• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Enemy

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Whatever game you're playing, there's just something you hate fighting. Maybe it's not even fighting them. It could just be the design, or maybe their motive made you hate them. Any reason is fine! So what is your least favorite enemy? Can be from any game! And you can have multiples if you wish. I know I hate a lot.

Legend of Zelda
    - Redeads. Cannot stand them. I would get my sister to fight them, mute the game, save and quit, etc. because I hate them that much. Takes the cake for my least favorite of all time, too.

Tales of the Abyss
    - Birds. Any kind of enemy that's a bird...I probably hate it. They're all...in the air and flying, and just seem to take more hits than necessary to kill them. Birds are supposed to be frail, lol.

Kingdom Hearts
    - Berserkers. I think they stalked me all through The Castle That Never Was. It was just UGH. I didn't really learn the best way to deal with them til my second playthrough of KHII (which I didn't finish, lol. Got to the point RIGHT before Xemnas and stopped). But I can't count how many times I got my ass whooped by these things.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Oh my... Finally somewhere I can rant....

Legend of Dragoon
    Drake the Bandit - I don't have much trouble with him anymore since I can actually do additions, but it still frustrates me because of my first time fighting him. Once he gets to a certain health if you don't finish him before his next turn (and there's NO WAY TO TELL) he'll heal. Since I couldn't do additions he really dragged that battle out.... FOR SIX HOURS. Not even kidding. It was noon when I got into battle with him... by the time I killed him, my dad was just getting home at 6 PM.

Kongol - Again, more difficult for me when I was younger than now but even now he gives me problems. If you want to really damage him of course, you have to complete you additions. But with Kongol there was a catch. You also had to do so to minimize his damage on you. If you missed your additions he would COUNTER YOU. And it HURTS.

Pretty much everything you can ONLY run into on the world map - whether it be the droids or the colored birds or any variation... They have massive HP, you only do one point of damage no matter how long your addition was, and they can outright own you. I don't care what they give you if you manage to kill one. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Psyche Druid - There are no words to describe my hatred for this thing... The most powerful attack item you get is the Psyche Bomb X.... Unlike other attack items this one comes back after every battle (even if, like the others, it can only be used once) Apparently this thing HAS ONE. And you're on a timer to kill it before it uses one. Because if it does, YOU ARE DEAD. 9999 damage to EVERYONE. Yeah. done.

Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht

Gargoyle - This boss is just the incarnation of frustration. He has two little lackeys (called Oudogogues) One of which HEALS HIM REGULARLY. And if you take them out, HE GETS STRONGER. And he also heals himself once when he gets to 25% health. So he is unnecessarily hard. And I died SO MANY TIMES fighting him. Not funny.

Tiamat - Another Ridiculously overpowered Boss. And you have to use Shion, Jr. And chaos to Fight it. And if you haven't really used more than one of these three, this boss is pretty much impossible. I had used 2 out of the three (in all three games) but the one I didn't use was underleveled harshly enough that this boss took me days. Upon days. Upon days.

Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

Armaros(I think) - I just hate this thing because it killed my favorite character. XD

....Okay I think that's enough ranting so far. XD

Years
  • This thread is just going to make me rage thinking about the enemies I hate! XD

Pokemon
    First and formost, Zubats, for this reason:
    Spoiler:

Tales of Symphonia
    I can't remember for the life of me what they were called, but they were these stupid things that cast 'death' on you and just die die automatically unless you have this item where you can't be dealt OHKOs. I raged so much.

Super Mario 3
    Now, this is going back rather far, but I always remember getting angry at the game when I was younger. I had to Google it to remember what the name of the stupid thing was, but Boss Base! ;-;

Resident Evil
    The hunters made me scared, and I don't get scared at games much. The worst part was you could hear them coming, but had NO IDEA WHERE THEY WERE. I just always kept spinning on the spot! XD

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
    Finally, the one thing that annoyed me more than anything in this game, were the Medusa Head's. Why in the name of God, do you have to push me off the platforms. ;-; Why?​

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pokemon: Anything with Static, Effect Spore, Poison Point, etc. I hate having to risk having to waste my valuable Full heals just because some wild Pokemon wants to be a jerk.

Tales of Symphonia: Those Cockatrice (chicken monsters) that can Petrify you by pecking. Worse is you can't tell when it's using a regular peck or one that petrifies.

Mario series: Those squid monsters (for the life of me I can't remember what they're called) that chase after you underwater.

Various RPG's: Any monster that can cause instant death.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • ^ OH GOD THE BLOOPERS. I hate those things so much.

In Pokemon BW, it's Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith, or anything with Sturdy, really. You have to waste a whole PP just to wipe out its last 1 hit point, which sucks when you're going through long caves.

Also Throh and Sawk. So bulky and impossible to kill when you're facing them, but kinda useless when they're actually on your team.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Everything Rathalos in Monster Hunter; if he's not flying around wasting everyone's time, he's hitting you, and only you, with insta-charges that have a hitbox any Plesioth would be proud of. At least he looks good.

It goes like this...

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Ok, first off.... SCREW YOU TONBERRY/DARK DRAGON/PARASITE/MATERIA KEEPER!!!!

Ok, I'm good. :D

Pokemon- 50% encounter rate in caves. Also dislike all of the trainers in Route 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 (Pokemon Black/White). It is not acceptable to have Pokemon at Level 65 to prey on poor Trainers JUST AFTER they have beaten the Elite Four with a team in the 40-somethings. Also, as an honorable mention... Zubat Pileup. 'Nuff said.

Donkey Kong Country Returns- Mole train. That thing just sucks. Also: Hyper-Beam-Spamming Purple Bat-Thing in Crowded Cavern. I hate that thing.

Final Fantasy VII- Pretty much EVERYTHING you have to fight in Final Cave. (Excluding Magic Pots. I love those things. :)) Also dislike Materia Keeper, Touch Me, and anything that KO's me in one hit. (And Super Nova. That attack just takes too darn long. :\)

Okami- Mr. and Mrs. Cutter. I don't hate them, but they scare me. :(

Legend of Zelda- ReDeads and Like-Likes. (Why must they paralyze me and steal my shield? :\) Also dislikes those darn flaming Keeses. And Ice Keeses. Well, pretty much EVERY Keese.

That's pretty much all I have to rant about today. :D

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • My least favorite enemy of all time has to be the Wall-Masters from Legend of Zelda. Seriously, those things scared me so much in OoT. I would literally avoid playing for a hours until I had enough courage to defeat them.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • Dungeon Siege II: FREAKING MIMICS. Oh, look, a treasure chest I wonder what's insi-- NO, SCREW YOU, IT'S A MONSTER THAT'S LEVEL 45 AND HAS 22000 HP, EL OH EL OH EL

(Actually to be honest mimics in almost every RPG game are a pain. But DSII took it over the top.)

Legend of Dragoon: Lenus. Ugh, I hated her. That stupid double-scythe thing was the bane of my 15-year-old existence.

Pokemon, all versions, but BW in particular: Preschoolers with god-tier Pokemon. I am going to smack the parents of the next three-year-old I see in the forest in the middle of the night playing with a Lv50 Galvantula.

Dark Cloud: Anything that can poison. This game gives you such little HP to begin with so if you get poisoned and you have no items to cure it, you are boned.

Gex 2 - Enter The Gecko (yeah that's right): Those moaning faces in the walls. Particularly in the Poltergex level, the developers keenly placed them on blind corners. So you're just walking along and OHMYGODWTF. Scared the hell out of me when I was first playing this at the age of 7.

Civilization V: Any barbarians that appear past the industrial era. Seriously, it's 1920 AD and we still have Genghis Khans running around with meat cleavers, raping and pillaging? Come on, I'm fighting a war with the Siamese here... I don't need any more interference...

Vindictus: Those kobold bosses that shoot snot at you. Just....... no.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Pokemon BW: Boldore. ガントル. BOLDORE. ガントル. Boldore's Sturdy! BOLDORE'S STURDY! RAGGHHH ASDFGHJKL. After playing it Jap/translated, I now have a bag full of Max Repels at all times.

The World Ends With You: Those stupid frogs that absorb a certain polarity.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Anything in the bloody "Final Quest". Oh no, Tonberries! Better get you before you start to stalk me! Oooh, level 99! Oh no, Haste. Oh, geez, I can't even see my next turn.

Years
  • Everything Rathalos in Monster Hunter; if he's not flying around wasting everyone's time, he's hitting you, and only you, with insta-charges that have a hitbox any Plesioth would be proud of. At least he looks good.

It goes like this...
    I feel your pain bro, I feel your pain.

The PMD games have so many troll Pokemon. There's Pokemon that always redirect your attacks to themselves, Pokemon that attack you in walls, etc.

The Fire Emblem games have their fair share of trolls too. The thieves on the enemy's side and the ballista users are very annoying.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In Pokemon, I hate going up against anything that relies on hax to win. In other games, I don't like Dry Bowser because he scares me.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Freaking Husks, Abominations, and Scions from Mass Effect 2. They always come in giant freaking waves and just rush you like there's no tomorrow. Also the Thorian Creepers from Mass Effect 1, which would stay motionless until you were in the middle of a whole room of them. *******s.

Back