• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laptop Help

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    Hello everyone who wishes to read this thread, My laptop that I recently got not to long ago is a Acer Aspire 5551, I was able to close my laptop re open it and click the profile to go back into. The other day it wouldn't let me click my profile and go into it for some reason, So I closed it and put it in my bag. about 30 min later I took it out as I saw a blue screen saying that it crashed. No when ever I close my laptop and re open it its just a black screen and takes like 5 min to go back to what I was on. If anyone could help me with this problem or would like to share anything I would kindly appreciate it.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I am no expert on computers but if you bought this computer not to long ago and have a warrenty on it.I would take it back to the store and explain what is wrong and ask for your money back or a replacement.

Years
    Right, it could be any number of things, from a corrupted user profile to actual hardware issues. Step 1, backup any important files to a USB, external HDD and do a System restore back a week or so. A few days before the crash, of course. This is the Windows System restore - don't use anything Acer provided. See how that goes. you will lose any newly installed programs and changed settings. The files should stay there, but backup to be safe. Step 2 would be to make another account (keep the old one) and see if you get the same problem. Warranty jobs are ALWAYS a last resort, or for hardware faults.

Back