• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leapfrog

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Leapfrog was a gaming system mostly played on a book pad like console. But, over the years, Leapfrog has evolved into its own digital gaming consoles such as the Leapfrog djdj.

Here's a picture:
    Leapfrog

Leapfrog still exists to this day and do still make educational game systems for kids. Did any of you ever play Leapfrog games as a kid? To those here who do have children, would you consider getting your child a Leapfrog console?

I did play Leapfrog games as a kid, but only the interactive storybooks. It shocked me to learn they made handheld game consoles in the late 2000s. Didn't know they did those sorts of things. Btw, the interactive story book games came w/a cartridge and a book. I know they don't do that anymore, but talking about it makes me feel somewhat nostalgic.

pkmin3033

I think my brother actually has two of these - one handheld (a Leapster, I think it's called?) and one TV console - but I had a VTech laptop when I was a kid. I'm not sure Leapfrog was even a thing in this country when I was that age, haha.

The games for Leapfrog are pretty impressive though - he has Sonic, The Lion King, Thomas, and Bob the Builder at least...think there might be a Toy Story one too. Considering how fiercely protective companies are over their IPs I'm surprised so many licensed games could make it to such a low-key platform...and they're fairly good quality too!

Back