• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite cave?

Years
  • Caves - They are an obstacle all Pokemon trainers must overcome on the journeys, but caves can be downright annoying! Wild Pokemon encounters so frequent, Trainers barging in on you, forgetting Repels and HM Slaves, yes caves are so annoying!

What is your least favorite cave in the Pokemon games and why?

My most hated caves would have to be:

Mt. Coronet (Sinnoh) - So many wild Pokemon and this cave seems like a maze and it takes forever to get out when you need to go somewhere like, Snowpoint City.

Twist Mountain (Unova) - Woobats, Boldores and Gurdurrs always interrupt me when I traverse this confusing cave. I have only encountered one Cryogonal there and I have never seen any since, plus I don't play during winter. Trainers usually have to explore here twice just to get to the Substitute TM and a Metal Coat during winter, Substitute is still a TM I would never use.

Chargestone Cave (Unova) - This cave is like a Boldore overload! Also, Team Plasma are battled here on the first run which makes it slightly more difficult. At least Professor Juniper gives you a Lucky Egg and you also get to catch Ferroseed, Joltik and Tynamo there.

Dark Cave (Johto) - DAMN YOU WOBBUFFETS!

Granite Cave (Hoenn) - Always requires Flash and finding Steven was so hard with all those wild Pokemon.

Ice Path (Johto) - I hate sliding on ice cos it's so difficult to know the direction.

All Victory Roads - Wild Pokemon overload, so many tough Trainers. At least you can battle Cheren in Unova's Victory Road for extra experience, same with Wally in Hoenn.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In Kanto: Rock Tunnel (needing Flash to get through was annoying)

In Johto: Dark Cave and Ice Cave (the former needs Flash and the latter had very hard ice puzzles)

In Hoenn: not sure

In Sinnoh: Mt. Coronet (it's a maze in there!)

In Unova: Mistralton Cave (annoying because it needed Flash, and even more annoying that it's the only place where Axew can be found)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That cave under the cycling road in Sinnoh, hands down. I got lost there once because I tried it out without the likes of Flash. Not the best decision in hindsight but it took ages to get out. =( Plus no bike when you have to team up with that person there too! Ugggh. Not a fun challenge, that.

I liked places like Dark Cave (the music!), any place with Ice puzzles because for some reason I like those and some of the victory roads; just like navigating those for some reason.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Rock Tunnel in Kanto, having to use Flash is one thing unless you can get through by memorizing the path . . . But also being flooded by Zubats and the length of the cave is just ridiculous.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Well definitely Twist Mountain and every Victory Road except the Unova one. Probably the cave you meet the girl who got lost in the maze like cave in Sinnoh and the Rock Tunnel and Cerulean Cave in HG/SS. They're not very difficult to get through but there's so many paths that it takes forever to explore the entire cave thoroughly.

Conaire

Psychobilly Punk
    Years
  • Not even one person mentioned the cave I have hated the most out of every pokemon game.
    Mt. Moon.
    The zubats man, the ZUBATS!
    Oh and Mt.Coronet, I hated the spam of pokemon I would get, every step.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The first thing that came to mind was Diglett's Cave in Kanto. Not really sure why, as it's pretty unobjectionable and doesn't even contain Zubats. But it's that complete monotony that separates it from all the other caves, to be honest. And it's ridiculously short. Say what you will about Rock Tunnel and Dark Cave, but you can get some pretty interesting critters in each of those. Digglet's Cave? Well, it's paradise if you like 2 Pokemon... not much else if you don't.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    "Don't even think about trying anything in the dark!"

Only redeeming feature of Rock Tunnel. I hate that place. Stupid flash and random Zubats and furries cosplayers. And it's so long.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • I don't like any caves, except maybe GSC/HGSS Union Cave, cause most of it was optional and the path you had to go through to get to Azelea wasn't really long.

I think my most hated one is probably the Gen3 Victory Road.

BTW, why do the people in the Pokemon world connect their cities with sinister caves? How are those who're not trainers supposed to go from one city to another?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • RBY Victory Road takes the cake here. Chargestone is second, only cause if you have a Fire or Ground type, you'll be okay. But in Yellow, I've been stuck in Victory Road for God knows how long. It's just ass.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Chargestone is annoying, but I'm only gonna consider gen 1 in my answer cause I don't wanna bother remembering all the others lol. Anyways the most annoying for me was def Victory Road and Mt. Moon, even though I loved the place, I was always struggling with the dark part.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Unova's Victory Road does me in every time. I either get super lost, or I die. Not black out, but completely destroyed by the multitude of Pokemon in there and how surprisingly strong the trainers are.

Chargestone, but ONLY when it's the first visit involving Team Plasma, after that, I love most of the Pokemon in there, so I usually have fun exploring.

Shoal Cave in Hoenn is pretty annoying, too. So is Cave of Origin. Both are just super annoying to me. One is too dark, the other too populated and unpredictable (to me).

Finally, Rock Tunnel in Kanto. HAVING to go get Flash and go through so MANY trainers is just a hassle.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Mt. Moon in R/B/G/Y/Fr/Lg. It's just boring after the amount of times I've gone through it.

clayblue

clayblue
    Years
    • uk
    • Seen Jun 17, 2013
    pokemon fire red rock tunnel was definatly my worst as it was my first game and i didnt know how to get flash i had just a charmeleon in i was stuck in there for 3 hours lost with no escape ropes good thing i had patience and i got a charizard half way through or that would have been a nightmare

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Rock Tunnel in Kanto. The first time I went through there I didn't have a Pokemon with flash or any repels. Sometimes I'd even encounter a Zubat after taking only one step!

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Rock tunnel -_-

that is all.
    I didn't find Chargestone cave very hard at all and I know mount. moon like the back of my hand by now.

Back