• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lady or Gentleman?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I only went with a female character twice before, on Platinum and Fire Red under the names Catrine and Kyte respectively. Other than that it's always the male character for me.

Flute

Full-time loser
    Years
  • Screw you guys Lyra's cute DDDDD:

I always play as a male character because I am male. In most games (Fable II, etc) I'll choose female because I'm the one that's going to be looking at her the whole game, but in the Pokemon games the little 8-bit to 32-bit characters just aren't attractive. :llll

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The girl. Always the girl because they always seem to have the better design of the two. Even in games where they look horrible, usually somehow the boy is even less appealing to me. Plus it's kinda been my tradition, and I'm not about to go against it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2012
    Girl, cause I am a girl. Girls seem to have better designs, anyway. The exception is LeafGreen, though. I decided to play as a boy AND name him Red, for laughs.

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I've always gone with the guy, being a guy myself. I never saw the appeal in playing a game with the opposite gender to my own. XD

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Used to play with both genders in Gen III, but in Gen IV I've only played with Dawn and Lyra. I kinda don't like playing with the male characters as the female ones are always better in design. And of course, since Dawn was in the show, that's probably one of the reasons. I'd rather not play with Lucas and Ethan since they aren't really likeable.

Most importantly, when I play a game, I play someone's story. I never "self-insert" myself into the role.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I got Soul Silver on Saturday and it is the only time when I've had the option to pick the gender that I've wanted to play as the boy. Mainly cause I'm not keen on Lyra's design + Ethan to me is such a badass lol. I did go with the girl in the end but still, I was very tempted lol.

He has nice legs too, he reminds me of one of my boyfriends: Juju: https://local.twitpicproxy.com/web7...541f2f7d9f8024a69a9e2ce3f.5017d6d0-scaled.jpg Ethan: https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c0/HeartGold_SoulSilver_Ethan.png see the resemblance?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I usually go with male despite me being a female, although in my recent run-through of Diamond I've gone with Dawn.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I always pick the gentleman because I'm a guy in real life.

I always felt awkward playing as the female when I'm a guy, so.

Back