• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Latias/Latios Tournament (Round Two)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

Lati@s Tournament!

In the Latios/Latias thread, the decision has been made to hold the tournament. This tournament has been approved by Blueberry.​

With the recent discussions here at PokéCommunity, the PC Battlers/Raters Guild and other various members of the community have made the decision to have a tournament in order to test the affect of Latios/Latias in the OU (Overused) metagame without the use of soul dew. Of course, it's impossible to fully gain all the perspectives from a tournament... however it would, without a doubt, help getting review and first hand results of this tournament. The metagame has been changing recently, and this is just another piece of the puzzle.​

Rules & Tournament Information

In this tournament, there is some information and rules that need to be addressed beforehand. Please read these before making the choice to sign up. Additional information/rules may come with the beginning of Round 1.

` The only way Latios/Latias can be used is used without their item (soul dew). Meaning we have banned the use of that item on them in this tournament, those found using the Soul Dew will be instantly DQ'd. Do not use the soul dew on your Latios or Latias.​

` These are Legendary Pokémon, so it's very hard to obtain effective and competitive Lati's before the tournament, because of this... the tournament will be performed on the ShoddyBattle PokéCommunity Server. For directions on how to get to the PC server: [click here]

` This is a single elimination tournament. Meaning, one battle, one chance for the win to advance. You lose, it's over. There is no 2 outta 3 format, no! Again, single elimination only. Since this will be held on shoddy, we shouldn't encounter any connection problems. Running/exitting the match will result in your opponents victory.

` All matches must be timed.​
    ` The following clauses must be in effect. If you are unsure what the clauses mean, just hover over them see the definition.

(Credit to Ooka for the definition, and css teachings. ;D)

` Evasion Clause
    ` OHKO Clause
    ` Sleep Clause
    ` Species Clause.
    ` No Hax Items.​
    ` Due to the tournment being held on ShoddyBattle, do not scout. This means, don't watch the battles others hold. Wether it's your upcoming opponent or anyone in this. You are not allowed to scout.

` Even though this is a Lati@s tournament, you don't have to use them. However it is recommended you do. Yes, you can use both on the same team.​

` You must private message Blueberry the battle log when your finished. So remember to save after your matches!

` The Uber Tier has been changing alot lately. Ubers are not allowed, only exception is Latios & Latias. To refresh you, our ubers are...

` Arceus
    ` Darkrai
    ` Deoxys (All forms excluding Speed)
    ` Dialga
    ` Garchomp*
    ` Giratina
    ` Kyogre
    ` Ho-oh
    ` Groudon
    ` Lugia
    ` Manaphy
    ` Mew
    ` Mewtwo
    ` Palkia
    ` Rayquaza
    ` Wobbuffet*

* - currently debated, but will be banned for this tournament.

Round Two!

Erm... some of you just didn't show up for the tournament, sorry. Based on the activity of the battlers, we're moving on. Good luck with you matches. :D T_S was inactive while lalapizzame stayed around, so lalapizzame takes the cake. As for the others, I have extra time. Sorry, but you've been taken out. Aquillae has moved over to face lalapizzame to somewhat even things up.

BeachBoy vs. Dark_Azelf

Aquillae vs. lalapizzame

Anti-pop vs. Nightfall

The winners will advance into finals. (Yes, I know there's three, I'll explain later)

Key: Your PC username - Your ShoddyBattle Nick​

.o1 BeachBoy - BeachBoy
    .o2 FourFourTwo - FourFourTwo
    .o3 *Nightfall* - Darkknight316
    .o4 lalapizzame - lalapizzame
    .o5 Ooka - Ooka
    .o6 Cloud_85 - Cloud_85
    .o7 Aquillae - Aquilae
    .o8 Dark_Azelf - ROFLCOPTER1
    .o9 mcash7 - mcash7
    .1o Midnight Winged - Midnight Winged
    .11 Darkace - (uh?)
    .12 Arch_2008 - Arch_2008
    .13 Anti-pop - Anti-pop
    .14 _Prince_ - _Prince_
    .15 Tortured_Soul - Tortured_Soul
    .16 ABYAY -AtomicAngel

Remember do not scout an opponent during an official match, just refrain from watching the battles, okay. :)

Tournament Officials;
    BeachBoy**
    Blueberry**
    Dark_Azelf*
    (Others may come)​

(** - PC Shoddy Server Admins)

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I guess I'll be joining in this. Oh, and sorry for not being on Shoddy lately, Javascript wouldn't work, so I had to format my Hard Drive.

Anyway, Ooka is my PC name and my Shoddy nick.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    i would like to do this...i have a Latios, ive been waiting to put that bad boy to the test...

Might I remind you, this takes place on ShoddyBattle, not wifi. So just reminding you if you didn't understand / read the entire thread. :x Also, you didn't provide your Shoddybattle nick for signing up. Until then, I can not accept you.

Everyone else, thanks for signing up!

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
    Might I remind you, this takes place on ShoddyBattle. So just reminding you if you didn't understand / read the entire thread. :x Also, you didn't provide your Shoddybattle nick for signing up. Until then, I can not accept you.

Everyone else, thanks for signing up!

nevermind my computer wont load up the website for some reason...something about a fatal error...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    PC: Dark_Azelf
    Shoddy: ROFLCOPTER1

=) j01n4g3 plzz. Even though im an official i want to participate.

Last edited:

mcash7

FGLEGL-figure it out-
    Years
    You might as well sign me up, I kinda hate Latios and Latias there fat ugly bird things. But there stats arent "legendary" per say. Which is why, I'll be participating in this tourney.
    shoddy = mcash7

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I gotta drop out beachboy, I'm unfortunatly having to quit battling here at PC. People are getting too touchy and arguments are breaking out everywhere over nothing.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    I have a question: After we have this tourney and decide to move the Lati's down, then....what? Not many people go to the PC server, and you can't really unban it from official or anything.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Sweet, Im in. My Shoddy username is the same as my regular one, and is it necessary to use a Lati?

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
    Please sign me up!
    I've always wanted to participate in one of these metagame testing tournys

oh right, nearly forgot, my Shoddy username is Arch_2008, so the same as my normal username

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I have a question: After we have this tourney and decide to move the Lati's down, then....what? Not many people go to the PC server, and you can't really unban it from official or anything.

Then what? Well I'm unsure but I believe we can move the tier on our own server. How it;s that's not possible we will just have to be trust in the PC members that use Lati's to just use the Lati's. But after the tournament, a review will be posted, if that's another answer to your "Then what?"

MW said:
    and is it necessary to use a Lati?

We recommend you use a Lati, but you don't have to.

bron_zong said:
    ill battle some1 plz who wants to take me on

Uhh... You can create your own thread for a quick battle... if you wish to participate in the tournament however, you have to follow the sign up rules.

Back