• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Years
  • My first shiny was a Hariyama in Emerald =3

Good luck! (I already have 2 shiny alcremie 😏)

At the time of that post I only needed 2 more to get an Alcremie for each unique Sweet (I got 5 shiny Milcery the night before =P) :cool:
    I somehow managed to get 3 shiny milcery during 1 cafeteria meal yesterday xD
    Though the 2 cafeteria meals before it were duds so... it compensated itself I guess ? =P

My Milcery hunt has been completed btw. I did a Geodude hunt after it as well as I got a Kanto Geodude outbreak in Kitakami.
    Hunted it for 1 simple reason: I obtained 2 shiny Alolan Geodudes + 1 Alolan Graveler without hunting for them at all. I also had a shiny Kanto Graveller sitting in my Home boxes that was transferred over all the way over from my HeartGold game. So only 2 more Kanto Geodudes and I'd have a shiny of each stage for both forms =D
    Finished this hunt already as well btw :cool:

Hopefully I can get a post in for all my new shinies since my last post in the shiny hunter club... there's quite a few of them again xD

Days
  • I don't try to find shiny, and I am happy with whatever I get, and my first shiny was Regigigas with blue palette, and grass on it's body. I was amazed but eventually it was boxed because slow start is too bad, and my team was finished by then, and I usually don't alter it at last stages, but Giratina was exception because I wanted to put it in my team because it is among my favorite Pokemon, and for that only I was playing Platinum.

Days
  • I look into other aspects for deciding which Pokémon to keep.

The only game which I play now is Pokémon Go, and I don't mind to transfer away the shiny Pokemon if they are low on IVs or I already have a leveled up Pokémon of same species or they are not reaching particular cap limit. Hence I usually release the shiny Pokémon which I catch.

i still have no shinies :woop:

Pokémon Platinum no longer exists with me because I finished the 3-4 times hence removed it, hence that Shiny Regigigas is gone. So we are on same boat in terms of Mainline games !

Days
  • I also agree, and also point that shiny Pokemon was made unnecessarily, and for this I liked the @Devalue 's idea of colored/regional species which he was saying few days ago in a topic. The original Pokemon designs are what the Pokemon Franchise known best for, and most shinies are as bad as pink to green, and the later color feels like algae covered Pokemon, which takes away their coolness.

Years
  • It's impossible to make a shiny everyone will like given people's differing color preferences.

I do feel like sometimes they just don't even bother trying to make a nice shiny. Just look at Ceruledge/Armarouge, the only change is the eye color swap :sadwick:
    It's so minor of a change you likely won't even notice it.

Back