• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Rage Quit?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • When was the last time you've gotten so frustrated with a game that you threw your controller in a fit of rage or had to shut off your system to cool yourself down?

I've recently picked up Dark Souls in anticpation of Dark Souls 2 and dear god is that an unfair game. I almost beat a boss one time and my Internet dropped on me right near the end (the game requires an internet connection), so it brought me back to the main menu and reverted me to my last save point. I haven't been close to defeating it since >:l

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Just earlier this evening. I started playing Banjo-Kazooie for the first time (yes, I know) last night. I was thoroughly enjoying it until I got to Clanker's Cavern, but the stupid camera and horrendous swimming controls caused me to die several times just by running out of air when trying to collect the musical notes in the cavern with Clanker's chain. And when I went for the air bubbles I always kept missing because the camera would go to some ridiculous angle and I'd miss them by a millimeter.

I'll freely admit I'm terrible at platformers and have often ragequit a gaming session because of them, but it especially frustrates me when I don't die because of my own lack of skill but because of terrible design.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Just earlier this evening. I started playing Banjo-Kazooie for the first time (yes, I know) last night. I was thoroughly enjoying it until I got to Clanker's Cavern, but the stupid camera and horrendous swimming controls caused me to die several times just by running out of air when trying to collect the musical notes in the cavern with Clanker's chain. And when I went for the air bubbles I always kept missing because the camera would go to some ridiculous angle and I'd miss them by a millimeter.

I'll freely admit I'm terrible at platformers and have often ragequit a gaming session because of them, but it especially frustrates me when I don't die because of my own lack of skill but because of terrible design.
    I actually think I know what you're talking about, is it the part where you are near Gloop the fish who is releasing air bubbles on the sea floor? I remember having a lot of difficulty with that as well. Not to burst your bubble (no pun intended) but Banjo Tooie isn't any better as they actually reverse the swimming controls...

Clanker's Cavern was the worst level in the game in my opinion, so the game can only go up for you from there. And at least you're finally playing it, better later than never as they say!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Was playing Black Ops 2 the other day, and had a pretty good kill-streak; managed to beat about 18 people in a row. It would have continued, but suddenly, though, it started to lag for me, and my player was just stuck there for a few seconds. This left me completely open to opponents and they shot me down without any trouble, thus ending my streak. I was very upset about that, and quit the match immediately. :P I usually don't get upset like this, but I was playing very seriously, though. If I wasn't, I probably wouldn't have left.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I'm not much of a rage quitter of games I'm more likely to spout abuse onto my teammates and/or say how much better I am than they are or force them to thank me for things I should be doing anyway since I typically like support or healing roles in most games. I cant actually remember the last time I rage quit something. I clearly remember two nights ago yelling at my friends over teamspeak during a DotA2 match when it was only their second night playing. I'm shocked they still wanna play again with me.

Years
  • Haha, rage quits. Majority of the time I have my rage quits are with shooters, especially when I'm playing with friends. Normally I'm quite laid back, relaxed when playing them, but last summer, my group of friends got together and had our annual summer party. All hell broke loose when I got my grubby hands on the controller to play CoD: Black Ops II. Was dropping and screaming those F-bombs like nobody's business XD Was definitely a fun time, but would have liked it if people would stop sniping me from afar >>;;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I haven't raged in a while but before I had cleared the storyline I rage quit on Devil Survivor 2 a LOT. It was so damn hard, especially since I hadn't played a game in that series before. ;~; It took me so many tries to beat the 4th boss that I put the game down for a week, lol.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I feel really lame, because KH games aren't usually too frustrating to me, but Dream Drop Distance keeps screwing with me, and I keep messing up, and I'm not even that far into it. I literally haven't touched it in a couple of weeks now.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I was playing Donkey Kong Country Returns the other day and I died about 40 times on a rocket level (the one with the bats..if you've played it you'll probably remember that one). Most of my deaths were attempts at getting a SINGLE puzzle piece. While I didn't throw my controller or anything I stopped playing 'cause I was so frustrated after that level, lol.

The only time I got really upset at a game was while playing Skyward Sword. I was trying to get the Hylian Shield (by beating a gauntlet of 8 bosses in a row) on *hero mode* and I had died on the 8th boss because my wii-mote became unsynced and I couldn't control Link correctly so the dumb scorpion was free to charge into me for massive damage. I got the shield eventually, though.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • 2 hours ago. I recently bought a GBA and i found out i can't save games because i don't have enought power on my batteries. So i played Leaf Green yesterday, then came back and saw it didn't save. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TY

A few weeks ago in StarCraft II where i got cheesed over and over again by Protoss players. Eventually i got so mad I stopped playing for a while -__-

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Battlefield 3!

There was once a guy who was obsessed with ramming his jet into my jet...got me a really bad negative kill/death. I screamed.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Bravely Default, after the Red Mage boss kept kicking my butt over and over. Haven't touched the game in two months :(

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Morrowind, koffi~

Morrowind, Morrowind, Morrowind. How you torment me so. The combat goes like this: Attack, miss, attack, miss, attack, miss, attack, miss. Think you hit that thing just because your models touch? Nope! By the way, this Bilge Rat has a higher Agility score than you, and your stamina is all out so you can't hit a bloody thing even if you wanted to. Rats kill in this game, and all because the game is closer aligned with Everquest than an action game. Morrowind is like a halfway house for Action-RPGs. It's okay for the action part, and it's okay for the RPG part. The problem is that the combat system is so atrocious that you'll more than likely die before hitting anything. The sneak function is ridiculous and the lack of a physic engine painfully shows.

I've recently begun to play it because I am an avid Bethesda fan, and I support many of their games when others do not. However, Morrowind is ridiculous enough to cause me to cry out in frustration as I load up a save where I had cleared out the entire dungeon only to have it repopulated without me having any kinds of potions available. Morrowind is fun to a degree. All the armor pieces are great, wearing clothing and armor at the same time is great, but the combat is so terrible that the most damage you'll do is when you actually connect. I loved Oblivion for correcting this godsawful mistake, and when you're running in Oblivion, you feel like you're getting somewhere. In Morrowind, you feel like you're walking fast. One of the only ways to correct this is by using the Boots of Blinding Speed, and these boots actually blind you, so you have no idea where the hell you're going or at what elevation you're at!

Selling stolen items in a different town is great! Sadly, Oblivion did away with this and we haven't seen it since. The problem with stolen items though is this: If you steal a Diamond from Gro-Gah Bonik, and then go outside and kill some bandits and they all have diamonds, guess what? All of the items in your inventory are marked as stolen. So no matter how many items are gained legitimately, they'll remain marked as stolen, and you have no indications of what is stolen, and what is not, so it's best to save before every bartering session, which can become quite tedious and annoying fast, or better yet, just don't steal anything. Don't steal anything you say? Well guess what, the game makes that near impossible for you as it has no indication as what's owned and what's not. Those that have played Oblivion and Skyrim know that items that aren't yours and belong to someone else are marked in red. In Morrowind? No such thing. It's a save and sneak basis, so you don't risk losing items you didn't think were actually stolen!

The lore is amazing, but those that have started off with been able to actually hit things they aim properly at will have a hard time playing through this game. Oh, and there is a lack of markers and needless instructions. "Follow the river bed south-west of Barom. You'll come across a suspension bridge. Keep going and you'll find the mine. You're not afraid of a little swim are you?" in a nut shell these are your instructions. Vague enough, but legible right? You can go south-west, right? Wrong! The ine wasn't anywhere near a suspension bridge! And guess what!? The mine I was looking for was DIRECTLY SOUTH OF THE CITY! Freaking directly south! Not south-west like she told me! South! What the hell was the point in telling me about a swim! There was no swim to be had in the first place! Don't you know where you freaking live!? You're an NPC, you should know your sheet! Don't tell me to go south-west when the mine is directly south of the town with no deviating turns! I spent frickin' 20 minutes looking for the damn place to start the quest and you can't even give me proper directions! You couldn't have said "Just follow the road south and you can't miss it"? The hell is wrong with you Morrowind, Koff~

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • Well it was a bad week I guess one would say. I broke two Xbox 360 controller in one week. It was because of FIFA 14 and alcohol. I modded my controller with crappy party that didnt hold well. I threw the controller on Tuesday and then the other modded one on Friday which caused a plastic explosion.

Learned to not play FIFA drunk and mod a controller with crappy parts. XD

Years
  • Anyone who has gotten quite far into Bravely Default and actively does the sub-scenarios will know about this.

Spoiler:

Back