• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leafgreen Rhydon Final Set

Years
    I recently bred a Rhyhorn that came out with this moveset.

Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Stomp

I eventually want to add Horn Drill, but my question is about Mega Horn. Do I get rid of rock slide, or crunch to put in Mega Horn, or do I not bother with Mega Horn at all?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Horn Drill sucks. Don't use OHKO moves.

Why would you use Crunch? It's a special attack and Rhydon's special attack is terrible.

Use the following:

Rhydon @Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    -Rock Blast/Rock Slide
    -Megahorn
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    OHKO moves are way too inaccurte to be worth it. Don't ditch Rock Slide, it's a good move.

If anything ditch Crunch.

MEGASAUR

MEGASAUR
    Years
    Rhydon @ Leftovers
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Earthquake
    ~Rock Blast
    ~Megahorn

Double-Edge works too if you can get Rock Head.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    Crunch isn't the only thing wrong with this set...
    Double Edge / Body Slam > Stomp because Rhydon's speed is a horrible base 40. Trying to make something flinch by using Stomp is utterly useless... A paralyzing Body Slam could be worthwhile.

While Rock Slide has the same function as Stomp, STAB makes it useful, and heck powerful. All the more reason why Stomp is useless...

Back