• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Characters in the Anime?

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I really hated Tracey, drawing pokemon and girls.. what a creep. Plus he was just overall pathetic looking. (Not to mention his pokemon sucked..)
    I've also started hating Team Rocket lately, mainly due to their constant rhyming of words with one another and with many of the D/P episodes centering around them doing something just to end with Piplup and Pikachu blasting them off.. yawn!
    Oh and speaking of Piplup, I love the actual pokemon, just not Dawn's Piplup who was just annoying as hell, always craving attention and whatnot.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Jessie and James. God. They are so annoying! I know this is fictional, but come on! If Victreebel and Carnivine bit James' head as much as they were portrayed to do, he'd be seriously injured! As well as their whole 'blasting off' thing. First of all, it is so repetitive and you always know it's going to happen at some point, and second of all, they'd be DEAD. You can't fall from thousands of feet in the air several times weekly and not die. It was so boring, even Ash was like 'Just take care of it, Pikachu.' Cause everyone knows it's gonna happen if they show up!

And wouldn't they get arrested for stalking kids? Harrassment?

ANYWAY,

And all of the girls, besides Misty. Misty was cool with me. :)

And Barry and Kenny. Barry was spazzy way too much of the time, and Kenny's voice bothered me.

So that's my rant. :)

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I haven't watched any of the Isshu/Unova eps yet, so I'm going to say Jessie and James and Meowth. Urrrgh. Just, URRRGH. Their schemes are so ridiculous that once I hear what insane scheme they're gonna do next I die a little inside. However, when they do something that isn't completely STUPID, I can tolerate them just fine.

They are escaping instead of blasting off.
    Really?? Good, that ticked me off too. WE NEED CHANGE.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Tracey - He was just a boring character with not much depth to him.

Kenny - A total waste of a rival. I always felt like Ursala deserved his spot.

Takuto - He was just an obvious plot tool that the writers used to ensure Ash's loss in the SL.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    Team Rocket- I LOATHE them with all my heart, and I enjoy scene of them being pummeled, shocked, burned, and sent blasting off.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    ^ I enjoyed those as well. It's too damn bad that they became boring all of a sudden though. Now I just skip over their scenes or more like I will.

Steel*

Years
    ^ I enjoyed those as well. It's too damn bad that they became boring all of a sudden though. Now I just skip over their scenes or more like I will.
    Boring all of a sudden? When was it ever fun to watch Team Rocket or listen to their intro? I just think there should have been another way to fill a whole episode than seeing Team Rocket do their usual shenanigans.

Spoiler:

^ I think that's correct.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    ^ True. They were entertaining and the stuff about how they got to where they are added nice character details. I <3 how TR used to be, and their portrayal in Best Wishes intrigues me so far.
    Between those time, they got on my nerves a bit. /understatement

Years
    It has to be Piplup, that thing was such a screen-hog. Piplup got way too much screentime just to randomly spout off its name, it was worst than Pikachu. It was a terrible mascot for the 4th Generation, and I hated it with a passion. They tried to make Piplup come off as another "cute yet tough" Pokemon, but they did a terrible job and ended up just annoying a large percentage of the viewers. You can't forget how neglected some of Dawn's Pokemon were because of this issue.

It seems like Kibago has taken Piplup's role in Best Wishes, but it's not nearly as annoying. Probably because Iris doesn't get as much screentime as Dawn did when she first appeared. Kibago may be weak right now, but it's nice to see that it wants to get more powerful and evolve.

Last edited:

Steel*

Years
    ^ It was fun to when they had episodes centered around them.
    ^ True. They were entertaining and the stuff about how they got to where they are added nice character details. I <3 how TR used to be, and their portrayal in Best Wishes intrigues me so far.
    Between those time, they got on my nerves a bit. /understatement
    Well, that was just my opinion and so is this, but it was NEVER fun to me. Team Rocket's best episode from memory would be the one in which they were first introduced. I'm not sure how long ago either of you have seen season 1, 2, or 3, but seeing the same old stuff (introduction, plot to steal pokemon, blasting off, etc.) got boring fast, especially when you watch marathons of old episodes like I have done and still do. Conclusion: how Team Rocket used to be and how they are in the future won't convince me that they aren't annoying as I perceive them to be; not enough has changed. I might be able to live with them if they appeared once in a while, but no more than that.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Well, you asked my opinion of when they were fun and I responded. It wasn't any kind of an attack on your opinion. Anyway, I watch the old episode on Boomerang almost everyday so yeah. Yesterday was how long ago.

Steel*

Years
    Well, you asked my opinion of when they were fun and I responded. It wasn't any kind of an attack on your opinion. Anyway, I watch the old episode on Boomerang almost everyday so yeah. Yesterday was how long ago.
    It was more of a rhetorical question and I know you were just expressing yours (not attacking mine), but you always SEEM to counter my statements wherever I post. It doesn't bother me; in fact it's actually a good thing because it keeps the discussion alive, which I'm looking for over here. I'm not sure how old of an episode you saw, but I was talking about as early as season 1 and 2, which I just finished re-watching recently. I have seen parts of the newer arcs, but not the whole season of each. I don't need to watch the whole season to know what will happen:
    Spoiler:
    It doesn't mean I won't watch every episode; I'm curious to know what happened all the way to Best Wishes, which I'm debating whether or not I should watch in the future. Least favorite characters in that arc just by looking at it: Iris (for her very strange hairstyle that's out of this world in a negative way; I thought Jessie's hairstyle was weird, but Iris takes it to a whole new level) and Dento (for replacing Brock and looking rather strange for a guy; I rather have Tracey back than that new guy).

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Steel* said:
    It was more of a rhetorical question and I know you were just expressing yours (not attacking mine), but you always SEEM to counter my statements wherever I post. It doesn't bother me; in fact it's actually a good thing because it keeps the discussion alive, which I'm looking for over here.

Oh.

I'm not sure how old of an episode you saw, but I was talking about as early as season 1 and 2, which I just finished re-watching recently.

I was talking about season two and season three.

I have seen parts of the newer arcs, but not the whole season of each. I don't need to watch the whole season to know what will happen:
    Spoiler:
    It doesn't mean I won't watch every episode; I'm curious to know what happened all the way to Best Wishes, which I'm debating whether or not I should watch in the future. Least favorite characters in that arc just by looking at it: Iris (for her very strange hairstyle that's out of this world in a negative way; I thought Jessie's hairstyle was weird, but Iris takes it to a whole new level) and Dento (for replacing Brock and looking rather strange for a guy; I rather have Tracey back than that new guy).
    [/quote]

I agree with most of this.

Steel*

Years
    Oh.

I was talking about season two and season three.

I agree with most of this.
    I don't expect people to agree with my statements on Iris and Dento, but those are just my first impressions of them, and so I may grow accustomed to them whenever I finally reach the Best Wishes arc. Well, like I said before: Team Rocket isn't different in the early seasons and hardly changes down the line, which is why I find them a waste of time.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Steel* said:
    I don't expect people to agree with my statements on Iris and Dento, but those are just my first impressions of them, and so I may grow accustomed to them whenever I finally reach the Best Wishes arc. Well, like I said before: Team Rocket isn't different in the early seasons and hardly changes down the line, which is why I find them a waste of time.

It's because people like them really quickly. It's always nice to see people not like them though and not treat them as though they are the best things ever.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    Ash, all of his friends, all of his soon to be friends, all of his friends that went away, and all of their Pokemon. And all the gym leaders. And all the Pokemon that are awesome, but have stupid cries. Jessie James, and Jigglypuff. I mean its just a stupid Pikachu.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I hate the way Dento and Iris look... Hate it hate it hate it.

I like Dawn but I hate her voice. It sounds so Joan Riversy? I dunno it just has that tone that just drives me crazy. And Max was annoying as well.

I like Jesse and James but I never understood why they just didnt go out to that Forest crawling with Pikachu in Pikachus goodbye and just catch one. Or when they did steal a Pokemon, Keep going! They would steal a Pokemon, get out of site, then stop somewhere and observe them. Dumb!

Years
    Jesse and James do annoy me. I hate it when everything is going well, then they appear. I'm surprised they are still alive to be honest. They have flewn into the air like 2 million times now and landed. In reality, you'd die. I know it's a cartoon, but kids aren't stupid. I don't know why they bother. They've attempted to steal Pokemon for like 500 episodes or something now. Kinda ridiculous. But they are sorta amusing.

May and Max. Sorry, but they annoy me!

all the other people Ash travelled with apart from Misty and Brock!

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    As of yet, Shooti is the most irritating character.

Firstly he's a clone of Paul and secondly, his elitist attitude simply pisses me off.
    Just once, I'd like to see my pokemon White team square off against his and I'd enjoy wiping his smugness off his face as I own his pokemon hard.

Back