• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite rival

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    R/S/E, without a doubt. They aren't even rivals, because you can slaughter them easily when you are only about 4-5 levels higher. Not to mention they are too goody-goody. At least Barry was unsuspecting(so it'd be more of a challenge fighting him) and he had his little dance to go with it. Gary came at a close second though, i just feel like throwing my DS on the floor when he calls me weak, after i beat him 3 times in a row.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I don't like your rival in Diamond and Pearl because that kid can get annoying. lol

Years
    I gotta go with Gary, i mean u beat him over n over and you think "heh i showed him" then he calls you weak and ends up being the champion! muchos infuriating lol

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    I've seen a few topics asking what people's favorite rival was but I haven't seen any about which one they liked the least.

Anyway, I didn't much care for Brendan. He is way to dang friendly. In fact, he is friendly to a degree that makes me suspicious. His extreme friendlyiness reminds me of those kids I used to go to school with who pretended to act friend towards me but then when they assumed that my guard was down, they made me the butt of their jokes. Their battling isn't too good either. It's no fun for me to be able to beat all of their Pokemon (including their Combusken) with just a Grovyle--which I have done before just to see if I could. (Note: All of this can also be applied to May. I just talked about Brendan since he's the only one I've fought as I always play as the female trainer)

I hate Gary. He's really annoying with that little club of fan girls following all the time (in the first anime they did anyway) and how he thinks he's the best and he has really bad pokemon.

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Mr/Ms. Brendan/May.

They're not even rivals,just people that annoy you until you battle them.

May's too nice and caring,Brendan's just..Brendan.

Wally's way more of a rival then those two,and you only battle Wally like 3 times..And he only has a Ralts for most of his journey.

..I don't like Blue/Green either.
    Cocky little trainer..

But Brendan and May are my least favorite rivals.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    May/Brendan.

Both of them say they're going to win yet they end up losing.
    They are also far too optimistic compared to the other rivals. Winning in a match against isn't even an accomplishment.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I dislike both Brendan and Wally from R/S/E. They were both pretty lame, and I didn't find them to be very challenging.

The rival in D/P/Pt is more annoying than anything else. I can't stand people who are always in a hurry in real life. That sort of extended to the game, so every time he bumps into me I feel like punching him in the face.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    i chose gengar from the orignal pokemon blue rescue team he was a total snob i cant belive i just said snob btw 100TH post yay

Years
    D/P's rival was always bumping into me >_< I hate it.

I Agree so much i feel like jumping into the game just to punch him but he is still not my least favorite rival the one i hate the most was Brenden and May they were so weak there starter didnt even reach the final evolution

Years
    Gary, in Yellow. For getting an Eevee. Just kidding.

That red-head from GSC.

-He (pushes?) you away rudely
    -steals from Professor Elm
    -has the police after him from the get go
    -beats that Monk man in Sprout Tower with unusual sound effect

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Woah...

Too much hate on R/S/E...

Well yeah, R/S/E rivals were TOO friendly, I hated May/Brendan's last battle with me and didn't fully evolve their starters...

Oh, and Gary - he was a challenge, but a too annoying attitude.

And Jun's dance...

The three of them would be.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Wally, cause he's kinda annoying how he keeps saying that he'll be better than you someday, and ...thats about it.

Sparkle

Ninetales Rocks :D
    Years
    The ons in R/S/E and D/P Becuase they weren't like rivals- just friends. It would be cool for the next one if the rival was like a theif again or something. Or someone rude and cocky like Gary.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I've never liked the R/S/E rivals, as people have stated already, they're too nice to be rivals, they're more like friends than anything. The same goes for the D/P/Pt rival, he's also overly jumpy and just plain annoying.

In my opinion they need to bring back rivals like Gary and Silver, they were more like rivals, both in skill and personality. Gary and Silver actually tried to be better than you and beat you, like a real rival would.

Back