• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lati@s, the roaming pain

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    Anyone else Have a horrible time trying to catch these things?
    This just happened to me 10 minutes ago:

Route 7-

Wild Latios appeared!

Lv. 35
    Lati@s, the roaming painLati@s, the roaming pain
    Lv. 49

I select Thunder Wave...

Latios Fled!

-_-*

I mean, I know Speed is Ampharos' lowest stat, but seriously, a 14 level difference?

Discuss :D

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    It's the same strategy with Entei, Raikou etc.

Use mean look, and then put it to sleep. Should be pretty easy from there.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    lv 34 Wobbuffet, Max Repels, Mirror Coat, but not too much. I used this strategy in Sapphire for Latias. I don't care much for legendaries anymore, but I do know my tricks to roamers for when I did want to catch them, haha.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I know Latias is a b****
    Seriously it took me forever to get her (I have no Pokes with Mean Look)
    Eventually I gave and threw a Master Ball.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Arena Trap wouldn't work on them because of their ability.

I would use these methods, but because of my first encounter with Latios, he's wandering around burned (not on purpose. I simply used Flamethrower and viola). I guess I'll just have to be lucky one time when I encounter it.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    Latias would appear when I don't want her to appear (ex. EV training). I got her HP down to one point because of my Scyther's False Swipe. However, every time I encounter her, she'd burst instantly out of my Quick Ball and flee.

I swear she's trolling me.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I got so frustrated with catching the Latias in my game that i traded for a masterball, because I couldn't take it anymore.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Like a lot of people mentioned already, try and use Mean Look. Or if you want to take the easy way out, you could use a Masterball. Good luck.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
    When I first tried to catch Latias for the VGC, I captured a Diglett in Vermilion City and basically went back and forth to catch Latias...then I almost screamed in pain when Latias escaped despite Diglett's Arena Trap ability (I think it's something about Levitate...)

So, when I encountered Latias again while training my Gligar, I was able to catch her with a Quick Ball...yay :)

Years
    I too gave in and threw my Master Ball. The way I saw it was that I only had one roaming legendary left and the stationary ones won't run.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I find it hard to hunt them down because the map is no longer in the bottom screen. Or maybe I'm just lazy. >.>

Do like others do, use Mean Look or a Masterball. Or maybe you'll get lucky, like I did with Raikou.

Years
    Mean Look would probably be the best strategy to use when dealing with roaming pokemon. Once you use it, it can't escape. Then you can try to catch it and you can save your Masterball for something else.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Using mean look won't help much with Entei and Raikou i think they have roar. So use a mean look passer (Umbreon or Smeargle) and go to a suction cup pokemon (Octillery or Cradily)

Years
    i ran into latias at mt silver and had snorlax thought i was lucky but 4got snorlax is very slow and used block it still fled i had no more masters cause raikou but one time i put entei to sleep and it still fled!!!!!!!! it was such bull

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
    I find it hard to hunt them down because the map is no longer in the bottom screen.

EXACTLY why I don't care for the roaming legendaries anymore. It's too tedious to keep checking the Pokegear map all the time. And I swear, Entei and Raikou hate me. I'm somewhere looking for them, and they're around Ecruteak all the time. I go near Ecruteak, and they run off to Kanto. I quit trying to catch them after that.

Back