• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Leaf Green Team restart help

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Okay, I'm going to restart my leaf green now, and I don't know which pokemon I should have in my team to begin with. I'm going to pick Charmander (not bulbasaur I already picked him) and am thinking of having a spearow, Weedle, Mankey, and Staryu on my team by the second gym leader. All help appreciated!!

Ps. This might go in another place, bu tI'm not sure, so sorry if it does!!

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Here's what I usually do when I restart LeafGreen:

Choose a starter. Any will do, but I prefer Squirtle, saves you catching another when you need a surfer.

Catch a Pidgey asap. Good Pokémon early on. Then get a loveable Pikachu in Viridian Forest. Those three should last you up until the second Gym.

After which, go to the Pokémart in Vermillion and buy lots of repels and PokéBalls. Go to Diglett's cave. Make sure the first Pokémon in your party is about lv. 27/28. Keep repelling until you find a Dugtrio. Catch it. These four guys should last you until you can catch Moltres, but if you choose to start with Charmander, then get Articuno instead. Then of course, you will need a surfer. But if you start with Squirtle, then the sixth slot is upto you.

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
    hehe pidgey is a funny name........but I say use pidgey. He gets very strong when he is pidgeot. Make him learn areial ace and he will be sweeeeett.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Throughout the 1st-3rd Generations Fearow has the better movepool. For 4th Generation however it evens out.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Fearow has the better movepool, Drill Peck being a strong Flying move. But the main difference is that Fearow is a better head on physical attacker, while Pidgeot is a bit more defensive. I'd go with Fearow.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Okay thanks!! That's what I did! This is my team now:

Charmeloen, Lv. 29

Serious nature

Ember
    Dig
    Metal Claw
    Mega Kick

Pikachu, Lv. 27

Modest nature

Thunderbolt
    Slam
    Attract
    Brick Break

Diglett Lv. 23

Modest Nature

Dig
    Magnitude
    Growl
    Fury Swipes

Still growing this guy!!

Spearow, Lv. 18

Naughty Nature

Peck
    Growl
    Fury attack
    Theif

Paras Lv. 11

Impish nature

Scratch
    Stun Spore
    Bullet Seed
    Cut

I actually beat misty with this guy!! It was pure luck!!

Magikarp, Lv. 5

Bashful Nature

Splash

I'm gonna train this guy when I can, later.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Yup Yup!!
    I evolved magicarp but switched gyrados for a vaporeon(is that good?) and I took out spearow for snorlax. My Charmeleon and diglett evolved too as well as my pikachu

Sea_Guardian

Shinjitsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu!
    Years
    Yup Yup!!
    I evolved magicarp but switched gyrados for a vaporeon(is that good?) and I took out spearow for snorlax. My Charmeleon and diglett evolved too as well as my pikachu

Well Gyarados has a high attack but Vaporeon has high HP. It's up to you who will you choose.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Choosing a starter because it's easier makes the game too easy and not as fun.

Pick the weakest starter and don't evolve. Heh.

My team is:
    Paras lv 57
    Sandshrew 56
    Kadabra 51 (intentionally don't level him because psychic is so easy...)
    Charmander 53 (same thing)
    Drowzee lv 53 (more fun than Kadabra)
    Lapras lv 57 (so very strong)
    Pikachu lv 61 (to get past the Loreli's Dewgong)

I'm still training my Bellsprout lv 42, Gastly lv 36 and Spearow lv 40.

Got lots of way too high levelled wild Pokemon to become part of my team so need to breed some younger ones.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Choosing a starter because it's easier makes the game too easy and not as fun.

Pick the weakest starter and don't evolve. Heh.

My team is:
    Paras lv 57
    Sandshrew 56
    Kadabra 51 (intentionally don't level him because psychic is so easy...)
    Charmander 53 (same thing)
    Drowzee lv 53 (more fun than Kadabra)
    Lapras lv 57 (so very strong)
    Pikachu lv 61 (to get past the Loreli's Dewgong)

I'm still training my Bellsprout lv 42, Gastly lv 36 and Spearow lv 40.

Got lots of way too high levelled wild Pokemon to become part of my team so need to breed some younger ones.

Not THAT sounds like fun :)

And houndoom666, all attack is total fail, even for ingame. you need at least a couple support moves. The weak 4 aren't too tough as it is, but...

for the record, vaporeon and gyarados play totally different roles. Vappy is defensive, while gyara is an annoying attacker with the standard tauntrados set.

Silfa

ohh.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    If you hadn't of got Vaporeon, I would have said use the Lapras you get. You gotta love Lapras. <3.

Back