• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Le Duel

Which tag is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • Voting time! Vote for the best tag. The theme was freestyle, so relevance to a theme isn't included, basically just the best tag as a product. Also please give reasons for why you are voting for whoever!

JalordaSerpent7:
    js7taghp.png

moments.:
    leduel.png

Comic Tragedy:
    kudi.png

Good luck chaps!

Last edited:

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • I'm in! I want to see how my first battle goes!:)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Alright well I don't know if anybody else is going to join, and 3 contestants is better than I expected to be honest, so we might as well close it here and start the week to make the tags from now!

So start making your pieces and post them here when you're done, and then we can get the voting up when we're all finished!

Good luck all!

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Ok! I just made this tag featuring Harry Potter.

Entry:
    js7taghp.png

Stock

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Is this a drawing contest or something? If so, then I'll try to enter~

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Nice entry Jalorda!

This is a graphics battle, TemariChi. So you use programs like Photoshop or GIMP and make what are called 'tags' which is pretty much the images in the signatures of everybody who has posted in this thread. I should mention though, that you can do drawing to make a tag, but it won't be judged on the technique of the drawing itself, and it needs to fit inside the canvas dimension of at most 500px x 300px, so it isn't like regular drawing in that sense.

Let me know if you still want to join, though I don't think it is what you are thinking it is. :P

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Alright Azure Wish can join, then we have the four maximum people, we've got 6 and half days left to make our tags and post them here!

Good luck everybody!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Alright I've got my entry here! It's taken a while just cause I haven't been doing too much graphics, not much inspiration and stuff. But here it is!

leduel.png

For CT and Azure Wish, you've got 3 more days to enter a tag here! Otherwise it will be between Jalorda and myself!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Nice entry CT!

So it has been a week and I'm not sure what Azure Wish is doing, but I've put up the voting! So it'll last for 5 days, please leave a reason for why you are voting! No voting for yourself, yadda yadda.

Good luck guys!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Alrighty, a battle. I would have joined in if my laptop wasn't on the brinks. Which means no photoshop until I get a new charger. Anyway, I'm just gonna leave a few comments on each tag.

http://imagedatabase2.wikispaces.com/file/view/js7taghp.png/250852024/js7taghp.png
    Well, it's not a very original tag. What I see is a kind of bastardised version of the cinema posters going around, so it adds nothing in the line of innovation. Not to mention that the colours and composition remain pretty much the exact same as the original poster. Take a look. So all I really see is a cropped version of the original piece with some text and a small lighting effect behind it. It doesn't really warrant a vote in my books.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/leduel.png
    To quote myself on this tag rather than regurgitating the same critique:

Not a fan of this. I think it's one of my lesser favourited tags you've made in recent weeks. I'm not a big fan of black and white tags usually, I think they need to be really, really good to pull any sort of positive feedback. This one lacks a little depth, and you've not made the best use of your space. I think that the part on the left is kinda forced, it feels forced. And the effects around the focal point are rather low quality and again, seem a little forced. I would take this stock again and try something new, and different, with a different canvas size. It's not the best of stocks, and remember how important choosing your stock is.

To go back to the part on the left, I think that it distracts from the focal point. But overall it lacks depth and composition, two things you need in abundance when making a B/W tag.
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/andytoe/kudi.png
    I liked the colours and the composition of this tag a lot actually. I love how the background is brought together and how the text works here. The colours really sell it, and the depth is pretty decent too, though it could be a little better. My main issue with the tag is that the render hasn't been blended much. There is a need for some effects to go above it. It is blended quite well on the colour front, but it needs to feel like it's more a part of the effects and not pasted on top of them. Eh, the colour of the render seems a little smothered in magenta though, is the only thing. It really wrecks the skin colour and makes the quality look a little lower. Either way, it's a good tag.

So my vote goes to CT. Closely followed by moments. But CT really did execute the best tag, just needs a little blending and render tweaking really. Those colours, composition and effects really sold it for me. Good work guys.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • moments. gets my vote.

I always enjoy when people deploy new concepts into their tags; what I'm talking about is the rectangular selection thingy. I also see some pretty nice depth with that black building in the back..

Comic tragedy has some nice colors and atmosphere, I like the grid with the black space, but the depth and blending can use some work.

Jalorda's got a nice concept, but needs to expand a little more on the tag, and add a couple things.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    Moments gmv

Nice effects you got there, the flow seems to be going the right way and the use of c4d's fractals etc looks nice.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • To anyone who left a comment but didn't actually vote in the poll, please do so, it makes it so much easier / clearer in the end...
    By all means still leave a comment on why, but remember to vote in the poll too! Thanks guys, good luck for the rest of the last few days!

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    holy **** I totally forgot this D:
    anyways I vote for moments. I like the flow he created, and I liked the blending

Back