• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lamest thing on earth

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
  • I had a though. Maybe Ash's Pikachu is really really self-centered, and it doesn't want to change it's cutesy image, so it won't evolve with the thunder stone, even if Ash wants Pikachu to. After all, all Pokemon should listen to their masters, especially if they have a good relationship, like Pika and Ash.

NeverAgain

Real men wear makeup.
    Years
  • Anything can become mundane after a few years or so. I'm sure the creators and animators in Japan would love to do something different with Pokemon, but why change a good thing? Pokemon is still doing pretty well in Japan. I agree with you that the show does need some revitalizing, but if you dislike Team Rocket and it bothers you that Ash doesn't evolve his Pokemon.. then why are you watching Pokemon in the first place? The storyline has always been the same, just over the years instead of building upon it, the creators have chosen to recycle what worked in the past.

Every Saturday morning I watch Pokemon and hope that the episode that airs will be my next favorite. Usually it's not. But that doesn't make me dislike Pokemon. I know what made me like Pokemon in the beginning, and I'm just hoping to see more of that in the episodes to come.

Years
  • *cheers wildly* I whole-heartedly agree with you, NeverAgain. For all of those who don't like certain qualities with the show, then why watch it just to see more disapointment? Quit complaining about things you know that won't change anytime soon and move on!

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Professor Oak said:
    How about the lack of obedience of Jame's Pokemon. First VictoryBell and now Cacnea. I will post more when it comes to mind.
    The hell are you talking about? Sabonea DOES obey him. It simply jumps at him to hug Kojirou. How in the world is that disobeying?

marillmonster2000 said:
    Bulbasaur Freakin Knew Solar Beam!(bulbasaur learns solar beam at level 45 if im not mistaken. and bulbasaur evolves into ivysaur at level 16 and venasaur at level 36)
    And He's Had Squirtle Just As Long As Bulbasaur.

Bayleaf Is Most Likely At Least Level 45.

Cyndaqil And Totodile Never Even Got To Their Second Stages. I Mean, If You Play Pokemon Silver/Gold When You Get To The Pokemon Leauge Youre Pokemon Are Usually At Least Level 50.

Or Mabey Satoshi Just Kept Pressing The B Button.
    Numeral levels don't exist in the anime, genius. Pok?mon don't need to be at a specific state to learn most moves. e_e; This is a more realistic world, not a game world.

Seriously, alot of people make arguments about the show sucking mainly because of lack of evolutions. You people are too **** into the games. --; Newsflash, the anime world doesn't follow the game world. Just because a Pok?mon is not evolved doesn't make it bad. What's the point in forcing something to change its shape just because you expect it to have more power? Could be just possible that the Pok?mon are fine with the way they are? I'd hate to think about how things would occur if Pok?mon were real. Imagine the amount of reports of attacks and missing Pok?mon/people due to impatient and fickle b.astards wanting Pok?mon to evolve just because they have a power lust. Remember, even like the games, STRATEGY is the key to battles. Not sheer power. Otherwise, stuff like Hyper Beam, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and such would be overused. ;)

Liz

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2005
    chaosispower22 said:
    The TV show is really bad. First of all, Ash never uses his lv. 100 or so Pikachu, and he never evolves his Pokemon. Secondly, this whole Team Rocket gimmick was good in the Kanto/Orange Islands seasons but now it's just getting really old. Why don't they give up already and let Team Aqua/Magma have some fun?

I'll add one more question: "Why don't I just stop watching the TV show?"
    Yeah, very intelligent remark of mine *coughs* but isn't it the best for you?
    I know a forum exists to discuss things, but I'm not very sure if you would change your mind about the show, even we had good counter-arguments, isn't it so?
    Usually, when I don't like a TV show any more, I just stop watching it.
    You see, we had so many threads about this - not only in this forum, but that's not the point. What will it change to count all the lacks of an anime?
    Just imagine, one of the Japanese producers would read your post - He'd probably think, "Oh no! Those people don't like Team Rocket any more! I'm gonna kick it out of the show and replace it with Team Magma/Aqua!" Erm..serious.. situation, isn't it?

Also, the dubbers change the conversations to childish sounding dialogues, the voices aren't so good either (in my opinion).. So you probably wouldn't believe it, but there's a big difference between the original version of the anime and the dubbed version.

About Pikachu's "level" (that doesn't really exist in the anime, as many of the others already said) and Team Rocket, well, it's your opinion. We read it, accept it, and - well.. If I were you I wouldn't watch a show that I don't like any longer ;)

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Is this topic really necessary? All it is is a flame of the show and arguements against it. :\Spam, really. This topic needs to be reported.

*reports*

Luvdisc_old

vs Cleffa
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    Is this topic really necessary? All it is is a flame of the show and arguements against it. :\Spam, really. This topic needs to be reported.

*reports*

Way to ruin the fun, skirty-man. Team Rocket should lay out the brutality and just go berserk. Then Ash should come up with a witty adult insult about Team Rocket each episode, and kill them. If you're going to take up so much of the show... make it good... and maybe a little confusin. ;)

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • chaosispower22 said:
    The TV show is really bad.
    I agree.

chaosispower22 said:
    First of all, Ash never uses his lv. 100 or so Pikachu,
    Even if they had levels in the show, it's still a Pikachu, and besides; if Ash gets a lv. 100 Pokemon, everyone else would have lv. 100 too.

chaosispower22 said:
    he never evolves his Pokemon.
    It's not that he doesn't...it's more of, that he can't. Because he's a bad trainer. Yeah.

chaosispower22 said:
    Secondly, this whole Team Rocket gimmick was good in the Kanto/Orange Islands seasons but now it's just getting really old.
    ...really? :cross-eye

chaosispower22 said:
    Why don't they give up already and let Team Aqua/Magma have some fun?
    Because Giovanni would beat the crap out of Maxie and Archie.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • Okay I just skipped to the last page, anyway, from what I gather, we are talking about the Pokemon TV show.

My opinion of it is it makes Pokemon look alot childish than it is - It has to be appealing to all different people, so, the best way to get to kids is through the TV, as us - Older people, will be playing it on Game Boys, etc..

Also, some of the systems in the game are made for older people, such as the EV system, IV's, breeding the correct moves onto pokemon, etc..

The TV Show is just aimed at kids, so they buy the toys and books and cards..

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    Is this topic really necessary? All it is is a flame of the show and arguements against it. :\Spam, really. This topic needs to be reported.

*reports*

'Cause stupid people have to whine and get their lame arguments heard. I mean, if the show sucks so bad, JUST STOP WATCHING IT and spare us.

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • Arigeitsu159 said:
    Suggestion: Don't watch the show.
    I don't. Anymore, that is. I did when I was younger, for most of the seasons, then it got repeatative and boring. 4Kids sucks.

Arigeitsu159 said:
    How do you figure?
    He never evolves his Pokemon, and when he does, he lets them go or gives them away for stupid reasons (Charizard to train, Butterfree to mate and then die afterwards, Squirtle to firefight, etc.). And, he claims to love his Pokemon so much, yet he never uses his old Pokemon in the new seasons; what kind of hypocrite does that?

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Sean Fury said:
    I don't. Anymore, that is. I did when I was younger, for most of the seasons, then it got repeatative and boring. 4Kids sucks.

Well, if the show is repetitive, you can blame the Japanese writers for it since we get an almost direct duplicate of their episodes. If anything, 4Kids seems like everyone's scapegoat when it comes to this subject when some blame needs to go to your beloved Japanese episodes as well.

Sean Fury said:
    He never evolves his Pokemon, and when he does, he lets them go or gives them away for stupid reasons (Charizard to train, Butterfree to mate and then die afterwards, Squirtle to firefight, etc.). And, he claims to love his Pokemon so much, yet he never uses his old Pokemon in the new seasons; what kind of hypocrite does that?

I find this reasoning of Ash being a terrible trainer very amusing. I mean, come on, think about what you just posted here. If anything, that makes him a great trainer because the guy obviously has compassion for his Pokemon and treats them as equals. By your thinking, you'd think they were merely a means to his ends which Ash does not convey at all in his character.
    As for not using his old Pokemon, okay, he distinctly says in the final episodes of Johto that he wants his journey in the Hoenn League to be like it was when he first started his Pokemon journey. Obviously he wanted to challenge himself at a higher level. On a technical level, the show probably wanted to focus more on the new Pokemon since it spent the previous years focusing on the original 151 plus 99 more from the Johto region.

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
  • Arigeitsu159 said:
    If anything, that makes him a great trainer because the guy obviously has compassion for his Pokemon and treats them as equals.
    Yes, because forcing small creatures to fight for you in violent duels is very much the same as what he does everyday. :paranoid:

Arigeitsu159 said:
    By your thinking, you'd think they were merely a means to his ends which Ash does not convey at all in his character.
    If Ash was such a "good" trainer, he would of kept Charizard to train himself. He raised it from a Charmander, and then gave it away to some random chick to watch over while it trains itself. Good job Ash; strike 1. As for the Butterfree incident, let me get something clear through your head: after Butterfrees mate, they DIE. That's great compassion; first he tries to trade it, then he sends it to it's death: strike 2. Squirtle, on the otherhand, he has go do a firefighting job. Okay, let's get one thing straight her, the Squirtle Squad consisted of 5 Squirtles, missing one isn't going to do much. And as for the Pidgeot issue; it's part of the life-cycle that the Pidgeys and Pidgeottos got picked on and were being forced from their territory, and if they couldn't deal with it, then maybe they shouldn't of been there in the first place. Pidgeot may have been powerful and all, but it had no place being left with all those other Pokemon, especially after how long Ash had it for. Ridiculous; strike 3. I could go on, but I think I'll save some for your ill-fated and obnoxious reply.

Arigeitsu159 said:
    As for not using his old Pokemon, okay, he distinctly says in the final episodes of Johto that he wants his journey in the Hoenn League to be like it was when he first started his Pokemon journey. Obviously he wanted to challenge himself at a higher level.
    He wanted to challenge himself...so he ditched his old Pokemon, for their new counterparts. Very compassionate. We don't even see the old Pokemon with Oak anymore like we did during the begining of Johto.

Arigeitsu159 said:
    On a technical level, the show probably wanted to focus more on the new Pokemon since it spent the previous years focusing on the original 151 plus 99 more from the Johto region.
    Tcha...you know what? Uh-uh. Other than the fact that Johto added 100 more Pokemon, we're not talking about the show's ideas, we're talking about why Ash sucks as trainer, not about how the show wanted to focus on something.

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Sean Fury said:
    Yes, because forcing small creatures to fight for you in violent duels is very much the same as what he does everyday. :paranoid:

Yes, he battles other Pokemon & trainers everyday, but that's the whole concept behind the idea. Just because he battles with Pokemon, as one is suppose to do, doesn't make him a less compassionate trainer.

Sean Fury said:
    If Ash was such a "good" trainer, he would of kept Charizard to train himself. He raised it from a Charmander, and then gave it away to some random chick to watch over while it trains itself. Good job Ash; strike 1. As for the Butterfree incident, let me get something clear through your head: after Butterfrees mate, they DIE. That's great compassion; first he tries to trade it, then he sends it to it's death: strike 2. Squirtle, on the otherhand, he has go do a firefighting job. Okay, let's get one thing straight her, the Squirtle Squad consisted of 5 Squirtles, missing one isn't going to do much. And as for the Pidgeot issue; it's part of the life-cycle that the Pidgeys and Pidgeottos got picked on and were being forced from their territory, and if they couldn't deal with it, then maybe they shouldn't of been there in the first place. Pidgeot may have been powerful and all, but it had no place being left with all those other Pokemon, especially after how long Ash had it for. Ridiculous; strike 3. I could go on, but I think I'll save some for your ill-fated and obnoxious reply.

I must say, this has to be the lamest and most stupid conclusion on Ash as a Pokemon trainer. You make it seem like Pokemon are conveyed as dim-witted animals. In case you haven't picked up on it yet, Pokemon have been portrayed as very intellectual creatures with free-will. If you call Ash a horrible trainer for giving them a choice to become more fulfilled in life, you obviously weren't watching the show close enough. If the Pokemon didn't want to go, they would have stayed with Ash. You make it seem Ash gave them no choice in the matter. If they wanted to stay with Ash, I'm pretty sure they would have made it clear to him. *reads your response again and laughs* Man, you seriously need to read what you just said 'cause it's all a joke. Charizard obviously wanted to become stronger whether training with Ash or not. I have no doubt that Charizard valued Ash, but he wouldn't have waste his time sitting in water all night just to prove he can train with Charla and her band of Charizard. Besides, Charizard is still Ash's Pokemon even if he doesn't train with him on a daily basis. He came back to help Ash during the Silver Conference, so Charizard obviously stills consider Ash his one and true trainer. Butterfree... well, I'm a bit amazed to learn that they die after they mate. I have no idea where you picked up at that info, but it doesn't really matter, because Butterfree *wanted* to go. It's part of their life cycle and if it passes, then so be it, but Butterfree willingly and was driven by true love to leave. Ash didn't force him to go. I could sit here and disspell all your claims of Ash being a bad trainer because he allows his Pokemon to grow in other ways... but I grow weary of continuing on.

Sean Fury said:
    He wanted to challenge himself...so he ditched his old Pokemon, for their new counterparts. Very compassionate. We don't even see the old Pokemon with Oak anymore like we did during the begining of Johto. Tcha...you know what? Uh-uh. Other than the fact that Johto added 100 more Pokemon, we're not talking about the show's ideas, we're talking about why Ash sucks as trainer, not about how the show wanted to focus on something.

Actually brainiac, we are talking about show ideas because without it, we don't get what we have to work with. Just as the show has portrayed Ash as sensitive Pokemon trainer, the show has also showed us that it's focus is on the new region Pokemon. We only know the rationale of Ash (and the show itself) based on what the writers reveal to us about him. Just because they don't actually write and animate scenes of Ash mentioning or having any contact with his older Pokemon is not sufficient grounds to say he doesn't care about them anymore. And even if we weren't bringing up that point, you honestly believe that Ash doesn't care a lick about his old Pokemon? By your definition, Ash is a horrible trainer because he doesn't rotate and use all his Pokemon. The dude is constantly on the road and it's unfeasable for him to switch out everytime. Yeah, Ash is such a lousy trainer... especially with a crummy Bayleef that took out a Houndour, a lousy Totodile that defeated a fully evolved Kingdra, and sorry Pikachu that finished off a Dragonite. Yeah, Ash is a horrible trainer.

I just have one question... if you have such a problem with the characters and show as a whole, why even waste your time posting here? We've heard the same song and dance from plenty of people like yourself, so if the show sucks so bad, why waste your time posting at a forum dedicated to something you loathe?

Last edited:

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Gym Leaders have different levelled Pok?mon, I mean if you've trained all the way from Kanto the Hoenn leaders will have strong ones, but if you're a newbie in the Hoenn region, they'll have low levelled ones

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • Sean Fury said:

He wanted to challenge himself...so he ditched his old Pokemon, for their new counterparts. Very compassionate. We don't even see the old Pokemon with Oak anymore like we did during the begining of Johto.

Tcha...you know what? Uh-uh. Other than the fact that Johto added 100 more Pokemon, we're not talking about the show's ideas, we're talking about why Ash sucks as trainer, not about how the show wanted to focus on something.

Others have said it, and now its my turn. If ya don't like the show, don't post in the show's forum. Duh, how much more simple can it be? You obviously don't like getting flamed, 'cause you're all defensive, trying to counter what people are saying? and yet you still bash the series? Hello! Pro-Pok?mon forum + Pok?mon bashing of any sort = flaming. Or has the heat fried what's left of your brain? Geez? learn where your opinions don't belong?

Logmon1

The one of many...
    Years
  • Just because he battles with Pokemon, as one is suppose to do, doesn't make him a less compassionate trainer.

Acully you don't have to make them battle. You can do whatever you want with them.

Seriously, alot of people make arguments about the show sucking mainly because of lack of evolutions. You people are too **** into the games. --; Newsflash, the anime world doesn't follow the game world. Just because a Pok?mon is not evolved doesn't make it bad. What's the point in forcing something to change its shape just because you expect it to have more power? Could be just possible that the Pok?mon are fine with the way they are? I'd hate to think about how things would occur if Pok?mon were real. Imagine the amount of reports of attacks and missing Pok?mon/people due to impatient and fickle b.astards wanting Pok?mon to evolve just because they have a power lust. Remember, even like the games, STRATEGY is the key to battles. Not sheer power. Otherwise, stuff like Hyper Beam, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and such would be overused.

Wow for once I acully agre with you Elite Trainer Raven. In my game I have a lv. 100 wimpul that beat the E4 all by itself. And my lv. 88 Groundon couldint.

Back