• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leafgreen Wont Start

Lil naps

Pirate
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Ok when i put my LG into my Game boy Micro it doesn't load. I also tried in both my DS's and it wont say there is a game in there. Can you please help?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm... did you try blowing into the cartridge and the game slots? Dust or other debris that gets caught between the connectors can make a system fail to recognize the presence of a game. It drives me crazy on my DS or when I'm using a GameCube controller on my Wii...

Also, did it work prior to now? If it didn't, then you might have gotten the cartridge defective and you should demand either an exchange/refund. If not, then it's possible something might have been damaged inside of the game cartridge. If it worked before, shake the cartridge around gently and listen to hear if anything rattles on the inside (NOTE: the only thing that should make a noise is the main circuit board on the inside moving around a little). If there's a second rattling noise, then the cartridge is most likely broken and you'll have to get a replacement.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    well i know theres a battery in those cartridge games. maybe the battery died? maybe you should get a new one

Lil naps

Pirate
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    ok thanks for all the help i tried blowing but it didnt work i also tried shaking it and i heard 1 noise. i tried pushing it as far as it could go but still no help. I cant get a refund as i bought over 5 years ago and lost the recipt. So as a last hope i took it apart and saw multiple pins where damaged and i decided to call that as the problem.

Years
  • I'd be incredibly careful buying any sort of gameboy game from ebay. They're usually known to be pirated copies with short-life internal batteries and horrible build quality. I'd try bending the pins back into position. If you DO get it working on a DS, migrate everything to another game. You don't know how long it will last.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I'd be incredibly careful buying any sort of gameboy game from ebay. They're usually known to be pirated copies with short-life internal batteries and horrible build quality. I'd try bending the pins back into position. If you DO get it working on a DS, migrate everything to another game. You don't know how long it will last.
    That's true; I forgot about that possibility.

Years
  • [/B]I would ALWAYS read the description when looking at stuff like this...
    [/COLOR]
    As sad as it is, you're better off getting a GBA flashcart and putting Leafgreen on there, than buying over Ebay. Nintendo doesn't get any money from the copied games as it is, so you're not hurting them any extra.

Last edited:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    To be honest, I just copied the link and posted it here. Didn't read the description, lol

Years
  • To be honest, I just copied the link and posted it here. Didn't read the description, lol
    Which is probably why so many people get caught out. They're not going to read the description unless they really feel the need. Generally, people buying Pokémon games from ebay aren't going to read up on all of the details.

Back