• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    If we're talking removing Frozen Mallet because it "seems OP on certain champions" then just axe Rylais while you're at it. It's the same concept, it's used for kiting.

Years
  • If we're talking removing Frozen Mallet because it "seems OP on certain champions" then just axe Rylais while you're at it. It's the same concept, it's used for kiting.

Rylai's is limited by spell cooldowns and mana costs ,and has diminishing returns on most spells because most spells are either multi hit or AoE. The game is also balanced around it since a lot of mages get it.

Frozen Mallet has no cooldown, has no cost and once you get slowed once, you are permaslowed for 40%. Game isn't balanced around it as Riot said multiple times they want permaslows removed from the game, and nobody buys it outside of cheese and abuse cases. A lot of other items were removed because it made champions impossible to balance (*cough* SotD on Twitch and Draven *cough* Locket on Udyr *cough*). FM has been here for like 3 seasons where it hasn't been even close to viable outside of being abused, so there is no reason for it to stay.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Ya forgot SOTD on Rango with that 3ple Q Crit >:3. Abusing Triple Q and SOTD on Rengar was as satisfying as the first time I ever had a... nvmd.

Ironically, the only few Rioters who's still legit in their own game is Phreak (at least on stream), and coming at a close second is Kobe, who i give a medal for being a Jungle main. Then again, Kobe was a competitive/pro player in the very olden days of League as a jungler.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Honestly the only "fix" to Frozen Mallet would be to give it's passive a cooldown. The current "nerfs" for it on the PBE aren't going to stop those champions from buying the item.

I've always said, and I will say it again, Season 2 was the best season for League.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Scrublording in Normals because why not. My ranked games have been unworthy of screenshot sharing since I can't have a bodycount that i want. D:< Gotta play for the win, even if the scores aren't hot.

T8hnr6v.jpg

Trying out some of that Khazix to see if I can still play him. Spoiler, well i can sorta can but I definitely need to work on my timings.

That feel when you start the game 5-0 but then throw away the leads... feels in the FEELipines man.

I had to go Mercs since they had 3 Magic damage dealers on their team. I counted the Zac as a threat since he was actually popping off given the score he had despite his team's defeat.

TFW when in that external struggle to get an S mastery token D:<

WNZLq50.jpg

That feeling when you just fckin crush an enemy Lee Sin as Xin. FeelsGood.

As expected, i camped top for our Yasuo since he was facing Darius lul. That Darius though still kindoff dicked on us but good thing our Taliyah was fed as hell, which was quite expected since Akali was her lane opponent.

I need to remind the players in my server to stop building TriForce on yasuo since its not as good as it was for him. The phage is nice though. The Phantom Dancer, still definitely a great item pickup. Might as well just keep the phage in because honestly that's the best component in the Trinity for a lot of Melee fighters.

I also broke my own BroCode on Xin and actually tried out Thunderlords as my Keystone mastery.. NEVER AGAIN. The net increase in effective DPS was next to nothing other than the early game being a little more bursty.. which still isn't any good. Fervor of Battle is still pretty much the go-to.

Then again, at least i won this game, and didn't do that bad.

Years
  • TF is still really good on Yasuo, but you will just need to get Stattik/PD +cloak first to make your ultimate penetrates armor first, and overall go a more damage oriented build. The only problem is you delay getting LS, which is a very important stat on him.

20+% CDR is invaluable on him (even if it doesn't look like it at first) because he isn't balanced around CDR, he can essentially just start using his ultimate whenever he can to guarantee a catch out kill, and possibly even twice a single medium size fight if he steals or kills someone for a blue buff. It also lowers the downtime of his windwall, which he is super vulnerable without, and double on hit MS from PD and TF greatly reduce his vulnerability when there are no dashable units around.

EDIT: As expected, the standard crit Yasuo build is pretty much completely untouched. Also feels a bit smoother to play for some reason, but might be just my imagination.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Yorick rework.. what can i say...

I found a new jungler to mess around with. Yeah i feel that he's better in the woods than he is in the lane considering how safe and how sustained he clears, and his ganks for a non-gap closing champion isn't half bad.

Still they need to fix his Darkrai lookahile ghoul. I ran into problems playing with it yesterday.

Years
  • From my small experience of playing against the new Yorick.. I have no idea what his rework was supposed to accomplish. He is still oppressive thanks to his ghouls, especially if he hits E, you can't fight him at level 6 because the damage he has with maiden, and he is still useless late game outside of using his ultimate for 1 unhealthy niche. It used to make you have 2 ADCs and gave them a short revive if they died, and now it's just crazy splitpushing. Old Yorick could jungle (and even counterjungle, he was the king of 1v1, the best win lane lose game champion, so of course it carried over to the jungle) before anyway, so that's nothing new honestly. All they did was trade one unhealthy gimmick for another and gave him a VU.

Anyway.... Been trying to pick up Riven recently since I need top laners since Yasuo has 60% ban rate. Been 1v1ing with my friend a lot to learn and she really isn't as braindead as I thought she was to play. It might look like she is rolling her face on the keyboard, but what she actually did was wait for the perfect time to go in and then animation cancel every single AA with a spell to speed up damage.

EDIT PS: Just got Diamond 5 today and also got a Penta with Yasuo ^^

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Can i have a little bit of that "OMG Xin you're such a beast as a carry bruiser Jungler. When you use your mains in Xin and Jax, I get turned on and i feel like i wanna suck some of that.. i mean I wanna eat some steak and spicy waffles with you :3"

j/k

XAl61wq.jpg

Our Yorick kinda shat on the enemy Riven and our Kog'Maw didn't build Wits End like a good Kog'maw should have.

My keystone mastery for this game was Grasp since i felt like i needed to be a little bulky or have some sort of healing since I wasn't planning on getting BortK, so the sustained Deeps would be less.

Just trying out something with Jax. I kinda screwed up the build by going 5/5 into veteran scars instead of 5/5 Runic shields in the resolve three. The items I was going for should give everyone an idea on what i was going for (Hextech Gunblade and Ravenous Hydra for the infinite amounts of spellvamp 5/5 Runic Shields would mean that 8% extra self healing from Regen, lifesteal, and all other vamping and leech effects. I went as far as going 5/5 in Vampirism instead of Natural Talent since that's what most people who play Jax usually get for that extra AD and AP...

If i were to have gotten a Maw of Malmortious, i would have completed the infinite vamping Jax.

EDIT.. Some Rango action since well, we all know that Rengar's being reworked soon.

Sje1qtK.jpg

Its been a while since i played a really good Rengar game when i would usually suck so hard at him these days.

Duo'd with a friend who played Trundle. He needed a game before his afternoon beauty sleep. Surprisingly, he got toxic when the game didn't want to end and our Draven kept split pushing instead of helping the team.

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Has anyone seen the new champion? Ivern, the Green Father. Seems like we might support jungler champions returning what with the internal testing on Nunu in PBE.

Years
  • Ivern will not be viable with that kit. He cannot clear his first camp until 2:35 minutes into the game, and creating a grove costs him 174 out of 580 health at level 1 so he cannot even setup many camps to instaclear them. He will be shut down by counterjungling super hard too.

His utility as support doesn't look that great either. He is going to be a busted or UP type of champion.

EDIT: Played a few ranked games in D5, jfc people here are so boosted. D5 really IS the real elo hell. ER-Shiv-Dominik Lucian, Runic Echo-TF-Titanic Shaco, both in 1 game, on my team, with my entire team solo while enemy team had 2 duos. Just what? Guess I'm just gonna quit at D5 and not bother climbing further.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Yey bumps.

Ivern's design and kit in my personal opinion feels like Riot's attempt at making a different feeling champion. I guess they took the direction of "Different" into a tangent that even I can't comprehend with the sheer levels of WTFckery that Ivern is supposed to be. There seems to be no clear purpose to him whatsoever other than the pretty cool thing of sharing Buffs between the team's carries. Also, Daisy - Ivern's ulti is kinda cool though.

Yorick, Ivern, Annie in the same team though. It be cool to make a mass unit summoning team comp ;)

Okay, so Patch 6.19 (After worlds patch) was already mentioned and i wanna ask how you people feel about Kogmaw being "reverted" back to his old self with the changes to his Q and W?

Personally, I'm going to miss Kog'Maw. The power fantasy of attacking at 5.0 attack speed and basically just facerolling everyone was the big reason why I played him EVEN IN THE JUNGLE because of lul reasons.

Also, lul D5. I remember my first venture into that tier. Its not a fun experience since a lot of people especially those who are fresh into the tier are quite boosted, often with negative positivity mind you. Its even worse that since its near end of the season, with worlds on its way, most people who are still serious in climbing up have already reached their own "peak", while those at D5 are some sandbaggers who just want to make sure that they get their lovely diamond border.

Then again, PH Diamond 5 is even worse than other region's Diamond 5 considering the amount of boosted or bought accounts who manage to sneak their way into the tier.. my Plat smurf with the solo preference and its crazy ass MMR is currently sh*t wrecking D5-D4 players though. We have players who do anything for money and yeah sadly, I've ran into some games where my own High elo friends were enjoying their boosting services.

Last edited:
    Years
  • URF my favorite game mode is back..... and it sucks giant ***.

I own 90+ champpions, that means my chance of getting useless champions while others have dedicated OP champion accounts is really low. Not to mention games are decided by champion rolls.

And of course custom games are disabled so can't even play blind pick URF. Riot really wants URF to lose popularity so it isn't as good as the actual game I guess.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Ascension and Definitely not Dominon are the best game modes. I don't really care about the rest.

ps: kog'maw deserved to die

Years
  • Riot ruined Ascension IMO with the Ascension changes. I rarely saw anybody go for Ascension (you know the namesake of the mode) because all it did was get you low so enemy team can clean you up and take it. DND is just a worse Ascension IMO and I don't like it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Dominion was always my favourite game mode before it got removed! I'm just glad that they have Definitely not Dominion and Ascension now. They're definitely the featured game modes I look forward to the most.

I haven't played League in a few months so coming back to see All Random URF was a nice surprise. I really like it! Sometimes the games are complete facerolls but I enjoy it because it's fun and chaotic. I like the All Random element as it gives me the chance to play champions I haven't really used before. It's definitely a nice change from Normal PVP.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Oh hello you triggered and boosted pessimistic variants of mandkind! : D

I just realized right now that post-patch Kog'Maw isn't that bad to be completely honest.

Sure, there's no longer the attack speed cap breaking with his W, but having experienced playing a couple of games with a friend of mine, who's a Diamond 2 Kog'Maw (ADC) Main, he pretty much made Kog'maw work in both Bot lane and even Jungle. Given that he's a Kog maw main since the dawn of time, it was expected of him to just mega REKT his lane with the post patch Kog'maw.

Its really the items that Kog'Maw can that that are really carrying him. Trinity Force, ESPECIALLY THIS CURRENT VERSION OF IT, basically just made "Traditional" or post patch Kog'maw quite deadly honestly. And runaan's is still a great item on him, which this current form of Runaans is defintiely far superior than the aeons old days of old Runaans.

Kog W with BORK and Bloodrazor though. Yep. my Diamond 2 friend still made Red Smite bot lane Kog'Maw work. He was just that good I was wondering why my friend isn't in Challenger or even playing for a pro team, considering his Deft level mechanics.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • ARURF is something indeed. Got Nasus (never played him before) but it only took me like two seconds to realize that I could just spam E and win LOL

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Oh lookie.. a Victorious skin based from a champion that had such a dominant time in the Spring Splits of Season 6, especially being part of the top lane tank trinity of Maokai, Poppy, and Tank Ekko until the nerfs to said champions and Grasp of the Undying popped in patches later.

GJ Rito. When Maokai's been nerfed, though admittedly he's still good, but only when one can play him like a real fckin man can. (Like me, Jungle Maokai with Runic MANchoes is OP and can help you hyper carry your boosted team)

That said, Championship Zed is within the same case. Such as strong showing in this Season in typical ranked or even normals, then gets nerfs that made him pretty much unworkable in higher elo because "AP MAGES TOO GOOD! AP MID PLZ OR WE DODGE AND REPORT U!!!" since Zed can't handle against the strong AP Laners like he used to. Those Damn Q nerfs. Then again, Zed can still be strong though. It just takes a ton more effort to win games with him.

Back