• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lance vs. Drake

Drake vs. Lance who would win?

• Lance

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Drake

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    OK, hope you guys don't mind here, but I am going to go in to great detail.
    ---
    Lance [from HG/SS]
    Lance vs. Drake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Claw
    - Rest
    Salamence has a decent moveset, but Rest seems like a waste of move. Flamethrower and Dragon Claw are good moves, but due to Dragon v. Dragon, Flamethrower won't do much if they were to have a battle. Shadow Claw isn't that great of a move either.

Lance vs. Drake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang
    - Thunder Wave
    Dragon Dance is a wise move, however Waterfall is not. Surf would be a better choice. Thunder Wave is a decent choice too. Ice Fang is the main idea for Gyarados, though. If they were to have a battle Ice Fang would have a great impact. [Why isn't he Dragon type?]

Lance vs. Drake
    - Flamethrower
    - Hyper Beam
    - Dragon Claw
    - Air Slash
    Once again, another non-Dragon type owned by a Dragon trainer. Flamethrower would be useless against Drake's Pokemon. Hyper Beam is a fake move that does no damage. Air Slash would also be a decent move. Dragon Claw is the idea for Charizard - he could possibly sweep Drake's team.

Lance vs. Drake
    - Outrage
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    Wow, Lance. Could you have picked a worse moveset? Outrage and Roar are just total wastes of moves. You could have so many better things there. Earthquake is decent, and Swords Dance goes well too, but Dragon types are usually Flying, so Earthquake is probably useless.

Lance vs. Drake
    - Double Team
    - Dragonbreath
    - Perish Song
    - Hyper Beam
    This, too, is a terrible moveset. Hyper Beam never works. It's a fake move. 150 Power should be 50 Power. Perish Song is stupid, because everyone knows about it and will just switch. Double Team is alright, but the main problem with Altaria here is Dragonbreath. It's probably the worst Dragon move next to Outrage. It needs something better like D. Rage or D. Claw.

Lance vs. Drake
    - Draco Meteor
    - Safeguard
    - Fire Blast
    - Hyper Beam
    Hyper Beam, for the last time, is a fake move, and sucks. I don't really know why Hyper Beam is so commonly used by Lance. Safeguard is kinda... you know... suck. And Draco Meteor is probably the most unreliable Dragon move there is. And Fire Blast compared to Flamethrower is 0. So, Lance's first three Pokemon are better than his last.

Lance's Review
    Lance's movesets are not good. Dragonite, Altaria, and Garchomp, which are his highest leveled Pokemon, have the worst movesets. Salamence is probably the best on the team. Charizard and Gyarados are decent. The problem he has is his dragon moves aren't common enough. Now we go into further detail.

Drake [from EMERALD]
    Lance vs. Drake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Rock Tomb
    - Protect
    - Double-Edge
    Dragon Claw is a great move, especially because this is Shelgon... and it needs some good moves. Protect is great, if you have played Drake in Emerald before, you can see it works well and commonly. Double-Edge is kinda lame, he's not Normal so it won't do too much damage. Rock Tomb is lame, and it always has been.

Lance vs. Drake
    - Double-Edge
    - Dragonbreath
    - Dragon Dance
    - Aerial Ace
    Double-Edge is a lame move as stated before. It is the same thing as with Shelgon - not the same type so it won't work. Dragon Dance is decent with Dragonbreath, but Dragonbreath sucks. It needs Claw or Rage or something. Aerial Ace MIGHT work, although I've never seen it work.

Lance vs. Drake
    - Surf
    - Body Slam
    - Dragon Dance
    - Smokescreen
    I absolutely HATE this moveset. Body Slam is pure SUCK, and without STAB it is even worse. Surf is the ONLY decent move that Kingdra owns. Dragon Dance won't work, because if you've ever played Drake he never uses it. Smokescreen is just... WOW. WOW Drake. You have SMOKESCREEN. How about you read some articles on Smogon?

Lance vs. Drake
    - Flamethrower
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Rage
    - Crunch
    Now THIS is what I am talking about. This is absolutely the most AMAZING moveset that Drake has. Earthquake and Dragon Rage are totally beast moves, Crunch is alright, and Flamethrower could do some decent amount of damage. This is absolutely Drake's best Pokemon.

Lance vs. Drake
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Claw
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide
    This is just a different colored variant of Flygon. Which I don't like. I mean, you can have 1 beastly Pokemon on a team, but don't have 2 of the same thing. Flamethrower and Dragon Claw are the same as Flygon (Rage and Claw are the same thing to me) and Crunch is exactly the same. Rock Slide also, well, sucks. This may be a good moveset, but is the same as Flygon.

Drake's Review
    These Pokemon overall have better movesets than Lance overall. Salamence, Flygon, and Shelgon are alright, and even though Kingdra has a weak moveset, Surf could do some good damage to Charizard. Altaria, with an alternate moveset, could actually be really great.

---MY SIMULATED BATTLE [Assuming all PKMN are LV100]---
    If these two dragon tamers were to battle, I think it would go a bit like this [even though Lance has the advantage because of the higher amount of Pokemon.]

Lance vs. DrakevsLance vs. Drake
    Obviously, the winner here would be Salamence.
    Shelgon: Protect
    Salamence: Dragon Claw
    -
    Shelgon: Dragon Claw
    -
    Shelgon FNT

I, actually, think Altaria could come out with a win here.
    Altaria: Dragon Dance
    -
    Altaria: Dragonbreath
    Salamence: Paralyzed
    -
    Salemence: Paralyzed
    -
    Salamence FNT

I can tell the winner here. Unless you're blind, it's Gyarados.
    Gyarados: Ice Fang
    Altaria FNT

Gyarados wins again. If only Salamence was faster, it might've won.
    Salamence FNT

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_4h_130_m.pngLance vs. DrakevsLance vs. Drake
    Gyarados again.
    Flygon: Dragon Rage
    Flygon FNT

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_4h_130_m.pngLance vs. DrakevsLance vs. Drake
    It's Kingdra this time.
    Kingdra: Body Slam
    Gyarados: Paralyzed
    -
    -
    Gyarados FNT

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_4h_149.pngLance vs. DrakevsLance vs. Drake
    It's Dragonite, and it's Lance.
    Dragonite: Draco Meteor
    Kingdra FNT

Battle Review
    Overall, Lance crushed. If the teams were the same as they were in the games, which I assume we are basing them off of, then Lance is the easy winner.

VERDICT
    Lance vs. Drake
    Lance Wins!

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    ~Hot n' Cold~, I like your little summary there, but...

Lance vs. Drake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Fang
    - Thunder Wave
    Dragon Dance is a wise move, however Waterfall is not. Surf would be a better choice. Thunder Wave is a decent choice too. Ice Fang is the main idea for Gyarados, though. If they were to have a battle Ice Fang would have a great impact. [Why isn't he Dragon type?]
    You have got to be kidding me. Surf on a Gyarados? With 60 base SpA?! Beside, Surf would beat the purpose of Dragon Dance (which raises Attack & Speed, not Special Attack).
    Lance vs. Drake
    - Flamethrower
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Rage
    - Crunch
    Now THIS is what I am talking about. This is absolutely the most AMAZING moveset that Drake has. Earthquake and Dragon Rage are totally beast moves, Crunch is alright, and Flamethrower could do some decent amount of damage. This is absolutely Drake's best Pokemon.
    XD This is also a joke, right?

Back