• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Player Character?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • In terms of design, I dislike Lyra and Hilda. Lyra's overalls are just not cute, and her pigtails... she just looks like a four-year-old. Hilda is such a tramp that I don't even... ugh. Yeah. I'm cool with everyone else though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    Lucas. He looks dumb. That is all.

Hilda. She honestly looks so stupid in that outfit. She also looks a little.. err.. 'loose' for a ten year old.

That's because the PCs in B/W aren't ten, they're 16.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • I loved Hilbert (not homo-ly) simply because of the fact that he isn't 10..

Like my favorite of all time is Brendan, but it's hard to be a serious trainer when you're 10.. like Ash would've been way more awesome if he grew at least a little bit. I never understood the whole "10 year old" thing.

I didn't like Hilda cause... yeah. She might be ok if someone wanted to hire her for a bar and a few bucks, but not in a Pokemon game...

For guys, the one I liked the least would be... Lucas. I don't dislike him, he's just the most plain. I also hate Gold/Ethan's g-a-y looking pants in HGSS.
    Lucas just looks like a generic version of Ash with brown hair and weird clothing.

Everyone else is pretty awesome.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hilbert? Hilda? What happened to them being Blair and Whitlea? Hilda and Hilbert just sounds completely and utterly stupid -.-' I refuse to call them that. Worst. Names. Ever.
    Also, I didn't know that the girl from GSC was named Kris. Cool :) I always called her Monica(which I was always thinking was wrong, but it was the only name that came to mind(probably because of Monica of Monday or whatever))

My least favorite would probably be Brendan. Just because he's the most forgettable character for me. He's still pretty cool. I like all of the playable characters. In the main series, that is. I'm not sure about all of the other ones in Spin-off games.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Least Favorite Player could be Hilda. I do prefer Hilbert over her.
    Now, Lyra, yeah she looked wrong, but Hilda was Wrong(er).

All others were pretty cool. Dawn look beautiful, her Platinum outfit made her cuter ^_^
    Lucas as well was ok and cool, I gotta admit though, many people seem to forget him, including me. Eventhough he isn't noticeable at some point, he still looks cool to me.

How can I forget May, one of the best Playable characters. I LOVED HER RED R/S Outfit like crazy! I wasn't impressed with the Emerald one though yet she is still May...so I am Ok with it.

Male Characters such as Brendan, Red, etc are so memorable, they did a great job with them.

Hilda and Hilbert CREEP me out. Their Pale Skin is scary, and I do understand they were based on teens but it doesn't work well. The Cute 10 years old formula worked better IMO.

So my Final Answer: Hilda and Maybe Lyra

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • In terms of design it has to be Lyra, her outfit ugh. She gets dressed in the dark. ): I didn't like Kris all that much, either. Her hair. what.

Name-wise, Hilbert and Hilda. What. I hate them so much.

Hilbert, Hilda, Lyra and Kris are my most disliked. ;-;

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    Definitely Lyra. First off, I kinda resent her for the fact that she replaced Kris. But other than that, her Pippy Longstocking hair in the overworld sprite is annoyingly wide, her outfit is pretty ugly (the whole thing), and she's annoying ("Oh hi, my Marill evolved! Oh wait, no it didn't! I'm just a compulsive liar. ^_^").

Years
  • Hilbert? Hilda? What happened to them being Blair and Whitlea? Hilda and Hilbert just sounds completely and utterly stupid -.-' I refuse to call them that. Worst. Names. Ever.
    Also, I didn't know that the girl from GSC was named Kris. Cool :) I always called her Monica(which I was always thinking was wrong, but it was the only name that came to mind(probably because of Monica of Monday or whatever))

My least favorite would probably be Brendan. Just because he's the most forgettable character for me. He's still pretty cool. I like all of the playable characters. In the main series, that is. I'm not sure about all of the other ones in Spin-off games.

Hilbert and Hilda's names come from hild, meaning battle. I actually like their names, so creative and an unusual pun for a player character name.

I don't really have a least favorite (female characters, that is).

My least fave boy might have to be Red, he looks too serious in his Sugimori art.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I am not a big fan of HGSS' Lyra. Her in-game sprite is kinda cute though, but it's still not often that I play as her. As for the boys, I do not like FRLG's Red. I don't really ever play FRLG much, but when I did, I rarely picked the boy lol. Besides, Leaf's outfit was so flawless.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I can't STAND Lyra. For one thing, who designed that awful outfit? She looks like a Mario wannabe. And not only that, but she pisses the f*** out of me even after I chose the male character, because she's one of those annoying people that won't stop calling you. And you can't even choose not to register her number like you can with the other trainers. I also don't really like Lucas or Dawn. I don't HATE them like Lyra, but they have really strange fashion sense (though Lucas looks slightly better in Platinum IMO).

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Ehh....I like all of them, actually because of Pokemon Special. But I guess my LEAST favorite would be Leaf...maybe Lyra, but her sprite is adorable. Or maybe May. Hmm.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    MAY. I remember running around in my friends game who had playd as her. Have you ever looked closly at her hips when she walks, her hips lie, they make her look like shes 18 not 10 XD
    I also realy dont like her hair at all. I know impossible hair is very common in pokemon(F-ing Alder man) but hers is just plain dumb.
    never really like dawn in DP but I really love her coat in Pt tough. Also don't really like Lyra. The only girl ones I like really are Leaf and Kris~ Something just bothers me about White.
    But yeah I dont like May the most. she looks like one of thoose 10 year olds on Toddlers and Tiars..
    as for the Dudes I really like all of them cept Fire. mostly because he replaced Red in FireRed and LeafGreen. It annoys me when people say hes Red because Red has Black hair and is a badAss. Fire has brown hair and looks like his lamo cousin and brawl didn't help that XD
    So Yeah. May and Fire...
    As for best. I freaking love Ruby/Breden. I also really liked Diamond/lucas. sure he does look a little homo but so dose Barry. All the more reason to ship it

Last edited:

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Red, character seemed so soulless.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • so much hate for lyra... personally i really like her outfit, especially her hat.

from what i have heard the main trainers for bw are meant to be alot older, around 14-17 or something.

while i have to say i pretty much like all of them, i was a bit dissapointed with hilbert though just because he seems so ordinary, using a cap the same way red does. i still like his design, just i wished they would have been a bit more innovative.

older than ten. I wouldn't say 16/17. More like 11-15.

Anywho... My least favorite male is either ethan or lucas while for female lyra cause she looks rather dorky.

Hilda. Erm. If I were a father let's just say I'd never let my daughter go out in public exactly like that. Girls that age don't understand what's going on in a guys head when they dress as "loose" as that.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • I don't really get all the Lyra hate. To me, it's like hating Fire Red for replacing Red.

But anyways, I don't like Lucas because his design looks stupid and in the game, he was annoying and wouldn't leave me alone.

Also, Hilbert's a cheap Red clone in my opinion.

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
    Years
  • Lucas and Lyra.

Lucas was just.. poor design, and didn't seem to match up to the others. Found him a bit boring looking. xD; Lyra was too typical, and looks like they took Misty and Crystal's designs, tried to fuse them, and failed. ur doing it wrong. Wasn't too fond of either of them, though Lyra had an okay personality in the anime.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • I never played Hoenn so idk..

But I do know I don't like Brendon or Brandon w/e his name is. He seems like a bad rival...Also Lucas. He's seems boring and dull to me also Hilbert lololol and Red I don't like his clothes...lawlz. Yeah pretty much the guy players..

Years
  • I never played Hoenn so idk..

But I do know I don't like Brendon or Brandon w/e his name is. He seems like a bad rival...Also Lucas. He's seems boring and dull to me also Hilbert lololol and Red I don't like his clothes...lawlz. Yeah pretty much the guy players..

You mean Brendan.

I see you like the female designs better than the males.

Back