• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Days
  • they/he
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Wait Dragon Cave is still around!? i loved collecting all the dragons on my scroll!

Must be hard to grow dragons now if not many use forums anymore.
Yeah, I've been trying since I'm in a few forums (including this one) but there's just not enough activity to get a survivable hatchling. I'll probably have to let that idea go.

And happy roadtripping, Lavender!

Years
  • Age 34
  • She/Her, It/Its
  • Seen today
Call me delusional but I think forums still have a chance. Like, if you take a look at social media like Facebook and Twitter and then tell me that they're still as good as a couple years ago. :P

Even Discord has started doing some weird things.

Days
Same; I also don't use any of them. Even when I was in Bachelor's, I didn't joined the Whatsapp/Telegram group there, and asked my friend to keep me up to date with anything important via call or email. And he always kept me notified, so big thanks to him for helping me out. During lockdown era, we used to study the subjects on our own, rather than using the materials and discussions on those plaforms, and our conversations were taking place via calls only.

Even Discord has started doing some weird things.
Discord is ugly choice for forums, it is only meant for gaming with friends and bit of messaging. It is not made for forums, but people use it regardless. I am wondering why people don't try to make local level forums on Whatsapp group !!

Forum services like this, and Discourse Forum which is used by many Linux distributions are genuinely made for forum, hence they are adapted better for the needs. But I feel people tend to use Discord because they don't want to open browsers, and are habituated to use applications for all the tasks....

:rolleyes:

Years
  • Age 34
  • She/Her, It/Its
  • Seen today
I think people just want a live chatting program. Before it was Discord people used Skype. And before they used Skype they used TeamSpeak. And back in the day people used IRC.

The thing that distinguished Discord from all the others was its main focus on gaming.

Back