• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Least favorite Generation 5 Pokemon?

Years
    Druddigon has a cool shiny form at least, and Sheer Force is interesting (even if it doesn't boost Dragon Claw or Outrage).

That said, there really aren't many Pokémon from this generation I dislike. But I guess I don't care for Leavanny or Seismitoad's evolution lines. I don't like Beartic, either, it's not very cool on the design side and its stats kinda screw it over.

Nakala Pri

I love every single little Gen 5 Pokemon except...

Accelgor! D:

He is ugly, his colouring is quite throwy-uppable and he just looks so lame. xD I hated Druddigon for a while but I kinda like him now. :D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Oh yeah, I forgot Watchog. I hate that thing.

He has excellent abilities. That's a redeeming feature in my book. I used one my first time through Unova and it was fun.
    I tend to avoid Reckless because I dislike recoil moves. Rock Head is good for nullifying recoil, but the only recoil moves that Basculin gets are Take Down and Double-Edge, both of which are Normal-type, which I reject because it can't hit anything super effectively. Adaptability and Mold Breaker are great, but Crawdaunt is a better Adaptability user despite being slower, and if I want a Mold Breaker 'mon, I'll take something with a strong Ground-type move that can deal with Eelektross reliably. Something like Haxorus, Throh, Excadrill, or even Druddigon.

Years
    Least favorite Generation 5 Pokemon?

These three. Horrid designs. I mean, look at Klinklang, it looks like too much is going on. A gear for a Pokemon isn't a terrible idea, but they messed up with these three.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
    This will sound bad since there are so many. Gen 5 is actually my favorite tho.

Gothitelle line: Too human, clothing, ugly as sin, looks dark type, insult to psychic type, pokemon actually based on lolita. Nothing good about it.
    Vanilluxe line: I dont dislike it because its ice cream, I dislike it because it looks incredibly stupid. Disliking ice type doesnt help.
    Meloetta: Cutesy but not cute, pandering, ugly. I guess its a neat idea? Why part Normal?
    Conkeldurr line: Might be the ugliest looking Pokemon designs in the series. Its also a poor mimicry of Machamp.
    Throh and Sawk: Too human, clothing, Burt and Ernie.
    Seismitoad line: Very, very ugly. Dont like water types much.
    Lilligant line: Cutesy but not cute, pandering, uninspired design. Nothing special about it as a grass type.
    Garbador: Its garbage. Trubbish is cute ugly so I let it pass.
    Jellicent: Male only because of Pringles. Female because it makes Aromatisse look like a Fighting type.
    Klinklang line: I dont think I need to explain this.
    Cryogonal: Dont like ice types, its ugly, and its just a snowflake. Doesnt evolve to or from something and its not good in battle. Very forgettable.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm not a big fan of Throh and Sawk, as a few people have said, they're too humanoid and I don't like clothes on Pokemon (except Cosplay Pikachu because that's an accessory rather than part of its design) and sorry guys, you're pretty gross.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Klinklang. No question about it. But unlike everyone here who complains about his design, I'm gonna complain about my experience with him

Major spoilers for a Nuzlocke comic i plan to post here. Also a bit of profanity.
    Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I have a few.

Basculin - Why are you in every water area? Why can't you evolve?
    Tympole line - Ugly, Ugly and ugly again.
    Gothitelle line - Other than feeling like a homage to the Gardevoir line I quite like this Pokemon.
    Roggenrola - 'roggenrola used sturdy' Never thought I'd miss Geodude.
    Heatmor - Pointless.

Years
    EMOLGA EMOLGA EMOLGA EMOLGA EMOLGA EMOLGA EMOLGA.
    If we're talking looks, then Stunfisk. One of the ugliest Pokémon in existence (sorry Stunfisk).

Other honourable mentions:
    Trubbish (for obvious reasons)
    Garbodor (looks like it was designed by a 5 year old)
    Basculin (needed an evolution)
    Watchog (I just hate it)
    The elemental monkeys (boring and not THAT powerful)
    Amoongus (annoying)

Sirfetch’d

Basculin - Why are you in every water area? Why can't you evolve?
    Heatmor - Pointless.

I agree with these two tbh. Basculin is just another generic fish that doesn't really do anything too spectacular. I guess it's design is ok though! Heatmor is just forgettable and really poorly designed imo :(

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Palpitoad.

Probably my least favourite Pokemon ever actually. The 5th gen is one of my favourites for designs, but Palpitoad just looks terrible. I have no idea what they were thinking when they designed it.

Years
    I agree with these two tbh. Basculin is just another generic fish that doesn't really do anything too spectacular. I guess it's design is ok though! Heatmor is just forgettable and really poorly designed imo :(

Agreed 100%.

Heatmor is literally one of the most, if not the most forgettable Fire-type Pokemon plus its stats aren't impressive at all. Its prey Durant is much more better to use, due to better typing and stats which you have to admit it's odd that the ants overpower the anteater.

Basculin is also forgettable, the only unique trait is two forms with different abilities. But aside from that, that's really it.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    All of them. Lol, jk. Gen 5 wasn't that bad. Not as good as the others, but not that bad.

Seriously, it's a two way tie between Klinklang and Garbodor. Those are just awful names and designs. They look like horribly made Fakemon. The fact that they're official Pokemon almost makes me embarrassed to be a Pokemon fan, to be honest.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I like most of them but
    Sawk and Throh i mean comeon what did they have going for them?
    Heatmor very forgettable half the time i look at him and think oh ya the durant thing
    Basculin i honestly didnt see a point in this pokemon its a fish that changes color based on your game...thats it

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Basculin, Druddigon, Throh and Sawl are very bland and boring that they're the last species I remember when I think of Unova. The two Fighting types are just rehashes of the Hitmon-duo but in a sumo variant; a bit too hard-trying imho.

I also have to bring up Archeops because not only does I t look like someone vomited a quinceañera with feathers on an Aerodactyl, it has the worst in-game ability ever.

Other mentions include Stunfisk (just doesn't work for me but credit should be due for thinking of a flatfish Pokemon with a unique typing) as well as Heatmor (ugly hot mess) and the Tympole line (Poliwag's deformed half-sibling that they would rather forget).

Sirfetch’d

Heatmor is literally one of the most, if not the most forgettable Fire-type Pokemon plus its stats aren't impressive at all. Its prey Durant is much more better to use, due to better typing and stats which you have to admit it's odd that the ants overpower the anteater.

Basculin is also forgettable, the only unique trait is two forms with different abilities. But aside from that, that's really it.

Yep Heatmor is definitely inferior to Durant. It's a shame too because I really like fire types. Heatmor is such a disappointment to fire lovers like me. At least we had good fire types like Chandelure to make up for it.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
    Gen 5 has some awesome designs but here are some I am not so fond of.

Stoutland is a serious disappointment for me. I really love the design of Herdier and seeing him evolve into this makes him look overdesigned and too furry. Really bummed that he turned into this. St. Brenards are not even that downy...

I don't really mind Timburr (who I think is cute) or Conkeldurr, but this thing looks really gross to me for some reason.

I know what they were going for but those eyes just freak me out.

Just ugly, and a cheap attempt to copy the Voltorb/Electrode thing from the first gen. Didn't really work well with me. He's a good mon though.

I know these guys are based off of things in Japanese culture and all but they look too samey for me. Having one would be cool, but three is kind of lame. I like their therian forms though.

I agree with the Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus sprites. They all look like angry Zeus' riding a storm cloud lol

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I dislike the Kami Trio's Therian forms. Just no.
    There are a couple few that are over designed like Stoutland, Seismitoad, the elemental monkeys final evolution forms.

Years
    Alomomola. From what I see, it's basically a mishmash of Luvdisc and Chansey(?) It has very high health and very low defensive stats; a fairly limited TM movepool as well. On top of that, it doesn't evolve from or into anything. One of the most forgettable Gen V 'mons in my opinion.

Back