruem is a big beast with which ice worse nightmare which just iron headed to submission. Though black kyruem go better with Outrage than Draco Meteor and assort of great physical moves. Black Kyruem needs to struggle alot with highest defense density of steel/rock, while White Kyruem easily kill steel/rock with just earth power or focus blast.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I like Black Kyurem's design better. As for battle prowess, I know White Kyurem is the stronger of the two, but I still prefer Black Kyurem because I play OU much more often than I play Ubers.

Years
    Black Kyurem is one mean looking beast. I love him. White is cool too, but it's just not quite as cool as Kyubey. Plus that sky high attack is frickin awesome as it allows it to nuke some really bulky things (I tend to like physical attackers more too lol).

So yeah Black Kyurem all the way.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm going to have to go with White Kyurem. I don't really care about ability to battle, but White Kyurem just looks less awkward than Black Kyurem.

Back