• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] leaf green or fire red?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    Hey
    im new to hacking and that
    ive started a hack on leaf green, but ive noticed there isnt really any where that has other leaf green hacks on fire red.
    Is there a reason why most people use fire red instead?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    thanks so baiscally ive been wasteing time with leaf green lol

No, if you were wasting time, you would be sat doing nothing. You aren't wasting time, and actually, if you make a really good hack of Leaf Green, you can probably then inspire more Leaf Green hacks, which people seem to hardly ever make, or at least mention making.

Keep to Leaf Green if you want, or change.

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
  • No, if you were wasting time, you would be sat doing nothing. You aren't wasting time, and actually, if you make a really good hack of Leaf Green, you can probably then inspire more Leaf Green hacks, which people seem to hardly ever make, or at least mention making.

Keep to Leaf Green if you want, or change.

yeah, you're not wasting time

it's something similar to emerald, some people don't use it because there are not enough tools( but the mayor problem is the space xD)

advance map, overwolrd editor, xse, unzl and other works for leafgreen( I think) and that are the most essential tools, but choose whatewer you want, after all it's your choice :)

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I don't really think it matters. they both have basicly the same engine and maps and scripts.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    First of all, most of the hackers prefer hacking FR, which means we know a lot more about FR than LG. Well, there isn't much difference, apart from the TitleScreen. :D
    Second of all, it's not that the tools aren't working with LG, its that most of the tools work better on FR than LG. I tried loading a LG Rom to YAPE, and when i loaded it on advanced map, it was screwed up. :tired:

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
    Years
  • I think the main reason is convenience. If people only hack ruby, fire red and maybe emerald then you need to download (illegally...) 2 or 3 ROMS rather than the full 5 to cover all possible hacks.

Back