• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lack of Post Game Activity

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
  • After completing the main story and beating the Elite Four and becoming the Kalos Region Champion, you're really only left with doing the Looker Bureau missions, which, they are fun, and I did love them, there aren't a whole lot and they aren't too time consuming. So, what do we do after that? Challenge our rival every single day, collect a sweet heart, and do some work for the hotel in Lumiose? In previous games we got things like the Bug Catching Contest, the Pokeathlon, the PWT, and other fun things to do to occupy us while we await for our next great Pokemon adventure. So, what about you guys? Are you disappointed in the lack of post game activity? What would you have liked to see? And, how are you passing the time in your X/Y?

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • To be honest, I never got around to finishing the looker missions because I just found them a pain to do. Was there any good reward? I've just been training up other pokemon that I've always wanted to use but never had, and mucking around in battle spot (won 12 lost 40 because im that pro) and other wifi features. But I agree, the endgame was a bit disappointing.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I've been doing shiny hunting/breeding, training new teams, getting new friend safaris, completing pokedex.

you can always battle real life opponents and what not. the 3ds has made that a lot easier, just a bit annoying when all you find is people using Blaziken and legendaries

Years
  • I think the devellopers were really hoping that a vast majority of people would be into breeding (in regards to post game content). I had finished the game in about 40H-50H (yeah...i'm slow) and right now the clock is at 227:32. Of course if breeding is not really in your thing, I would admit there is a lack of things to do after!

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I am disappointed by the lack of post-game. The only important stuff are the Looker Missions and catching the post-game legendaries.

I haven't even started the Looker Missions and the only legendary I have is Xerneas. I've been too busy with shiny hunting. I have 4 beautiful shinies in my disposal and I've just found it so addictive. It'll probably keep me entertained for a long time.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • For people who shiny hunt/breed, or breed for perfect IV's and such, there is stuff to do, yeah. But, I'm not really into that. I accept my Pokemon how it is. I don't have anything wrong with people who do that though because it isn't cheating and with new in game mechanics, it really does promote breeding for things like that. I just wish they had some fun things for us to do as opposed to just assuming that everyone will be on Battle Spot or Wonder Trade all the time.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I had spent my time iv breeding and trading pokemon over Wonder Trade. The lack of post game content was really disappointing. It's part of why I had deleted both save files. I hope the add more content with the next game.

Years
  • I've clocked over 250 hours in the game so far, thanks to GTS aiding shiny hunting and dex completion. Once I get my perfect 'mons from PokeBank, I'll tackle the Battle Maison.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    i just fiddle around in the battle chateau and battle random people online. i will agree, there is so little post game stuff.

you would think that since there on the 3ds now that they could add more stuff to the post game, but even so its still a fun game :)

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Keeping yourself occupied does not equal post-game content, guys. You could breed and shiny hunt and battle in the old games too, that didn't stop them from adding loads of things to do after the Elite Four. Legendary "hunting" is pathetic in X/Y because they only offer you 3, and 2 of them are from old games. Looker missions feel like a sidequest, not something to to actively pursue once the main journey is over.

That said, I'm really hoping they skimped out because they want to release DLC or something. They did it for Fire Emblem, who knows what'll happen here? I don't even care if I have to pay some extra, I'd be happy knowing there's more to do (if those new legendaries are just Wonder Cards without in-game events I'm gonna flip)

This is probably the most empty post-game since FireRed/LeafGreen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Why not try finishing your Pokédex? You won't be able to completely finish it until PokéBank is released, but catch whatever you can now and do the rest later. If you like, you may also go shiny collecting and maybe even start building a team for yourself for competitive play. (:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Keeping yourself occupied does not equal post-game content, guys. You could breed and shiny hunt and battle in the old games too, that didn't stop them from adding loads of things to do after the Elite Four. Legendary "hunting" is pathetic in X/Y because they only offer you 3, and 2 of them are from old games. Looker missions feel like a sidequest, not something to to actively pursue once the main journey is over.

That said, I'm really hoping they skimped out because they want to release DLC or something. They did it for Fire Emblem, who knows what'll happen here? I don't even care if I have to pay some extra, I'd be happy knowing there's more to do (if those new legendaries are just Wonder Cards without in-game events I'm gonna flip)

This is probably the most empty post-game since FireRed/LeafGreen.

No. Ruby and Sapphire had no post game either. Once you beat the Elite 4 all you had was Legendary Hunting. Diamond and Pearl had no post game other than the Battle island which had 3 areas, only one of which had anything on it (the battle tower), and Black and White had three areas to explore, legend hunting and Black City/White Forest.

All in all they've always had about the same amount of after game content. A few areas to explore, Legendary hunting, and some battle facility. That's all there has ever been in the main games with the only exception being Gold and Silver because they were supposed to be sequels that allowed you to go back to Kanto, though there really wasn't much to do as a large amount of people don't consider the game beaten until Red was beaten so after Red, there is nothing to do.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • No. Ruby and Sapphire had no post game either. Once you beat the Elite 4 all you had was Legendary Hunting. Diamond and Pearl had no post game other than the Battle island which had 3 areas, only one of which had anything on it (the battle tower), and Black and White had three areas to explore, legend hunting and Black City/White Forest.
    I'll disagree in the DP front in that it offered a lot of side content to indulge in, and RS were not that bare either. Contests added a fair bit to do and made a point out of berry growing, and had a safari zone too, and secret bases. But yeah, bare and less to do than Emerald, certainly.

But DP had a good deal of side things to do, imo. Pal Park was a bonus, it also had its own contests and coupled berry growing/poffin making, the Underground was hella fun and gets an upgrade in stuff to find after beating the league, it also had a game corner and safari zone, the Pokeradar is a postgame item/feature, as are swarms... on top of the whole island and Battle Tower. DP really had a lot to do in them (and Platinum fixed many of its issues and gave us the Frontier as well).

X&Y are lacking, but it's not quite as bad as BW imo. No dream world, but that means you don't need to go on the PC to play poor flash games for < an hour just to catch Pokemon. The Friend safari is a fine enough substitute imo. The Pokeradar doesn't appeal to everyone, but it does to me. =p I suppose the lack of new places to explore is a noticeable difference though. Probably offset by the number of areas to explore in the game as it is just to get to the E4!

The legendary catching is not too fulfilling given how many we have these days, but oh well.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'll disagree in the DP front in that it offered a lot of side content to indulge in, and RS were not that bare either. Contests added a fair bit to do and made a point out of berry growing, and had a safari zone too, and secret bases. But yeah, bare and less to do than Emerald, certainly.

But DP had a good deal of side things to do, imo. Pal Park was a bonus, it also had its own contests and coupled berry growing/poffin making, the Underground was hella fun and gets an upgrade in stuff to find after beating the league, it also had a game corner and safari zone, the Pokeradar is a postgame item/feature, as are swarms... on top of the whole island and Battle Tower. DP really had a lot to do in them (and Platinum fixed many of its issues and gave us the Frontier as well).

X&Y are lacking, but it's not quite as bad as BW imo. No dream world, but that means you don't need to go on the PC to play poor flash games for < an hour just to catch Pokemon. The Friend safari is a fine enough substitute imo. The Pokeradar doesn't appeal to everyone, but it does to me. =p I suppose the lack of new places to explore is a noticeable difference though. Probably offset by the number of areas to explore in the game as it is just to get to the E4!

The legendary catching is not too fulfilling given how many we have these days, but oh well.

If you want to look at it that way, then X and Y also added Super Training mini games, Pokemon Amie mini games, Friend Safari, Battle Chateau, and Battle Maison, which puts it right there with D/P in terms of things to do, but contests and all the things listed weren't post game content, they were available before the post game and could be completed then as well. D/P offered barely anything post game and Pal Park is useless to those without a correct DS. In terms of things offered after you beat the games, there has never been anything to do added in other than Battle tower for the main games as Frontier doesn't exist in any main set of games, they only appear in the ones after the main set.

They all have roughly the same amount of content within them whether they appeal to players or not, but they all hardly ever add anything after the game is finished. That's just how they have always been.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • I agree there's a disappointing amount of post-game content, but at least they've made IV/EV breeding/training a lot easier now, meaning we can actually focus on our teams and other Pokémon. Even getting shinies is easier now.

I think the post-game for XY has been dedicated to competitors and collectors (shinies, dexers, fashionistas) this time around.

There's still a lot of potential for DLC though, in terms of events or megas. Even new legendaries, although there's so many now they're about as commonplace as Bidoof...
    Looker missions were fun and added a little more to the story. Battle Chateau, Restaurant Le Wow and Hotel Richissime give decent money. Battle Maison and Institute are there if you're into that kinda thing.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • No. Ruby and Sapphire had no post game either. Once you beat the Elite 4 all you had was Legendary Hunting. Diamond and Pearl had no post game other than the Battle island which had 3 areas, only one of which had anything on it (the battle tower), and Black and White had three areas to explore, legend hunting and Black City/White Forest.

All in all they've always had about the same amount of after game content. A few areas to explore, Legendary hunting, and some battle facility. That's all there has ever been in the main games with the only exception being Gold and Silver because they were supposed to be sequels that allowed you to go back to Kanto, though there really wasn't much to do as a large amount of people don't consider the game beaten until Red was beaten so after Red, there is nothing to do.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Most of the time, we do have a limited amount of after game content, except, for HeartGold and SoulSilver. With those games there was loads to do. Bug Catching Contest, Pokeathlon, rechallenging Gym Leaders, Hoenn & Sinnoh sound on top of swarms made completing the PokeDex more fun, Safari Zone, challenging Red, etc. Not to mention, in HG & SS, they made it an actual challenge to get three starters, whereas X & Y just handed them too us. And BW2 had the PWT and several in game Trainers to challenge daily. X and Y has a decent amount of daily events for you to do, but, the majority of them are along the lines of going and talking to an NPC to get this item, or, go here and one of your friends will tell you about something. Those are hardly events.

https://www.serebii.net/xy/dailyevent.shtml every thing you can do daily in the game.

Like I just stated, most of the X and Y daily events are things along the lines of just traveling to a location to talk to an NPC to get an item or just traveling somewhere to get an item. The only real decent daily event is battling Calem/Serena. Why couldn't we have done this with Trevor, Shauna, and Tierno? Instead Trevor just tells you what Pokemon have potential to Mega Evolve, when the large majority of players already know them all, Tierno just asks to see a Pokemon that knows a certain move, and after you've traded with Shauna after the Elite Four, she's virtually useless. And the only two weekly events are a Banette and a Rotom that are found in trash cans.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think bw2's large amount of post game content might have spoiled us. I just hope that they are starting a trend with 3rd instalments with bw2. I would be more than happy to keep shooting pokemon another 40 bus or so each time they do this.
    Think about the future though.
    What we have now is a constant internet connectivity/ EV training mini games/ happiness-friendliness mini game wrapped up at our finger tips anywhere and anytime.
    We got 700+ 3d pokemon models.
    We wasn't even sure we was gonna get customization for clothes, and many ppl doubted but we got that.
    We got a new type.
    We got mega evolution which is not just your typical poke blocks, puffin crap that will change from game to game altering stuff, this is a game changer for several pkmn from now on.
    We got, yet small, 3d character cut scenes.
    Man, with all that going on and dialed in well at that, just wait for the 3rd installation ( if we get one because eli goulding said anything could happen ) I bet to somes surprise and somes reassurance we will get maybe the close to perfect and best pokemon game to date guys

Back