• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • Nola/Slayr and I are in a loading screen right now. Of course we got a troll. Chose Thresh jg. Can't wait to see how this works out. First game Nidalee in PvP.
    Just an update:

We lost.

The Thresh didn't jungle. Instead, he went bottom lane, which forced our Blitz to abandon being a support and go to top. The Thresh wouldn't group up, let our ADC die when he could have thrown a lantern, and just wandered around the map causing trouble until he got killed. I reported him after the game.

As for the rest of the team, I did very well in mid being Galio, and Rengar chose to be Nidalee up top, struggled a bit early game, but came back late game for some pretty decent plays. I thought we had a pretty dang good chance of winning until our ADC just left. I don't know if it was internet problems or what, but we were pretty much screwed from there on out.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    When you say it was jungle Thresh, did he actually say he was jungling or did he just pick Smite as a spell? A lot of higher level Thresh players choose smite as a support in order to quickly kill a minion and thread a hook through where it stood before the enemies can react so it's not an overly trolly thing to do. If however he was trolling then I hate those kinds of people, I'm sorry you guys had to deal with one XD

As a random note I'd love to play with some of you guys after chatting here, my name is Ryudo Squirrel if anyone wants to add me :)

Years
  • I'm really getting tired of this game

My team's logic: Let's focus the fed Shen with a Thornmail - we're all aa champs (Weird team comp) - over a fed kat with just full ap items and a down ga, or an underfed sivir with nothing.
    My team's logic: Rengar, backdoor mid. They're all pushing mid.
    My logic: Let's all group mid, and win a teamfight. Leona, get your stun off once. Please.

My final score that game: 18/8/11. 168 CS. Most wards bought in game. Most wards placed. Most towers taken. Most dragon kills, solo. Most dragon kills, total. In the end: Did best in the game, couldn't carry team.
    Zed final score (My team) - 15/15/2 91 CS. 2 wards bought, 4 placed. 0 objectives.
    Leona - 4/13/7. 0 wards bought (As a supp....), 1 wards placed (ffs), 1 dragon with team, about 2 useful ults all game. Most useless supp.

You know who our adc was? Me. As Rengar. I stomped lane. Demolished it. Got 4 man ganked. Got out alive, and got 3 kills. I was fed af, but my team sucked so bad, I couldn't carry them.

I just can't win games. My mmr has dropped like hell because of the loses, and I can't get a win now because the teammates I get with suck so much due to my low mmr, I can't pull out a victory. Me and my friend are both in the same predicament, and when we play together our mmr is so bad we get b5s on our team like crazy, and wayy to many trolls. We just need to win 1 game, and make our mmr go up just a bit, then start being able to carry more, and then just snowball our way back into the game. Even if my team is doing bad in these games, I outsmart the enemies and outplay them so much that I win almost every fight. I saw the enemy sivir chase after when I was at half health, all the way down lane. I just stealthed, activated ghostblade, and 1 shot her while she was chasing me. I did the same thing to Azir. It wasn't even funny how good I did that game. Every life was a killing spree for me pretty much. I think I had like 2 or 3 where I didn't even get a kill or anything, I just got picked out fast. I got focused all game. They wouldn't start a teammfight if I wasn't there. They were too scared of me appearing behind them all, taking out their adc or kat, and running away in an instant, and then coming back around the font, and picking off someone else, and then focusing down the Shen to easily be able to pick off the last enemy alive. The only enemy that could 1v1 me that game was Shen. I won every duel because my damage output was way higher than any of them. I was level 18 at the end. The highest leveled enemies were Kat and Shen both at 18. The lowest enemy level was 11 (Azir). Enemy Yi was 13, and Sivir was 15. Our Leona was level 10. Zed was 16, our Yi was 17, and our Xin was 9... I just.. I... bahhhh I hate teammates. I probably could have done better that game without teammates, tbh.
    I don't want to be rude, but with these kinds of things, it's kind of a wasn't there; don't care thing. Same reason people get muted.

Years
  • thats partly why I hate the points system, like, I know they cant just manually grade people on their in-game performances but surely there must be some tweaks they can do? theres not always something you can do, one guy cannot solo carry 1v5, thats just impossible.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Just an update:

We lost.

The Thresh didn't jungle. Instead, he went bottom lane, which forced our Blitz to abandon being a support and go to top. The Thresh wouldn't group up, let our ADC die when he could have thrown a lantern, and just wandered around the map causing trouble until he got killed. I reported him after the game.

As for the rest of the team, I did very well in mid being Galio, and Rengar chose to be Nidalee up top, struggled a bit early game, but came back late game for some pretty decent plays. I thought we had a pretty dang good chance of winning until our ADC just left. I don't know if it was internet problems or what, but we were pretty much screwed from there on out.
    Yeah, that game was fun, even though we lost. Nola and I did pretty good, couldn't carry though. I kinda fed Darius at the start, and from there he just snowballed.

Years
  • I just started muting everyone on the first sign of negativity. Also i stopped playing this game seriously at all, and yet i still get KD of usually 10/5 and the like, maybe cause i mute so many people and focus on just making plays even if we lose though. When i reach level 30 i will try to get Gold 5 for the end of season rewards, but after that i prob won't play ranked at all, not worth.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Just gunna throw this out there bc i havent yet, my IGN: Drderpins on NA

If anyone is interested in duo or just playing some normals im down.

I think it's okay to take this game seriously, but only to a certain degree. You have to have a certain level of chill so when you get trolled you can just calmly deal with it and move on to the next game. Always try to play with a friend. ALWAYS. It doesn't just mean more fun and getting to know that friend more, it also means you dont "need to carry feeders and trolls" as hard as you think you do, because your friend is all like "yo man i got phat stacks of these cseseses, let's go **** up a fed adc by going 4 bot.

In other news, been practicing Eve lately. One game we had a skilled TF against first time azir, camped him and got him fed. Bot lane fed Jinx 15/2. We shut her down and she was something like 16/15 end game. (i gave her the one extra kill ;-;) But you need to have hope and believe that just because someone is already fed as hell doesn't mean you can shut them down. You just need help and resilience.

Talon

Years
  • Still practicing up my Riven and Nidalee. So far so good on both. I'm having trouble with laning with Riven still, any tips? Also with Riven, I've been having LOADS of trouble with the wall jump and animation canceling.
    Nidalee is a bit different of a story. I don't know what to do in teamfights with her, and my early laning is pretty bad. I also can't hit spears worth a ****.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Nidalee is a bit different of a story. I don't know what to do in teamfights with her, and my early laning is pretty bad. I also can't hit spears worth a ****.
    As far as I know her role in a team fight is to split-push another lane so half their team has to come deal with you whilst your team deals with the rest. That's how I've always seen her played at least, never really seen a Nidalee join in a team fight.

Talon

Years
  • As far as I know her role in a team fight is to split-push another lane so half their team has to come deal with you whilst your team deals with the rest. That's how I've always seen her played at least, never really seen a Nidalee join in a team fight.

Makes sense. That's what I've always seen too.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Still practicing up my Riven and Nidalee. So far so good on both. I'm having trouble with laning with Riven still, any tips? Also with Riven, I've been having LOADS of trouble with the wall jump and animation canceling.
    I've never played Riven, so I can only help by what I know from going up against her several times.

From what I've seen, she doesn't have the strongest wave clear. Her laning phase consists of aa the minions and when her opponent comes close, punish them with your abilities. Riven is a lane bully, and can force people out very easily. She can't out cs people if they're constantly in the lane, so just be sure to keep harassing your lane opponent, and you should be good to go.

Talon

Years
  • I've never played Riven, so I can only help by what I know from going up against her several times.

From what I've seen, she doesn't have the strongest wave clear. Her laning phase consists of aa the minions and when her opponent comes close, punish them with your abilities. Riven is a lane bully, and can force people out very easily. She can't out cs people if they're constantly in the lane, so just be sure to keep harassing your lane opponent, and you should be good to go.

She actually has some pretty strong wave clear if she chooses to do that. Her Q and W are both AoE, and her 2nd ult activation will clear 2-3 waves clustered up in an instant, and with her ult on a 30 second cooldown, and lasting for 15, she can kinda just spam it whenever she feels like it. She's a HUGE lane bully, but the problem is, against ranged champions, she just gets punished, as they can poke her down without her even getting close. With champions like Nidalee, Ryze, and Jayce coming more into meta, she's going out just because they counter her so easily. I can actually deal very easily with Ryze, because most of them don't seem to know how to click on me. Her big problem in laning is that she can't poke without going full in. If she goes for some poke, in the end she'll probably use her full combo, except her ult. Her early cooldowns are kinda long, so poking at levels 1-3 isn't really a viable option. That's my problem with her. I can't pick the right times to poke and when not too.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I picked up Nocturne and I'm currently trying to learn how to jungle.

Holy crap, jungling is hard. I can clear the camps no problem, but the real trouble is with ganking. It seems everyone wants their opponent to be constantly ganked, and if you're not ganking them, then you're a crappy jungler (well, I am a crappy jungler, but I'm working on it). It's a lot to have in mind as you try to balance farming, ganking, and just overall map awareness. Heck, even if I decide not to be a jungler once I give this a good go, I'll at least have way better map awareness.

Years
  • I picked up Nocturne and I'm currently trying to learn how to jungle.

Holy crap, jungling is hard. I can clear the camps no problem, but the real trouble is with ganking. It seems everyone wants their opponent to be constantly ganked, and if you're not ganking them, then you're a crappy jungler (well, I am a crappy jungler, but I'm working on it). It's a lot to have in mind as you try to balance farming, ganking, and just overall map awareness. Heck, even if I decide not to be a jungler once I give this a good go, I'll at least have way better map awareness.

With jungling, for me, theres 3 main options: Farming, Ganking, and Counter-Jungling.

all have their own risks/rewards.

Ganking means kills, which gives your laners free time to farm/push not to mention the gold bonus for killing another player. But a kill on a gank is NEVER guaranteed, not only that, sometimes, ganking can get either yourself killed or your laner killed (even if they're asking for the gank in the first place)

Farming your own jungle is an option that guarantees you gold income. This is really good for champions who require their ultimates for strong ganks (like Nocturne, or more noteably, Warwick and Rengar), this method is also good for farming Feral Flare stacks, and mo9st of the time, its just outright safer to just farm your jungle. The drawbacks to this are if you get counterjungled, you're going to get noticeably behind, also because you are fasrming your jungle, you bring very little to the team as you are not ganking.

Counterjungling involves some map awareness, buff timer knowledge, and warding. In addition to either ganking or farming your own jungle, if you see the enemy jungler ganking a lane, this opens an opportunity to deep ward the enemy jungle or go and steal a big creep from one of their creep camps. The drawback to this is if you're found in the enemy jungle, unless your name is Lee sin with a sightstone, consider yourself dead, also this method requires to have an eye on the map at all times as well as investing in wards.

As a jungle main, I can say I am a huge fan of the counterjungling method, purely because I can provide vision for my team, which in turn allows me to either keep the enemy jungler shut down due to me stealing his camps, or I can see where they're going, prewarn my allies, and get ready and in position for a coutergank. Good ward placement can grant your team so much power. Counterjungling can be done with pretty much every champion, wards cost approximately 1 creep camp, and you should buy one every time you go back, whether you ward for your ally, or ward offensively into their jungle.

I am at the stage where I am learning to control enemy vision as well as my own, learning where and when to place pink wards, when to get a sweeper (becasue 95% of the time i will start with the warding trinket). Basically itst the idea of granting your team vision, while denying the enemy team vision. I am desperately trying to learn to do this effectively.

Earlier I mentioned buff timers, this can also include Dragon and Baron Nashor.

For the purpose of learning timers, I would switch on chat timestamps, using the timestamps can allow you to better effectively work out the respawn times of certain camps. but anyway, heres the stuff you need to know:

Regular camps (Wolves, Wraiths, Golems and Wight): 1 minute
    Buff camps (Red buff, Blue buff): 5 Minutes (take a note of these especially when counterjungling)
    Epic camps (Dragon, Baron Nashor):6 Minutes for Dragon, 7 Minutes for Baron Nashor.
    These are called Epic camps because they are immune to crowd control effects, they take reduced damage and they have attacks which WILL reduce your damage further if you're tanking them, with the exception of true damage sources (smite, consume, feast etc)

FYI: ALL neutral monsters will focus the target which is closest to them

I hope some of what I posted helps with your jungling perdicament.
    oh, and you might want to ignore quite a lot of your allies before the game starts, Junglers are notoriously flamed a lot even though 80% of the time its genuinely not their fault...

Talon

Years
  • a85cc58a3512d2d13224104585d93ccb1d0fd9987918a90ea3224436c3d0c4f3.jpg

Welcome to the jungle,
    Where all there is blame.
    You'll learn to live like an animal,
    And always mute your team.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I now know how that feels like never before.

I've played two games so far today. The first one I did really well, having three very successful ganks, and my teammates were winning their lanes, so that helps too. We won that game easily. The second one wasn't so good. I tried a few ganks, but ended up giving the enemy Katarina some free kills. I'll never underestimate her ability to shred down my entire health bar when she has half health again, that's for sure. I'm just thankful that our Xin was getting twice as many kills as Katarina, and we took her down quickly once the team fights started happening. The enemy jungler was a Twitch, so I had some miscalculations when I ulted for a kill, and ended up being outnumbered when the Twitch popped out of ambush. We still won, but I think I did more harm than good that game, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I just started muting everyone on the first sign of negativity. Also i stopped playing this game seriously at all, and yet i still get KD of usually 10/5 and the like, maybe cause i mute so many people and focus on just making plays even if we lose though. When i reach level 30 i will try to get Gold 5 for the end of season rewards, but after that i prob won't play ranked at all, not worth.
    Awfully optimistic to assume you can get Gold 5 if you're not even level 30 yet.

Years
  • Awfully optimistic to assume you can get Gold 5 if you're not even level 30 yet.

I have been playing since Varus release in Season 2 and have 4 level 30 accounts on different servers :) . Sadly NA and Oceania both lag and EUW is constantly having issues, so i needed to make another account on EUNE.

Talon

Years
  • I guess it's about time I shoot for g5 to get the end of season rewards, but I don't want to get dropped into b1 and then never be able to get out.

Back