• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lady Prixy's Introduction

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
    Not exactly the most sociable person around, but I'd like to learn more about Pokemon Fangames, often referred to as "hacks" and I'd love to make some of my own, but I have little knowledge in the various programs used for such.

As my name implies, Prixy (Vulpix) is my favorite Pokemon. There's a bit of a story as to how that name arose, but I can't remember where that fangame was found.

I spend a lot of time watching anime, so I'm open to discussion and suggestions for new series' to watch. I prefer shoujo, more specifically shoujo-ai but I do watch a bit of shounen. That's probably the best way to converse with me, for those who want to get to know me.

As you may have realized I tend to use a variety of words, some of which are quite heavy-handed or hard to grasp. I apologize for this, but I doubt that will change anytime soon.

On the matter of "hacking" and my limited knowledge: I've read dozens of tutorials and tried several programs but I can't seem to understand these computing languages. If anyone would be willing to give me direct aid, I would appreciate it. I don't have any projects ongoing at the moment though.

I'm not really sure what else to say so I guess I'll end this post by apologizing once again for my heavy-handed terminology. Oh, and if I make any grammatical mistakes please inform me. Though it's frowned upon, I'm quite proud of my grammar and would rather be corrected for a mistake, even something that was simply overlooked, than to go on believing that my grammar is perfect when it isn't.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
    ~Prixy

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Well, you're not alone; we've been getting loads of people who are into hacks these days, which is cool! Feel free to check out the ROM hacking board anytime, and on the Hacks Showcase section, you can see em' all there. :3 Aw, and Vupix is pretty cool~ A friend of mine likes it too! <33

Aw, and dear, don't worry about grammar - I'd say yours is much better than mine anyways, hehe. Plus, a lot of PC members here don't really mind it at all, so, don't worry about that. Mmm, I've been watching some anime here and there, recently I've gotten into watching Persona 3 the movie, which I'm quite excited for the 2nd release coming out soon! If I may ask, what sorts of specific anime do you like watching, btw? o:

Either way, perhaps you'll like the Anime & Manga board too, which as the name suggests, you can discuss the different anime and manga there too. Mmm, but yeah, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself; it's lovely to meet you, and welcome to PC! If you need any assistance, just contact anyone of the moderators, like myself, or any you see before you!

And cheers! :3

Bliss

Years
    Aw, and dear, don't worry about grammar - I'd say yours is much better than mine anyways, hehe.

Either way, perhaps you'll like the Anime & Manga board too, which as the name suggests, you can discuss the different anime and manga there too.

Mmm, but yeah, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself; it's lovely to meet you, and welcome to PC! If you need any assistance, just contact anyone of the moderators, like myself, or any you see before you!

I realize that most users (from nearly every forum) have little care for grammar and the like, though I strive for perfection in regard to grammar.

I typically won't go out of my way to search for discussion for Anime and Manga. There are 2 main reasons for this: I typically won't read manga as I don't care to click past each page; and I find that most of the people I meet online do not watch the same types of anime that I do. Specifically speaking, I prefer Yuri, Slice of Life, School life, Romantic Comedy, and very rarely Martial Arts. My favorite series of all time are Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Naruto, Yuru Yuri, K-ON!!, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama. I realize that Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha and Naruto do not fall unto Shoujo, let alone Shoujo-Ai in the slightest, but they are all close to my heart for a multitude of reasons. I've struggle to learn Japanese for many years and I doubt I will ever speak it well enough to get by in day to day speech, but I prefer watching anime in Japanese with English Subtitles. The only except to this is Pokemon, which I cannot find the entire series subtitled.

The only assistance I really require at this time is a more personal tutorial for the various tools that can be used to create fan games. Though I wouldn't bother the moderators about that when a search of the forums could bring faster results, and save the moderators some time that would otherwise be wasted.

Thank you for the warm welcome and hastened response, I will enjoy my time here immensely.

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker
    Years
    Hello Prixy. ROM hacks are really fun. It lets you create your own world and even lets you put your own characters and other things in the game. I am both a ROM hacker and lover. Visit the ROM hacking forums to know more. And if you need any help just send me a VM or PM and i will there to help you out. I am glad to talk to you and hope this wasnt boring for you to read. I greet you with all the LOVE in my heart..........

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
    Hello Prixy. ROM hacks are really fun. It lets you create your own world and even lets you put your own characters and other things in the game. I am both a ROM hacker and lover. Visit the ROM hacking forums to know more. And if you need any help just send me a VM or PM and i will there to help you out. I am glad to talk to you and hope this wasnt boring for you to read. I greet you with all the LOVE in my heart..........

I've started several ROMs myself, but I never really finished for one reason or another. At the moment, I'm considering 2 different stories to work with in my next attempt, but A-Map is giving me more trouble than usual.

I found MEH here on PC and I'm eager to use it, though it seems like I don't know what I'm doing, as many features that should exist do not work, or don't work properly (Yes, I already have the latest version)

I might resume Pokemon Agate that I was working on for a while, but I was considering starting over with a new story instead.

As far as my experience and abilities go:
    ~I can use Advanced Map (when it isn't bugging out on me)
    ~I CANNOT edit or create sprites
    ~I tend to focus too heavily on story, and the rest of the game experience suffers as a result
    ~I have very little scripting knowledge, and tutorials only seem to confuse me more
    ~I cannot edit Hex properly
    ~And possibly the most important factor: I get bored easily...

These hindrances disallow the use of Fakemon, Region Editing, and Move Editing (without using Tools) and without such, my creations are rarely of interest to any who have been around even half as long as I have in the Romulation communities.

I haven't really taken any time to learn the more elaborate functions of the forum yet, or the acronyms used here. I will likely send you a PM when I have something more specific to ask and if you cannot answer then please tell me which forum to post my query in.

What is a VM? That one, I have yet to learn.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to reply,
    ~Prixy

Red John

Years
    I've started several ROMs myself, but I never really finished for one reason or another. At the moment, I'm considering 2 different stories to work with in my next attempt, but A-Map is giving me more trouble than usual.

I found MEH here on PC and I'm eager to use it, though it seems like I don't know what I'm doing, as many features that should exist do not work, or don't work properly (Yes, I already have the latest version)

I might resume Pokemon Agate that I was working on for a while, but I was considering starting over with a new story instead.

As far as my experience and abilities go:
    ~I can use Advanced Map (when it isn't bugging out on me)
    ~I CANNOT edit or create sprites
    ~I tend to focus too heavily on story, and the rest of the game experience suffers as a result
    ~I have very little scripting knowledge, and tutorials only seem to confuse me more
    ~I cannot edit Hex properly
    ~And possibly the most important factor: I get bored easily...

These hindrances disallow the use of Fakemon, Region Editing, and Move Editing (without using Tools) and without such, my creations are rarely of interest to any who have been around even half as long as I have in the Romulation communities.

I haven't really taken any time to learn the more elaborate functions of the forum yet, or the acronyms used here. I will likely send you a PM when I have something more specific to ask and if you cannot answer then please tell me which forum to post my query in.

What is a VM? That one, I have yet to learn.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to reply,
    ~Prixy
    No rom hack is perfect without team. You should look for other members who would love to join your hack project. I am basically a scripter, and i hate A-Map and can not seem to use UnLz properly. So, you would need team members to help you out.

-------------------------------------GOOD LUCK-------------------------------------

Bliss

Years
    No rom hack is perfect without team. You should look for other members who would love to join your hack project. I am basically a scripter, and i hate A-Map and can not seem to use UnLz properly. So, you would need team members to help you out.

I would love to find a replacement for A-Map but MEH is still in Alpha, it seems. I like the idea of working with a group of like minded individuals, but I haven't had much luck in terms of teamwork in the past. I'm worried that I will ruin the project, not to mention the experience as a whole for other developers.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I'm not very sociable in general. I've been trying to force myself to break out of my anti-social behavior for the last couple of years, but it's a losing battle.

Also, I doubt I would be of any significant use on a team, except as a storyboard writer, at best. As such, I doubt any teams would be happy to have someone like me.. at least until I gain experience and bearing in one or more areas of ROM hacking.

Ah, a VM stands for a Visitor Message - it's the messages that you can post within a profile. :3

I see. Thank you for explaining that.

EDIT: Odd, my signature is missing from my first 2 posts in this thread ever since I updated it. Yet it appears fine on the rest of my posts here. Is this a common occurrence?

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    EDIT: Odd, my signature is missing from my first 2 posts in this thread ever since I updated it. Yet it appears fine on the rest of my posts here. Is this a common occurrence?

Yup! It's normal. Unless you edit your post and check the 'show your signature' box, your signature wouldn't show up on posts you've had when you didn't actually have one~

Red John

Years
    I would love to find a replacement for A-Map but MEH is still in Alpha, it seems. I like the idea of working with a group of like minded individuals, but I haven't had much luck in terms of teamwork in the past. I'm worried that I will ruin the project, not to mention the experience as a whole for other developers.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I'm not very sociable in general. I've been trying to force myself to break out of my anti-social behavior for the last couple of years, but it's a losing battle.

Also, I doubt I would be of any significant use on a team, except as a storyboard writer, at best. As such, I doubt any teams would be happy to have someone like me.. at least until I gain experience and bearing in one or more areas of ROM hacking.

I see. Thank you for explaining that.

Aww dont you worry!! I know someone who can take you in his ROM hacking project, so you might get some experience, but we better not start a thread of ROM hack here. And have faith in you. You can become a good mapper.

Bliss

Years
    Yup! It's normal. Unless you edit your post and check the 'show your signature' box, your signature wouldn't show up on posts you've had when you didn't actually have one~

Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

Aww dont you worry!! I know someone who can take you in his ROM hacking project, so you might get some experience, but we better not start a thread of ROM hack here. And have faith in you. You can become a good mapper.

I don't believe I could be a mapper at all. I'd much rather attempt to learn more about scripting, though it would be slow going.

For now, I will continue my solo efforts in the hopes that I learn more along the way. Though the tutorials often confuse me, I do find myself learning bits and pieces by following the step by step guides.

Thank you again for taking time to reply,
    ~Prixy

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Hi, I'm new as well and have played one interesting "hack" game, which is the Pokemon Zeta and Omnicron games. I've also watched a variety of Anime and would recommend trying The Kawaii Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior, and My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, both are School RomComs and if those don't suit your taste I know of a few others that aren't bad. Unfortunately, I haven't really tried reading, or watching, any shoujo-ai so I can't give any recommendations there.

Red John

Years
    Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

I don't believe I could be a mapper at all. I'd much rather attempt to learn more about scripting, though it would be slow going.

For now, I will continue my solo efforts in the hopes that I learn more along the way. Though the tutorials often confuse me, I do find myself learning bits and pieces by following the step by step guides.

Thank you again for taking time to reply,
    ~Prixy
    If you want to learn scripting then feel free to ask any questions!! I am a scripter for a long time. At first i thought it was the most hard task, but it isnt much. You will get used to it. Just download the scripting tool(i like XSE) and play around with it. Have fun!!!

Bliss

Years
    I've also watched a variety of Anime and would recommend trying The Kawaii Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior, and My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, both are School RomComs and if those don't suit your taste I know of a few others that aren't bad.

I've added these to my watch list, and will definitely have a look. Thank you for the suggestions. I'm not familiar with the term RomComs, would you care to elaborate?

I am a scripter for a long time. At first i thought it was the most hard task, but it isnt much. You will get used to it. Just download the scripting tool(i like XSE) and play around with it. Have fun!!!

I've tried my hand at scripting a few times, and it usually ends with me having a headache and nothing getting done. There are a few specific things that confuse me, but I'll send you a PM instead of getting into that discussion here.

Thank you both for your replies and have a nice day,
    ~Prixy

Hao

The Spirit King
    Years
    Welcome Lady Prixy~ You remind me of a friend of mine! Probably because how you type/speak xD But yes, welcome to the PokeCommunity! I am your resident god Hao! I hope you enjoy your time here. :3

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    Its one of the best place to discuss about Pokemon hacking and completing your Pokedex, battling making hack etc etc. don't be shy to give me friend request! posting very good can also reward you a very good gift. The super Moderator will choose who post very good and can make them Moderator. Please read the rules of Pokecommunity (or PC in short) and all the rules of the forum written by the Moderator of the sub forum. A Super moderator can handle all forum. There is forum for everything so just visit any forum you want and make a thread about it or post in a thread. You can customize your signature,profile picture,avatar etc etc in Your user control panel. So you should check all the forum and you can also publish your own hack. By going to the Emulation and ROM Hacking forum and you need to spend 3 months here for team discussion in team discussion you can invite people to join in your project of your hack. But you need to fill the thread requirements. Like you need to give at least 4 or 6 screen shots but not Pokemon base stat, Pokemon Moveset. you also need to write the features and story above the screen shots. And same with Hack publishing but you doesn't need to spend 3 months to publish a hack to public. You need to write features, credit,story etc etc and do the thread requirements. If your thread is perfect so Dr.Fuji (The moderator of Emulation % ROM Hacking forum ) will choose this thread to publish and if it doesn't open in 24 -26 hour you should PM The moderators. And don't forget to read the rules of every forum !

Now here are some forum you can visit

The Welcome Louge

GEN IV Sub Forum

GEN III Sub Forum

Pokemon Anime Sub Forum

Bliss

Years
    Welcome Lady Prixy~ You remind me of a friend of mine! Probably because how you type/speak xD But yes, welcome to the PokeCommunity! I am your resident god Hao! I hope you enjoy your time here. :3

Lol thank you.

Even in the short time I've been here my mannerisms have been changing bit by bit to accommodate the environment.

The community has been quite amicable and has given me a warm welcome. I believe I will enjoy my time here immensely.

To all whom it may concern: I've resumed development of my current hack: Pokemon Agate (Ran a search to see if it was taken and it wasn't, though I'll have to hurry as it seems a team has their sights on this title)
    So far, not much to say about it. It's practically a blank slate. I have a lot to learn before this hack makes it's debut in the Hack Showcase.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day,
    ~Prixy

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
    Lol thank you.

Even in the short time I've been here my mannerisms have been changing bit by bit to accommodate the environment.

The community has been quite amicable and has given me a warm welcome. I believe I will enjoy my time here immensely.

To all whom it may concern: I've resumed development of my current hack: Pokemon Agate (Ran a search to see if it was taken and it wasn't, though I'll have to hurry as it seems a team has their sights on this title)
    So far, not much to say about it. It's practically a blank slate. I have a lot to learn before this hack makes it's debut in the Hack Showcase.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day,
    ~Prixy

Yes, I'm similar to you. I used to type using big words but then my friends got annoyed and I learned how to change. Also, all of the hacking tools give me a head ache too. I'm also too lazy to take the time to learn but I might. Well, good luck on your hack!

Vulpix has been growing on me more and more as time goes on. That's not to say I didn't like it before but it's easily climbing to my top favorites.. way too many good fanart. <3 Though I'll always wish the shiny version was either pink or white lol. Or maybe a little more golden rather than the current yellow. Welcome to PC, Prixy!

And a friend really loved Kaichou wa Maid-sama so I was considering picking that up years ago but it never happened. :( Since you love it as much as you do I might go back and actually watch through the episodes. Right now I've Mekakucity Actors on my list but will need a few more to indulge in once that one's complete. Be sure to explore the Anime & Manga board as I'm sure you'd fit awesomely there!

Wish I could help you out with your hacking journey but my knowledge is slim to none, haha. It's understandable that you'd be confused and I've been in that same spot for other things more times than I can count. Good luck! Surely you'll find people who would be able to help you along the way here.

Enjoy your time on PC and hopefully we'll be seeing you around often as you seem like a wonderful person.

Bliss

Years
    Welcome to PC, Prixy!

And a friend really loved Kaichou wa Maid-sama so I was considering picking that up years ago but it never happened. :( Since you love it as much as you do I might go back and actually watch through the episodes.

Wish I could help you out with your hacking journey but my knowledge is slim to none, haha.

Enjoy your time on PC and hopefully we'll be seeing you around often as you seem like a wonderful person.
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've got a full plate, so to speak, in terms of anime at the moment. A good friend of mine just suggested Kokoro Connect to me, and from the preview I saw, it looks like a good one.

I've still got over 20 series on my watch list that I keep forgetting to check when I finish a series lol. Kaichou wa Maid-sama is definitely one of my favorites, but it still pales in comparison to Ranma 1/2, in my honest opinion. Heck, everything pales in comparison to Ranma 1/2 in my opinion. x3

As for the hacking bit, I still haven't decided if I'm going to go through with it. Making steady progress, but I still have quite a few things to consider before I actually start scripting out the story, and that's assuming I don't mess everything up a few dozen times!

As the aforementioned, I've received a very warm welcome here on PC and am happy to be here.

Thank you again, and have a nice day!
    ~Prixy

Back