• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Spinoff?

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Mmmm... Pokemon Ranger... Enough said??? I just can't... Play it...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Mmmm... Pokemon Ranger... Enough said??? I just can't... Play it...

Why??? Actually, Pokemon Ranger is a good spin-off series. It is very much alike the mainstream games, only different in quite a few aspects. It could prove to be very challenging once you get the chance to play it, of course. Shadows of Almia actually gave me a nice playing experience, with the diversity of partners and such. You really need to use your mind and logic to finish the game. And, completing the Ranger dex, IMO, is far fun that completing the Nat.Dex.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemon Dash. I found it boring and a waste of my time to play. I also didn't like the fact that you could only play as Pikachu.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • Of the spinoffs that I played, I would have to say that my least favorite is Pokemon Stadium and the other vanilla battle variants... I like games that are either engaging (Like Pokemon Puzzle League), or have a story to them and a large amount of areas to explore. Stadium really never fit that bill. I never played Coliseum because of that very reason as well.

Edit: Apparently in Coliseum, you actually walk around and there is some form of story, maybe I will give it a try eventually.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I honestly didn't like ANY of the pinball games...I just thought they didn't really fit in well with the pokemon universe..
    I loved the Pinball games. Ruby/Sapphire is my favorite.

My least favorite out of the ones I've played was Pokemon Dash. Some of the races are way too complicated and the controls are awful.

Years
  • Pokemon Dash; I like all the others. Personally, I even think Pokemon Ranch and Box were better than Dash.
    Although I did like it when you could put a GBA game in the slot and it made courses based on the Pokemon in your team... :classic:

Gonshiro

Zeon Lieutenant Junior Grade
    Years
  • I can't believe that no body has said this yet....

Hey You Pikachu!

That game was absolutely horrible. A friend had rented it when it was new, so we tried it out. We didn't play it for long, and were glad it was just a rental. I'm serious, I was never so glad to see a game go back.

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
    Years
  • I didn't like dash or trozei. The only thing cool about dash was the fact you could import your pokemon from your GBA games to create maps to race on.

Years
    • :D
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Trozei is basically Bejeweled, people. So while the game ma not be gold, the idea is golden and liked by many.
    Dash on the hand is a spin off worth an apology letter of Nintendo/Game Freak for making that game

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • My least favorite spin-off was Trozei as well. I felt that it had nothing to do with the main Pokémon series at all. It was basically just a puzzle game. Even though it was my first Pokémon DS game, I still didn't like it. My favorite spin-off, however, is the Mystery Dungeon series.

Back