• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

laptop is dead

Years
  • Well I am dieing slowly. My Sony vaios motherboard just burned out. I have no way currently have no way to access 600 gbs of important data and no way to use my 1tb hdd. Someone please shoot me

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • That is absolutely terrible! So there's literally no way to access it? There has to be a way ;-;

Years
  • Buy a $20 USB hard drive adapter. As in, one that allows you to take internal system hard drives and connect them to another computer. You'll at least be able to get the stuff off of the system drive in your VAIO and copy it to your external using a friend's computer.

Then you should check to see if your VAIO is under warranty or not. Most PC sellers have a standard 1-year warranty on the PCs they sell. If it's not under warranty, you'll just have to save up for a different laptop.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Do what donnovan suggested. As long as it was just your motherboard, then your hard drive should be fine. I would suggest an alternate way of removing the hard drive and connecting it to a power supply to retrieve the data but that will involve taking the laptop apart; voiding any warranty you may possibly have so play it safe and pick up a hard drive adapter.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hehe, at least you're getting your data. Since the warranty is out, what would you want to do with your new computer?

Back