• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Learning RM2K(3)... MADE EASY!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    I came across the coolest program ever. Too bad it's not free. This was the idea I alluded to a while back. Here's a preview of what I can do! This tutorial is for adding/editing heros in the database! Note: it's a preview, so I still have a lot of editing to do!

HTML Version

Flash Version

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    It moves really slow. that's the downfall. Though I suppose if someone was doing the steps then looknig back at the flash thing, then it's too fast. Maybe you should have a pause and play button.

One more thing; when you do another one, I hope you do more than just what you covered. That is very basic and easy to figure out.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Yeah, I realize that :)

I was just experimenting with the program. Maybe a play/pause would be good... I'll work on that. Thanks for the feedback!

What would you guys like to see a visual tutorial on? I'll make one!

And in the future I plan on making one for the team project, for installing/editing it. That would be cool :)

DragonX

Creator of Rainbow Isles
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2005
    that's a great idea. It would probably help alot of people, It would be better than comments in rm2k3

I have a question, are you operating rm2k on the mac in that demo thing, or did you just mod window's skin?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    I modded Windows. Macs are so much more stylish, don't you think? I wrote a whole tutorial in the Technical Institute about it :) BTW, when you see me clicking on a blank spot on my desktop in the beginning, that's the dock on the bottom that didn't show up for some reason...

Glad you like it ;)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The HTML version didn't seems slow at all for me.
    Checking flash....
    Flash version's much more faster.

Years
    Maybe how to make a Battle System??

Well I was wondering if you could show me how to make a battle system??
    I know how to possibly do everything but how to make a battle system!!

hehehe....and for ppl that think " oh he can't do it because hes to noob!!"

well ur right...hehehe...not exactly tough, because i do know how to everything else...

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Well I hope you're not torn down by n00b cracks. Peopel use that term all the time. It's ok if you can't make some things. About all I Can do in RM2K and its sequals is map, make my own charsets, chipsets, and other importable things like that.

Then of course I can do a few events that are tougher than just showing a message typew of thing only becasue Darkmage31 graciously answered some event questions of mine.

Thanks by the the way Dark. Anyway, I guess I never really said it was good. Well it is. Really a good idea. Simple but somehow no one has ever come up with it... Good luck!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Thanks! :)

Anyway, no one has requested a visual tutorial yet. I've been working on one that shows you how to distribute a game without RTP. Does that sound good?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    YES IT DOES. Many new people to RM2K/3 ask that. Maybe you can do a tutorial on
    the battle system later when the variables and switches are put together.

Brendan Trainer

Let's battle!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    :o This is the part where I say "wow! just what I needed!" I don't want to wait to get the pkmn battle system and then I have to modify it to make it suitable for my game...

And yes, adding/editing heros is very basic...

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Wow! I just read this post and saw the html version, and it helped alot! Thanks.
    I now can start making an RM2K game. *ponders* I'll try my best :)

Back