• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ladies: Guy takes you to McDonalds for first date

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    McDonalds is a fine establishment and I for one don't like any implication to the contrary. How dare you all be this way.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Andy, the McDonalds I've been to are ghetto as hell. =(

Only good McDonalds I've seen was nowhere near America lmao

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I do like their parfaits so... Consider my interest piqued.

It would kinda suck going to a fancy restaurant I'm unfamiliar with. Imagine me sweating profusely and trying to read a menu in dim light while also carrying a conversation.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I'd rather go to Subway, tho.

First dates don't need to be fancy. Guys don't need to spent tons of cash on some fancy ass French restaurant just to impress me, or some crap like that.

It's all in the company. :cool:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
    I personally wouldn't want to take a girl to McDonald's as a first date. I usually have enough money to cover a meal from a restaurant that's at least a bit classier than McDonald's (and if I didn't, I'm sure my parents would help me out if I really needed it). I just feel like a first date is an important event, and it should be special, but that's just my personal preference.

However, a McDonald's date could be just fine. After all it's more about who you're with and how you're interacting with them rather than where you are. I might prefer something a bit more "fancy", but that doesn't mean it HAS to be. I'd much rather hang out with someone special at McDonald's than not hang out with them at all because I couldn't/didn't want to take them somewhere else.

Basically, it just depends on the person. If she's cool with it, and wants to spend time with you, that's great! Go for it :D

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    ..I've actually done this before LOL. It was only one time that I did this, but it was with a girl that I was friends with years before I asked her out. But she said she was totally fine with taking her to McDonald as a first date though! :x

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I would definitely not take a girl to McDonalds on a first date. If we were like watching a movie or hanging out at my house and we were hungry then yeah I think it would be alright. If you're a dude, and your ideals of a good first date is taking a lay to McDonalds, then you have no clue what you're doing imo. Take her to Burger King instead! :D

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
    Years
    Well, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for the first few dates. After all, I've never had a boyfriend, so I cannot afford to be overly picky.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I honestly wouldn't care. What sets the tone for me isn't really where you take me out on a date to anyways, since I'd be much too concerned about other things if I'm really that into you to let you take me anywhere in public as a date. Mostly because I'd have to get all dolled up and girly and I'll be more over the moon about how cute and girly I feel with a guy I like dating me and being all dressed up the way I like to be. To be honest; I think a fancier, than fast food, place might actually make things more awkward.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    It suppose it would depend on the exact reason, but if they're a decent person and we're compatible, then I'm probably not going to mind it very much, if at all.

Pinta77

Me and my girl friend met at mcdonalds (cause we both work there) and we constantly go there to eat.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    The only acceptable reason I have with taking any girl to a fast food joint for a first date(or any other highly important dates during a relationship) is because I cannot afford anything better. I would of course explain why I would even consider taking her there because if we hit it off it shouldn't really matter.

Having said that, especially as a first date, I will avoid taking her to such places, some sit down restaurant, IE:Chili's, aren't all that expensive and would be 100x better than MickyD's.

Only exception to no fast food joints is In-N-Out, because they have the best burgers and fries ever =P.

Back