• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Le Trollface

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
  • images

Do you use and like memes? What's your opinion on them?

Myself, I think memes can be very funny, but only if they're used at the right time. Sadly enough, people always get the timing wrong, which means they can get really annoying quickly. Also, some are just overused to death. Even though that's the whole point of memes XD

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I actually really like using memes, they could be funny but sometimes annoying.

Years
    • Seen today
    I love memes and I use them all the time, and I try my best to incorporate memes in my offline social interactions as well!!!

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    the memes are amazing and funny especially in the teenage post xD but i don't really use them

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • They're stupid in my opinion. Not to say that they aren't funny, cause they sure can be. But when they become overused, it just become annoying.

I can never get enough of this meme though:

success_baby.jpg

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Internet memes, that is. 'Meme' in itself means far more than 'widespread running joke'.
    Anyway, generally not, but it's a staple of conversation with some friends, invoked to express common reactions to or thoughts on things.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Very occasionally. I used to like them a lot more but now I just find them kind of annoying. There are only a few that I'll latch onto and actually enjoy but for the most part people overuse them and run them into the ground to the point where I seethe a little seeing some memes.

Even more infuriating is when internet denizens overuse memes in real life and normal people try to use them to be cool but use them entirely the wrong way. Just... no. Stop. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im indifferent to memes I dont understand most of them and I dont really bother with them much myself.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • It's kind of annoying that pretty much anything can be classified as a meme if it gets popular enough. I used to just associate memes with rage comics and that stupid crap like Scumbag Steve and Bad Luck Brian, but apparently everything has meme potential.

I don't really mind when people use memes in conversations with me (although I never do, myself), but I hate when people spew nothing but memes. That's when it gets very annoying very quickly. It's like that episode of Regular Show with Quips.

Years
  • There are still some memes that I enjoy seeing (although, I can't think of too many off the top of my head), but it's started to get to the point that people are trying to force the next meme, and it stops becoming funny at that point.

I personally don't use them myself, but as long as they don't get overused and forced, I'm okay with them.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • A lot of memes are hilarious, I think. Just today, about two years too late, I started to find the "I didn't choose the thug life" meme hilarious and was laughing about it stupidly while I was at work.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't really use memes that often but I do enjoy looking them up. I sometimes check knowyourmemes just to see where some memes originated from and how they're used.

Back