• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2005
    Can someone give me tips on how to catch this? Where did you find it, etc...?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    R/S Help Thread.Latias/Latios said:
    Shuko's (not really; I read it somewhere, but can't remember where) Method of Catching Latios/Latias

Requirements:
    -Acro Bike
    -At least 1 Defeat of the Elite 4
    -At least 1 Max Repel
    -Something hard and heavy that you can place on a single button of your GameBoy:P

Method:
    Here's what you do. After you've defeated the E4, go to any patch of grass (really, it doesn't matter where) in Hoenn and use your Max Repel. Equip your Acro Bike. Then, place your heavy object on your Game Boy in such a way that it holds down only the B button. Watch the screen and make sure that your character is bunny hopping, but is remaining in the same spot. He is? Great. Now leave your Game Boy alone for an hour or two. No, I'm not kidding. Go away for a good long while, and then come back. Don't bother watching, 'cause this method usually takes time to work. Anyway, when you come back, you (Should) have run into Latios/Latias.

Here's why it works:
    Latias/Latios works in much the same way that the Legendary dogs did in G/S/C. He/She changes regions frequently, and will do so even if you stay in one region all the time. This method works on the theory that, if you wait in one region long enough, he/she'll eventually meander into it, and then you'll encounter the wily Pokemon. The Max Repel will keep other Pokemon away from you, and the bunny hopping simulates walking through the grass without wasting steps and exhausting your Max Repel.

So now you should have run into the elusive Latios/Latias. What happens next is up to you. I always used a master ball, because I hate chasing them around. But if you want to do it the hard way, just remember that once you've run into Latios/Latias, you can track him/her using the same method as the one used on the Legendary dogs - look at the area page for that Pokemon in your 'Dex. It'll show the current location of him/her. Of course, this is provided you don't make him/her faint. That's it, people. Happy hunting!
    That should help you. I hope. They are just like the Legendary Dogs.^__^

Years
    Just do what MegaDitto suggested. I also suggest you have a Pokemon with Mean Look and Disable. Just use Mean Look and then Disable, put it to sleep, and keep throwing Ultra Balls or weaken it enough so you can catch it. Then it's all your's to catch. Or you can just use a Master Ball on it. It works either way.

latias45

Punk
    Years
    • Age 29
    • OHIO
    • Seen Oct 13, 2008
    use a golbat at most likeey at 70 or 60 and use mean look on latias. but first latias will try to flee. but the 2 time attack beware latias is very strog aginst golbat and then change the pokemon that is not very weak but if you can not get it master ball i hope this will help

Years
    The easiest way would be to save the masterball for her.All the others you are able to save in front of them, but these are more complicated...so save the masterball ^^.Hope you still have it XD.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    DSS beat me to it.LOL.

Anyway it's completly ramdom.So just use the master Ball.If not have a good level pokemon with sleep powder.Anyways Good Luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back