• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Least favorite Generation 3 Pokemon?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • Most Gen. 3 Pokemon look cool, but my least favorites are Luvdisc, Spoink, Trapinch, Lunatone and Solrock. So quite a lot of Psychics here.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Luvdisc and Spinda for being useless.
    Kyogre for being ugly.
    Slaking for teasing us with all that power.

I would say Feebas, but Milotic is worth the hassle just for aesthetics alone.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • There are a fair amount I just didn't care about using but there are very few that I actively dislike... Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, and Luvdisc are pretty pointless I guess. Spinda is an annoyance. Castform's a gimmick... but I actually like all of their designs and concepts tbh. I guess that list would be in my "least favs" but again... I don't actually dislike them lol.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • ORAS being out is fun because I'm a Hoenn baby. Even though the nostalgia is fun, my tastes are so different than when I was 8. The only poke I have on my team that I remember using in Sapphire & Emerald is Breloom. Even though I've never used the others before, I've always really liked them. More due to obtainability e.g. Milotic who joined my party two days ago.

I only saw one mention of Nosepass. I'm ashamed of all of you. It's no longer as big of a problem though. The one thing I miss from the originals is that Probopass didn't exist.
    -I used to like Lotad more than I do now, though still wasn't crazy about him. I don't know, I think he's dopier than Psyduck and would rather have one too.

There's a lot of Gen 3 I don't care for, but I can't say I particularly dislike them. If we can say other gen pokémon in Hoenn, then the scourge of the entire world of pokémon for me is Zubat.

Years
  • MAGIC CARP!!! Definetly only no good splash attack½!! how you even get to gyrodos???

It evolves at level 20, so any level after 20 it'll evolve upon level up.

My least favorite generation 3 pokemon are definitely Minun and Plusle.

Tired of running into those little rats.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My top three least favourite Gen 3 Pokemon:

1: Luvdisc. It's weak and it annoyed me a lot in Pokemon Fire Red Omega. I still wish Game Freak had made it evolve into Alomomola.

2: Spinda. It looks kind of dull, it's pathetic stat-wise, and it seems to like spamming Teeter Dance on me. Sure, it does have a great ability named Contrary, but no Superpower or anything to use it with.

3: Delcatty. This thing tends to be annoying with Cute Charm in ROM hacks and in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. And Normalize sucks, especially in the PMD games because it really hinders the Skitty line.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    It evolves at level 20, so any level after 20 it'll evolve upon level up.

My least favorite generation 3 pokemon are definitely Minun and Plusle.

Tired of running into those little rats.

yes bet pain to lvlv if only splash atk!!! :( mybe can teatc moves tho???

Years
  • The main one that comes to mind is the Whismur line, just not a fan of any of their designs, same with Lombre (Lotad and Ludicolo are fine though) :)

Also, I've never got the hype behind the Mudkip and Ralts lines (I don't mind Gallade though for some reason, maybe cause Gardevoir seems way more utilised). I also have a feeling it's because I associate Ralts with Wally and I'm not overly fond of him (unpopular opinion I know lol) xD

There's a couple more but to round out my top 5 I'll say the Wingull line - its design is fine but it just seems to be the Zubat of this Gen, popping up all over the place just when you don't want it lol xD

Years
  • I believe I am one of the few people on PokeCommunity that hates Flygon. I think it has one of the worst designs of all of the Pokemon, it doesn't even resemble a dragon, it just looks ugly. Also, I feel it is one of the worst Dragon types out there, as almost ever other Dragon type out there is a pseudo-legendary, has a Mega form, or is legendary, making Flygon very weak compared to them.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I believe I am one of the few people on PokeCommunity that hates Flygon. I think it has one of the worst designs of all of the Pokemon, it doesn't even resemble a dragon, it just looks ugly. Also, I feel it is one of the worst Dragon types out there, as almost ever other Dragon type out there is a pseudo-legendary, has a Mega form, or is legendary, making Flygon very weak compared to them.

I hate Flygon because it's absurdly overrated.

Years
  • yes bet pain to lvlv if only splash atk!!! :( mybe can teatc moves tho???

You can't use TMs to teach Magikarp moves. What I would do is put it in the first spot in your party and then switch it out on the first turn. It'll get all the experience from the battle that way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    You can't use TMs to teach Magikarp moves. What I would do is put it in the first spot in your party and then switch it out on the first turn. It'll get all the experience from the battle that way.

yeh that or exp shar!! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2019
    Honestly Gen 3 was my least favorite overall, and had a lot of pokemon I dislike.

Nobody's said this yet, but I never cared for Poochyena, I'm not a dog person so I was never fond of this thing. Doesn't help that it's one of the first pokemon you see so it sets the stage for the rest of the game. (For the same reason I don't really like Elektrike, but Manectric is awesome.) Then you have Wingull/Pelipper which I also hate, not only because, as people have mentioned, you run into about 9,000 of them throughout the course of the game, but Wingull just looks sloppily designed and anatomically impossible. Like someone went to an arts and crafts store, spent $2.54 on cheap assorted paper and whatnot, glued it all together and it somehow came to life.

Another problem I have with pokemon often is that their final evolution often looks worse than their earlier forms, in this game that's completely true of Ludicolo. Like, Lotad is awesome, it's this derpy, squattly little thing that just stares at you awkwardly, who couldn't like that? But then Ludicolo looks like some kind of Mexican nightmare clown on PCP. Also, I think Lairon is one of the coolest looking pokemon of all, but Aggron is kinda meh. (I have the same problem with Rhydon and Rhyperior btw.) Slaking is also not cool compared to it's earlier forms. I think Whismur and Exploud are ok, but Loudred is stupid looking. (I guess I just hate pokemon with huge gaping mouths, except Golbat, Golbat is awesome.) Spoink to me is awesome, one of the cutest things ever, but Grumpig is a big fat ugly thing. Never cared for Baltoy or Claydol, like, how are things that resemble artifacts from an ancient culture that should be in a museum supposed to be pokemon? Huntail is derp city and possibly the ugliest pokemon ever. And call me crazy but I've never been a fan of Numel or Camerupt either. (Althought I suppose Camerupt is kinda cool design-wise.)

Then we have this games one off pokemon that don't evolve, and a lot of these are silly too. Volbeat and Illumise are just dumb. Same thing with Plusle and Minun, I mean they're cute, but not terribly useful, they're just annoying, and not different enough from each other for there to be two of them in both cases. Solrock and Lunatone are Kirby villains that shouldn't be pokemon. Nosepass is ridiculous (Probopass is more ridiculous but not in this game.) And I never have and almost assuredly never will use Castform.

I was gonna say Spinda, because honestly, that thing is useless and annoying, especially when you're running around collecting ash and have to fight millions of them. But at least in X&Y and ORAS Spinda stumbles around like it's drunk as hell and that makes me laugh every time so I'll give it a pass.

Back