• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Free Shop] Lapis Philosophorum

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

23uymmq.png

Hey folks, welcome to my newest art gallery. I've had Photoshop since 2007, and I've done a ton of banners and such since then. So, I'd like to kick-start this thread by sharing some of my favorite pieces throughout the years. I have three photobucket accounts and one deviantart & imgur account. All credit for fanart and resources goes to the original owners; I just tinker in Photoshop. Kindly enjoy looking through my gallery. I'm considering sharing/offering CSS thread layouts, but I'm not sure about the interest/demand. Let me know what you think. All comments are welcomed.

I offer icon requests, but not banner requests at this time. ♥

Quick Links
[alink id=banners]banners[/alink id] - [alink id=icons]icons[/alink id] - [alink id=digital]digital art[/alink id] - [alink id=profiles]profiles[/alink id]​

[a id]banners[/a id]Banners
B3dGy.png

Tmv3b.png

indiangirl2.png

rng_clubs.png

macdawnheart.png

charmandermac2.png

gothoritacol.png

arcataleskiro.png

tag____aerodactyl_by_lilacangel-d5h0fxk.png

tag____azumarill_by_lilacangel-d5h0f4l.png

tag____yuki_nagato_by_lilacangel-d5h0foz.png

ouka5.png

chunli.png

tag____guilty_crown_by_lilacangel-d5h0ekb.png

tag____shadow_by_lilacangel-d4a5av8.png

tag____sonic_by_lilacangel-d45onmk.png

metal_sonic_tag_by_lilacangel-d3p5zyv.png

tag____megan_fox_by_lilacangel-d4ayh1i.png

tag____drake_by_lilacangel-d45ooi2.png

assassinbanner.png

riserise.png

tag____scizor_by_lilacangel-d45on7x.png

tag____grumpig_by_lilacangel-d45on39.png

[a id]icons[/a id]Icons
493.png
VN4.png
v3.png
51.png
VN1.png
475.png

traydora.png
1leaf.png
vulptik1.png
umbrella.png
haru4.png
VN2.png

fennekin.png
lilith130px.png
omega150.png

Recent 130x130 icons:
flareon130_zpsf34c9fc8.png
scizor130_zps64ee5fec.png
amy130_zpsd112304c.png
knux130_zpsd6f5b875.png

kirby130_zps622ede51.png
greed130_zps1ea78451.png
ling130_zpsead33b16.png
winry130_zps61982364.png

latieon130_zps21e796af.png
leafeon130_zpsbdd151da.png
xerneas130_zpsd638d747.png
lK5dGI2.png

natsu130a_zps707a3799.png
natsu130b_zps31fd1dd4.png
ditto130a_zpsb30e55e8.png

Recent150x150 icons:
tharjaicon150_zps51f3c597.png
6S2krpy.png
miasweetpinkicon1_zpsa8eab132.png
miasweetpinkicon2_zps267bc87c.png

q4ivLDi.png
AeuizAl.png
j4twdW6.png

x23avatar1501_zpsca18d040.png
wonderavatar1503_zpsbbd2c4c6.png
x23avatar1502_zpsed07105e.png
arrowetteavatar150_zpsc31e4132.png

theflashavatar1501_zps2f5caef7.png
rogueavatar150_zps3a665d34.png
magnetoavatar1501_zps15e04776.png
ironman150_zps1eb51afe.png

rogueavatar1502_zps9a99cee2.png
humantorchavatar1501_zpsa66ff214.png
deathstrokeavatar1_zpsbd9f2d37.png
blackwidowavatar1501_zps592bd9e6.png

Recent 180x180 icons:
princessoffuka_zps94152bb2.png
goldangel2_zps3616f17c.png
hoohicon180_zps7564a171.png

garchomp180_zps0d13b6d3.png
dragalge4_zps83d52cd1.png
chesnaught_zps4775f1ef.png

pangoro_zpsc115255e.png
tyrantrum_zps95b8afb4.png
alicechibi180_zps7c1d9947.png

alicered180_zpsb982cc87.png
serena180_zps1120161c.png
cynthia180_zps2c28135e.png

skarmchristmas2013_zps2462ca11.png
shawnpinkwarrior1_zps671f7b79.png

lucina180c_zpscf724fe5.png
cirno180a_zpsa09df267.png
miku180a_zpsd9d06539.png

hiyori_umbrella.png

[a id]digital[/a id]Digital Art
candyapple____audino_by_lilacangel-d3x1ihk.png

vanillite_and_deino_by_lilacangel-d5h0cee.png

[a id]profiles[/a id]PC Profile Themes
Antemortem/Solace's Fire Emblem theme [click here]
[supporter]Overlord Drakow[/supporter]'s Team Rocket theme [click here]
bobandbill's current XD/Colosseum theme
[supporter]Luke[/supporter]'s current Stunfisk theme
Mac's current Fire Emblem theme

CSS
Past CSS
Trade Shops / Galleries CSS
sweet release
the time is out of joint
the motion keeps my heart running
river of the heavens
chaos angel
veritas
shop template #6
shop template #7

Club/Hobbies CSS
eevee and eeveelution
legendary pokemon
sonic the hedgehog
fullmetal alchemist
sword art online
free, swimming anime
attack on titan
breaking bad
borderlands 2
video gaming get-together 2012
video gaming get-together 2013

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
You made it before my departure; I'm so proud of you, onee-sama! <3;

With that said though, let's get on to critique:
Your banners are very vibrant. They do not look monotonous. At all. Props to you for that. Another aspect of your works, and I'm talking about your tags in particular, that appeals to me is the fact that you do not shy away from experimenting with effects. Some of them have textures, some have c4ds while there are those with you trying your hand at smudging. Really, say what you will about yourself but that quality of yours, this so called 'urge to experiment', is something really good for graphic artists. There are those, such as myself, who tend to get comfortable with a style in particular and refuse to let go of it in favor of experimentation which, ultimately, does not help us improve ourselves. But you're different. You've steadily improved a lot and it's visible in your tags. So yes, good job. I really do hope you do not give up making banners/tags/doing graphics anytime because you're good at it and I can see you do great if you continue with it.

Your colors are great and tags aren't monotonous. You experiment quite a bit with effects. Is there anything in my opinion that can be improved? Yes. Your banners look appealing but quite a lot of them feel unnecessarily busy. They tend to suffer from an effect-overdose, if you will. There's just too much going on in them. Not that having a good number of effects is a bad thing; but they just end up being distractions when it becomes difficult for the focal to stand out among them. That's the case with this, this and this tag, I feel. And perhaps a few more. You probably already know. Which brings me to the next point - depth. Quite some of your works, in my opinion, lack depth. Everything in your works, generally, has the same level of sharpness - be it the background, the render/stock or the foreground effects. You could do a lot better if you blur out some of the effects and sharpen the focal a bit in your works. Blurring them out to increase depth would also, to a degree, take care of the aforementioned problem of 'effect-overdose'. Because, in the end, both these problems are interconnected as they both stem from the lack of a distinct focal. So yeah, hope you work on that! :]

Your profiles and CSS are just plan gorgeous, btw. Keep up the good work! :]

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Blade you are SO talented! Could you please make me an avatar with Tharja? <3

TwilightBlade

Years
@Dero: Thank you for the kind words, bro! I shall definitely work on the depth in my future tags. I agree, sometimes I overuse effects, but I feel like a banner is too empty if there's not something going on in every corner of the piece. It's a bad habit I still need to break, yeah. XD; I'll find the balance once I do some tags in my spare time. Thank you for everything you've said; I would not have gone this far nor even posted a new gallery if I didn't have your support. <3

@Mac: Thanks! Here's a Tharja icon for your use:
tharjaicon150_zps51f3c597.png

I also randomly made two Pokemon icons since I have PS open:

purplekecleonflareonicon_zps05175bfc.png
sylveoneeveeicon_zps214c089a.png

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
omigosh your tags are amazing. love how each one is different. the coloring is just gorgeous.
i love how some of them have a main focus point which you are drawn to because of the lighing.
the first one does bother me i don't like the dark edges. i know dark edges help a tag, but i just feel like it is too dark. (i just like brightness)
i can't wait to see more of your artwork. you're perfect.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
First, let me apologize for not getting to comment on this sooner.

Second, wow. Just wow.

And I don't just mean your amazing CSS skills, your unbelievable graphic talent, your irrefutable comfort with icons, or your stunning digital art. I mean the whole package just.. wow. Your banners are really what stand out to me. I have almost no idea the effort or work it really takes to create something like that, but I can imagine, from the obvious quality of the pieces, that a lot went into them. Part of me wants to say they're your strong suit, but then I browse the rest of your gallery. @_@

It would be unfair of me to say that any particular subject or medium is your best. Because, from everything I can gather, you're comfortable with everything. What I love most is how *you* really just shine through all of these pieces. Your style is so apparent and it makes each icon, each tag, so deliciously TwilightBlade. I love them all. What I can critique openly is your subject matter. >:3 What on earth is that Deino doing with that Vanillite?! Those two have no business being in love. Unless it's a Romeo and Juliette kind of thing, in which case I have no choice but to commend you for your unconventional tastes. xD

Nevertheless, from span to span, everything is wonderful. You definitely have a lot to be proud of here. And, with serious work at your skills, I can see you going so, so far with this. I've gone too long being a member on PC without seeing your work, and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to offer a critique (even though I didn't critique much but whatever!). I sincerely hope you update this gallery often because more of our members need to know how talented you are. c:

TwilightBlade

Years
:3;; I wish I could deliver delicious goodies at a quicker pace, but these days whenever I do open photoshop, it's for making icons or CSS. :'( I love love love playing with colors, though! Oh yeah, I did get tired of the dark edges effect so you don't have to worry too much about that anymore, Kayla. :3 Also, the Deino loves to nom on things he shouldn't, so he's in love with the thought of licking the ice cream. He's not necessarily in love with Vanillite, haha.

flareon130_zpsf34c9fc8.png
scizor130_zps64ee5fec.png
amy130_zpsd112304c.png
knux130_zpsd6f5b875.png

kirby130_zps622ede51.png
greed130_zps1ea78451.png
ling130_zpsead33b16.png
winry130_zps61982364.png

CSS
Spoiler:

Years
Nnng the Scizor icon is just <33. I really like the sharpening and how nicely he fits into the canvas n_n

Request time, if I may! Can you please make an icon (100x100 to 120x120 since I prefer smaller icons wa) with this image right here? Just the Whimsicott + Cottonee, so no Zorua (sorry foxxy). Thank you muchly~

TwilightBlade

Years
Thanks. :D I'm happy with the cropping on some of those, too. How's this for you?

whimsicottoneec_zps060b153c.png

Oh, this one was from a past icontest.

flareonicontest_zps2f65c3b1.png

And this is from October 2011. Can never have too many Flareon around here.
flareon_normal_zps1866eb87.png

Years
Gosh that is just so cute. You're killing me Blade! ;C; <3 Thanks so much, I can't resist switching over!

Looks like I'm done changing icons sporadically like I used to, whee.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Wow your style is really nice. I love the diversity of it, you're really good at blending in textures which is something I wish I was better at. this signature right here ommmmmgggg sorry for the girly squeal but it's my favourite out of all your works, close with the Azumarill and Pidgey tag, I love the use of C4Ds and the colours. The lighting is nice and the depth shows up well. This is a very nice tag. Not saying your other tags aren't nice cause that's not true at all but that one is definitely my favourite.

Joobell

Insert Witty User Title Here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Hey blade, your work is absolutely amazing. You lighting, your styles, everything about your tags I love. Your c4d usage is probably the best I've ever seen. Also your css skills, absolutely amazing, I especially love the scrolling.

TwilightBlade

Years
<3 You guys are stunning. If anyone ever wants an icon, let me know. :) Some old, some new stuff.

130x130 Icons, rather recent.
latieon130_zps21e796af.png
leafeon130_zpsbdd151da.png
xerneas130_zpsd638d747.png

150x150 Icons, from an old superhero staff collab.
x23avatar1501_zpsca18d040.png
wonderavatar1503_zpsbbd2c4c6.png
x23avatar1502_zpsed07105e.png
arrowetteavatar150_zpsc31e4132.png

theflashavatar1501_zps2f5caef7.png
rogueavatar150_zps3a665d34.png
magnetoavatar1501_zps15e04776.png
ironman150_zps1eb51afe.png

rogueavatar1502_zps9a99cee2.png
humantorchavatar1501_zpsa66ff214.png
deathstrokeavatar1_zpsbd9f2d37.png
blackwidowavatar1501_zps592bd9e6.png

Past CSS
Trade Shops / Galleries
the time is out of joint
the motion keeps my heart running
river of the heavens
chaos angel
veritas
shop template #6
shop template #7

Threads on interests/series
eevee and eeveelution
legendary pokemon
sonic the hedgehog
fullmetal alchemist
sword art online
free, swimming anime
attack on titan
breaking bad
borderlands 2
video gaming get-together 2012
video gaming get-together 2013

TwilightBlade

Years
Yeah, I still am offering icons.

Some very old banners (2008?) since I have nothing new to share. o3o;;; Lightmare collab with Cherii.
lightmarecollab.png

neverend.png

Metagross.jpg

Milotic.jpg

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Could I ask you possibly to make my current avatar look a bit more spiffy and fancy? :)

TwilightBlade

Years
How about this?

HBfZITy.png

I did this for Sydian
6S2krpy.png

And this Mega evolution, but I don't feel like using it yet, if ever.
Spoiler:

Nakala Pri

These are amazing! :O Fantastic, bizarre. Really, I am so impressed, I'm actually stunned. O.O

Do you do requests? :3

TwilightBlade

Years
Rozu, I offer icons. I don't offer banners because they take at least an hour to do, and I don't have that kind of time during the semester. :o

Silais, glad you like it!

I did these recently, but if anyone wants 'em, I can resize:
princessoffuka_zps94152bb2.png
goldangel2_zps3616f17c.png
hoohicon180_zps7564a171.png
garchomp180_zps0d13b6d3.png

Pokemon XY icons, featuring Skrelp final, Chespin final, Pancham final, and Tyrunt final

Back