• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Launching Wonder!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Alright, this Generation brought forth a new battling option- The Wonder Launcher. Using this, you can use items during Multiplayer battles. However, there is a catch. Now, to use those items, you need to gain Points. How do you get Points?
    Simple. Each turn, you will automatically get 1 Point. If you save up enough points, you can purchase an item and use it. You can also buy something that isn't an item, but helps your Pokemon, like making there ability activate by force. You can only use the items available in the Wonder Launcher. A list of items and Boosts:
    Spoiler:

So what do you think of this Feature?
    Do you like it or not?
    What would you edit or add to it?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I haven't really used this yet but it sounds interesting to use items in wi-fi matches...though some battles are over before 14 turns so getting a Max revive seems rare...or maybe that's why they gave it such a high point count in the first place xD

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Saved my skin twice in the currently running Casual Tournament, mainly due to the surprise element; I don't think it even occurred to my opponents that I might try healing (or defrosting in the second case).

Years
    I think it is cool that you can use items and stuff in multiplayer. It sounds really helpful!

Years
    The Wonder Launcher annoys me for a few reasons. One main one being that it makes matches with my friends go for way longer than they need to be >.<. Plus I never stop using it once it is turned on. Most of the time my friends and I turn it off.

Years
    I personally hate the thing.
    It changes the dynamic of competitive battles, because now there's this whole healing thing.
    Not to mention if you accumulate points you can get your pokemon a free belly drum - the HP loss.
    Whenever me and my friends play we don't allow it's use.

Back