• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Latios moveset

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2007
    Ok I have a Brave Latios (+atk, -spd). I know the nature isn't the best one though... But I can deal with it. What would be a good EV spread and moveset for a special tank/sweeper Latios? I wish I had that one item that ups the special attack and defence by 50% but I don't.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, that's a toughie. If you want to use it competitively, I wish you the best of luck...

Latios@Soul Dew (or lefties since you can't get that)
    Brave...kinda bad nature...attack isn't needed on it
    EVs: 252 Special attack, 240 HP, 18 SpD random EV spread really...
    ~Calm mind
    ~thunderbolt
    ~ice beam
    ~recover

that's all I got.

Years
    Without a nature that has a bad positive effect and a bad negative effect and no Soul Dew, Latios is really not that great a Pokemon.

Since this Latios isn't so good I'm going to assume that its not facing Ubers, and as such STAB Dragon Pulse is probably better than BoltBeam. The last move can be Thunderbolt or Surf in the last spot, to guarantee neutrality against Steel types.

Or alternatively you could do something totally unexpected and go with a Dragon Dance set. That said even with Brave it'll probably not outperform the special set, but when you have a Pokemon like this you might as well much around.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
    i suggest having thunderbolt as one of the moves
    a lot of ice move users are water type pokemon.. so they think they'll kill you in one hit, then you hit em first with an electric move

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Though Luster Purge is a Psychic type with bad coverage, it can be very useful when it has 50% Lowering Special Defense.

Back