• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laptop touchscreens

Years
    How many of you guys have laptops with touchscreens? Do you guys take advantage of the touchscreen if you have one?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    No, it's really stupid. Steve Jobs was right about no one wanting to reach towards a vertical screen. Trackpads are more accustomed for the lazy population.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was actually very close to putting a touchscreen laptop on layaway, but I resented and went for the one with a good processor. I don't see much of a point with touchscreens on laptops, unless you're talking about those "convertible laptops where you can convert the laptop into a tablet by folding it or at least removing the screen from the keyboard. Those are pretty pricey these days, and if I ever want to buy one of those, I'll wait in a few years.

All in all, I'll probably stay away from those. I'll only go for touchscreen desktops instead.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I really don't see a point in getting a touchscreen. Most of the time you sacrifice processing power, unless you get something like the $1000+ Surface or similar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never had touchscreen laptops before, sadly, and it's likely that I won't be getting one any time soon.

When using laptops, I'm overly comfortable with their traditional way of things--keyboard and either touch-pad. Have been used to this form of way for as long as I'm able to remember, and still am. If those two things are ever to be taken away (or at least limited, so to speak), I probably wouldn't be considering it a laptop, haha. Somehow, if I manage to get my hands on a touchscreen laptop and start using, I'd immediately forget about its ability to sense touches and whatnot, due to reasons I've already stated.

Only devices I utilize with touchscreen are phones and tablets, because, I feel, this is how most of them are meant to be used in first place. Some do have buttons and whatnot, but as opposed to computers, I wind up ignoring these things and use touch function for more or less everything.

Years
    I honestly enjoy using the touchscreen on my Toshiba laptop. I never actually factored in the fact that it takes away processing power either (because I didn't know that beforehand), but I still think my laptop is actually quite good, considering the amount I paid for it :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't find having a touchscreen on a laptop unless it is a convertible that can transform into a tablet. Just too awkward most of the time.

Years
    I don't have a laptop with a touchscreen, but wouldn't want one anyway. Seems kinda dumb. I'll stick with touchscreen phones and tablets :3

Back