• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lady Gaga ★ The New Rebecca Black?

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
    Lady gaga's a great artist. I went to one of her concerts last year with my girlfriend and we were surrounded by guys with 'I HEART LADY GAY GAY' t-shirts. It was kind of odd. But either way, her concerts are....explosive,lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    News--

Welcome! I like most of the songs except Heavy Metal Lover, Fashion of His Love, Americano, and Born This Way is slowly growing on me. :x

Well, I didn't like Americano until I bought the album and read the lyrics from the CD booklet (Yes, I still buy CDs). They were really well-made. My favorites is "We fell in love, but not in court". It explains that we can't speak ignorance, so that's why I like it. Also, Fashion of His Love isn't the best, but if you listen to it enough, it'll grow on you. It's a nice song.

Years
    LMFAO dfkm bout the title, and I was all ready to rage on the haters too <3

You and I will be a great single, but at first I was kind of disappointed, because I know the Fame Monster and the Fame only got 3-4 singles out, so You and I could have been the last from Born This Way, and lets be honest, there are so many better radio hits on there. But Jordan, thanks for the confirmation. 9 singles? Thats freaking beast Gaga!

My favourites from the album have to be Americano and Judas. Man, I love the hyper rough hispanic party feel to em (could I have added more adjectives?). As my friend calls em, "a crazy drunken mexican gaga parade" (about Americano). Its too bad Judas wasnt given as much attention, probably because of the controversy around it. The video alone is my second favourite Gaga vid (behind the infamous Bad Romance).

Ahaha sorry for rambling, as you can tell I love the lady. Imma take a picture of my Gaga wall, I just put all the posters up, I am in love :D

Omg and last thing, dont even get me started on the Born this Way ball. The Fame Monster ball was one of, if not THE most memorable night of my night. Spent it with my best friend, my mom, and I loved every second, Gaga is so freaking amazing and inspirational when she performs. Gah I love her! dlskfjadslkfjksladfja ;3

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    P-P-P-POKER FACE. P-P-P-POKER FACE. (mum mum mum muh....)

^Dat lyric. One time it stuck on my head for AGES. I still listen to her songs when I'm bored sometimes.

P.S. - what does Lady gaga have to do with Rebecca Black!!?? She's totally talentless... (talking about the latter, OBVIOUSLY.)
    Spoiler:

Years
    What does everybody think of the You and I cover?

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    What does everybody think of the You and I cover?

No offense intended... but that looks like some Indian dude :laugh: But being "abnormal-looking" and unusual is what Lady gaga is about. (that's what I actually like about Gaga, along with her talents)

Years
    By the way, the cover is a picture of Gaga's alter ego, Jo Calderone (anybody remember those hidden pics of Jo she shot in Asia back in 2010? well yea hes back). Maybe she will appear as Jo in the video, but thats just speculation. The image was originally posted on twitter, with the caption: "You will never find what you are looking for in love, if you don't love yourself."

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I like the cover, and the message included on Twitter with it is definitely appropriate. The smoke from the cigarette, to me, represents how if you don't love yourself, you can't see anyone else and you're blocking them off like smoke does.

Years
    Lets start some discussion, what do you think the next 5 singles will be?

As much as I would like it to be: Marry the Night, Americano, Bloody Marry, Bad Kids, Road to Love

It will most likely be: Marry the Night, Bloody Marry, Road to Love, Scheiße, Govenrment Hooker

Am I the only Gaga fan who doesnt quite like Scheiße as much as the next? :$$

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Lets start some discussion, what do you think the next 5 singles will be?

As much as I would like it to be: Marry the Night, Americano, Bloody Marry, Bad Kids, Road to Love

It will most likely be: Marry the Night, Bloody Marry, Road to Love, Scheiße, Govenrment Hooker

Am I the only Gaga fan who doesnt quite like Scheiße as much as the next? :$$

Yes. You are the only one who doesn't. lol

Here are all the singles in order..well, how I'd like them to go.

1. Born This Way
    2. Judas
    3. Edge of Glory
    4. You and I
    5. Sheisse
    6. Marry the Night
    7. Bloody Marry
    8. Government Hooker
    9. Highway Unicorn

Assuming that the statement that there will be 9 singles is true. I think Highway Unicorn would be a great closer.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I'm assuming double posting is allowed if I am updating the thread with news.

Lady Gaga has released You and I's video two days early!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have no opinion on the music video.

Here are all the singles in order..well, how I'd like them to go.

1. Born This Way
    2. Judas
    3. Edge of Glory
    4. You and I
    5. Sheisse
    6. Marry the Night
    7. Bloody Marry
    8. Government Hooker
    9. Highway Unicorn
    Nine singles? Well then, for me I'd have to say:

Born This Way
    Judas
    Edge of Glory
    Yoü & I
    Marry the Night (a must)
    Bloody Mary (a must)
    Scheiße
    Government Hooker
    Hair

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have no opinion on the music video.

Nine singles? Well then, for me I'd have to say:

Born This Way
    Judas
    Edge of Glory
    Yoü & I
    Marry the Night (a must)
    Bloody Mary (a must)
    Scheiße
    Government Hooker
    Hair
    I don't know, the music video was alright. I don't really have much of an opinion on it, other than the fact that it could have been more powerful like the song, rather than a typicalish music video.

I'd have to say:

Born This Way
    Judas
    The Edge of Glory
    Yoü and I
    Government Hooker
    Bloody Mary
    Scheiße
    Americano
    Hair

Years
    I thought the video was brilliant, people just cant understand it, so they see no value or good in it. If you just try and see what Gaga is trying to say and portray, it becomes so much more, really awesome vid.

LuvdiscLady

Sweet as can be~
    Years
    Wow, I love Lady Gaga!

I think that the You and I video was perfect. It was really beautiful and really spoke to me about having to be able to love yourself before you are fully capable of loving someone else. Really nice message overall, and it didn't hurt to see Gaga as the sexy Jo Calderone again.

I've thought for awhile about to order of the singles from Born This Way, and I'm positive that Hair and Marry the Night will eventually become singles. I'm not really sure about the other songs, but I'm hoping Americano and Scheiße become singles too!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I find Jo Calderone to be incredibly attractive in the video.

I'm happy as long as Hair and german Poop are singles tbh

Back