• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lapras and Pelipper!

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Hey all! :)
    I don't usually make new threads for my pictures, but I wanted to make one for this picture because I was especially pleased with it! ^_^ It was an attempt at making realistic water, which I decided to build on, and add some Pok?mon to! I coloured Lapras and Pelipper in a pointilism style, and I quite like how it turned out. :) I tried adding other Pok?mon too, but then it looked a bit cluttered, so I decided to stick with just the two. I don't know how I managed to fit this in, but I couldn't leave PC without doing some art! :) I really hope you like!

Click here to sea! (bad pun...hehehe!)

Battery Cat

I Love Batterys
    Years
    Pelipper and Lapras look like they are best friends in your pic, I like that look and the water is amazing, I wish I could do water like that, I really love your art always. ^_^

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Great art work, but may I point out water is not that lightish blue. It has hints of green and brown especially from sand and is darker. I love the new style, dots are cool XD So much detail and the choppy waves look great! It would be cool to see some more of your artwork in this style FG :)

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Thanks for all your comments, guys! :D And thanks Pokedragonfire for your constructive crit ^_^ It really helps! I plan to work on that water colour in future! I'd really like to do a picture of Kyogre leaping out of the water at night in a storm...that might be something to work on!

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
    The water effect there has turned out awesome in that pic. I love the way you made that water effect.. the Pelipper pose is good, Lapras can't that many poses, so i guess that's ok

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    Wow FG I love this piece. The way the water is , It's awesome. however I agree with pokedragonfire on the water, It could use a little sandish tones and some green on the waves ^^;.

The coloring and shading you did on the pokemon. I would say though both of them are good you put alot of detail into them and lapras is simply beautiful. Her (shell) Is so heavily shaded and toned I could swear it's real. As for Pelipper he looks amazing in that pose. Its looks he's perposly posing or somthing^.^

great job Fg I cant wait to see more lol^_^

And that idea you have, That would be a awesome picture *.* I wish you alot of luck, ^^ but also fun! lol The way for drawings to look there best is to have fun doing them so the happyness and expresion shines right threw ^_^

:huggles:

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Forest Grovyle said:
    Hey all! :)
    I don't usually make new threads for my pictures, but I wanted to make one for this picture because I was especially pleased with it! ^_^ It was an attempt at making realistic water, which I decided to build on, and add some Pok?mon to! I coloured Lapras and Pelipper in a pointilism style, and I quite like how it turned out. :) I tried adding other Pok?mon too, but then it looked a bit cluttered, so I decided to stick with just the two. I don't know how I managed to fit this in, but I couldn't leave PC without doing some art! :) I really hope you like!

Click here to sea! (bad pun...hehehe!)
    Wow! This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

How come ppl can draw so well? >.<"

Which programme do you use?

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    *gasp* The water is so real! o.o amazing how artists draw these days.....
    Your a really good artist by the way, I use your Legendaries as my Layout here ^^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    I actually have seen your picture on SPPf as well as your amazing Vaporeon picture. So if you have read my posts their, hopefully you know how much I love these two pictures. ^^

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Forest Grovyle said:
    Thanks for all your comments, guys! :D And thanks Pokedragonfire for your constructive crit ^_^ It really helps! I plan to work on that water colour in future! I'd really like to do a picture of Kyogre leaping out of the water at night in a storm...that might be something to work on!
    ooooh, with your art talent it should the most beautiful picture on PC

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Wow! I was surprised to see this bumped up here! Thanks so much for all your kind comments, everyone! :D I have started the Kyogre picture...it's on hiatus at the moment though, as I have a uni essay to do :( But I really want to get more art done soon!

I do have my new signature, however! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    wow great job FG!! And your banner is really great too!! Very Good Job!

Dittochu

oops...
    Years
    Wow, the water looks very realistic. The Lapras is also very nice too.
    And the Peliper is very cool as well.
    Nice job FG.

-Dittochu

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    Hey. How'd I miss this *scratches head* I spazzed when I saw the name "OMG! That's goin' to be awesome!" And I was right :3

Back