• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Least favorite experience? AKA what could have been improved?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • What was your least favorite experience while playing ORAS? If it was something about the gameplay, what could have been changed to avoid the experience altogether?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    The incomplete feeling the storyline had as a result of focusing on only one team. As with Ruby and Sapphire, I felt like I was only getting half a game, as one of the evil teams was more or less ignored. I would have liked more involvement from the other team, if not complete involvement, similar to Emerald, which was a far better game in the sense of its worldbuilding and characterisation than either of the remakes.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm in such agreement with that! I was really disappointed that they didn't go the Emerald route. The other thing was that I would have rather had a revamped version of Emerald's Battle Frontier than what we got. :(

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The general idea of not being able to get the best of both worlds. I agree with above.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    For me, the worst thing about ORAS was May's redesign. Honestly, I think she looks more like a prostitute than a trainer, especially compared to her old design. Trainer customization could've made up for it, but no, they just had to troll us.

Other things I didn't like include Tabitha's redesign, the new Mt. Chimney music, Geodude being less common in Granite Cave, the DexNav not working immediately in caves, and the lack of the Battle Frontier.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Wally is still only battled twice during the main campaign. I thought for sure they would try and change it up for the remakes, but nope. Don't care how awesome his theme is, I wish he would have had a bigger role and gotten more development. You don't see any progression. You just see the results.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Exp. Share.

If I could have it my way, I would just totally reverse the mechanic of this for the whole of gen VI. Although you've got the choice to switch it on and off, I still don't like how they changed it from an item that shares out experience to an individual Pokémon to an item that shares the same amount of experience to each team member. I think it's safe to say that is one of the reasons gen VI felt significantly easier to past gens.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Exp. Share.

If I could have it my way, I would just totally reverse the mechanic of this for the whole of gen VI. Although you've got the choice to switch it on and off, I still don't like how they changed it from an item that shares out experience to an individual Pokémon to an item that shares the same amount of experience to each team member. I think it's safe to say that is one of the reasons gen VI felt significantly easier to past gens.

Amen.

It's that, plus the fact that you get access to incredibly powerful Pokemon about halfway into the game (heck, you're just flat out given one in both X/Y and OR/AS), and that the villainous teams' admins were absolutely depressing. Heck, even Archie/Maxie and THE ELITE FOUR had some questionable movesets. Courtney and Matt have only one Pokemon in all but one encounter with them, Archie and Maxie's Mightyena don't have a STAB move, their respective aces don't have a Fire/Water move, respectively, Drake's special attacking Flygon has Screech... I could (probably) go on.

Years
  • The post-game. I felt so excited to discover what it had in store and it was so lazy, literally copy-pasted Battle Maison from X/Y. I'm still disappointed by it.

Agreed. I was never a big fan of the Battle Frontier in Emerald, but even adding that would have been better than the Battle Maison.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I love so much in emerald where aqua vs magma occur and Kygore and Groudon battles on where Rayquaza just stops them for battling each other, but the remake lacking this story structure and just goes to Ruby/Sapphire Route instead going on duo dueling out. Battle mansion seems just too cliche and not much, battle frontier was a blast on emerald it's bit disappointing they remove the most vital feature from emerald and just boring battle masionish like X/Y

Years
  • I'm with Achromatic. The post-game was notably lacking, except for the Delta Episode obviously. I love the idea of a storyline to follow after you become Champion, but it was too short and that was a notable flaw the Delta Episode had.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Although the games were obviously Ruby/Sapphire remakes, what I feel a lot of people were hoping for was an Emerald remake.

A game that took the original games, updated them and then added features from the third game to make the overall playing experience better (HeartGold/SoulSilver anyone?)

I don't even wanna talk about the Battle Frontier, it should be in the game. Period.

Having grown up owning Emerald and not Ruby or Sapphire, the term 'Trainers Eye' and not 'Match Call' bugs me but that's nostalgic vibes speaking~

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The incomplete feeling the storyline had as a result of focusing on only one team. As with Ruby and Sapphire, I felt like I was only getting half a game, as one of the evil teams was more or less ignored. I would have liked more involvement from the other team, if not complete involvement, similar to Emerald, which was a far better game in the sense of its worldbuilding and characterisation than either of the remakes.

I thought it was pretty odd how not only was only one team successful in summoning the legendary, but the other team seemed to spend more time... watching the other than actually trying. You know, the team leader would just randomly show up? Shouldn't they be busy somewhere else? haha

Years
  • The post-game feel kinda short even with the Delta episode ( which was nice even though i'm not really fan of Zinnia), some gym leaders team should have their emerald team instead of those from S/R ( cough Tate and Liza cough) and even If ORAS give us a better story development ( by this I mean the character feel more alive than in the original) Emerald overall feel more complete because of how the whole team magma vs team aqua feel more important unlike S/R ORAS where we mostly focus on one team and the other team is overshadow for the most part.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Echoing thoughts from above, the lack of the opposite team in whatever game you chose. In my playthrough of Omega Ruby, it felt like Archie just sort of...appeared places, and along with the idea that Team Magma had a team that was DIRECTLY OPPOSING THEIR IDEAS, there was no sign of a feud between the teams besides a few mentions. I loved that in Emerald, you could see the rivalry for yourself, something that OR/AS really needed, given that the stakes were higher with the Primal, ultra powerful versions of Groudon and Kyogre. Couldn't you have the opposite team there more? :(

Back